Garth Brooks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 88899091>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:05pm

The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".

Rednecks, every one of them.
ripbomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:27pm
My suspicions that the country is full of eejit's was confirmed today. His appeal totally eludes me. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:35pm

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".

I actually can't believe people would go and see this gig LOL.

Doubt he could point Ireland out on a map either.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:39pm

While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 

Fair point but he is incredibly disingenuous when it comes to Ireland and how wonderful we are.
I'd say 90% of concerts I've gone to the artist has said something along the lines of "this is the best crowd we've had all tour"
Goodnight Springton. There will be no encores.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:41pm

Trust me when i say there is only one show in town at work this morning as people have gone over the top about this Country and Western singer , Hummmmm whatever .

Each to their own. I'm sure non sporting people don't understand the scramble for tickets for matches and I'd be sure there are plenty on here who have the image of the Euro 2012 ticket portal burnt into their minds forever. I'd guarantee a few probably have the link still saved in their favourites too! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:18pm

Jaysus LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:20pm

https://d.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=198333979130419&id=257558294273180&_rdr

Watch

The man is a Grade A ****
His interviews are awfully cringe, he's a real life David Brent/Michael Scott. He's on a complete level of cheesy American

Edited by Shedite - 25 Nov 2021 at 3:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:35pm
Media were a disgrace yesterday with Garth Brooks, didn't see one pic or video of him either pouring/ drinking a pint of Guiness or trying to hit a sliotar with a hurl Angry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:05pm

Words fail me I wonder when the FAIs STs go on Sale will they sell out?Unhappy
Two completely different things in fairness now LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:23pm

While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 

Fair point but he is incredibly disingenuous when it comes to Ireland and how wonderful we are.
I'd say 90% of concerts I've gone to the artist has said something along the lines of "this is the best crowd we've had all tour"
Goodnight Springton. There will be no encores.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:54pm

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

I'm scratching my head trying to think of 1 inconvenience that could be caused by thousands of people congregating around where you live. No can't think of any either LOL.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:57pm
Anyway, I got myself tickets to two nights. Can't wait 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 5:22pm

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

I'm scratching my head trying to think of 1 inconvenience that could be caused by thousands of people congregating around where you live. No can't think of any either LOL.

Missed the point there so you did. If they have to put up with it for 3 nights anyway, are two extra nights really that big of deal

I'd say the supporters of blocking the extra concerts will invest far more energy into a campaign to stop it from happening than they would having to tell security guards where they are going when returning home those couple of extra nights 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 5:59pm
Hon the BrooksieClap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:41pm
he’s the mick McCarthy of music. Ireland’s his cash cow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:42pm
Sure dont they all get free tickets anyway? And dont they entice the country bumpkins to 'park' their cars for a nominal fee to look 'after' them LOL those snooty residents are raking it in........

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

My suspicions that the country is full of eejit's was confirmed today. His appeal totally eludes me. 

No different to going to see Bruce or U2 or Santy Claus. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:46pm
I wonder how many are going just because it's a big event, without really knowing his music. For a country with our population to buy up 350,000 tickets for this stetson wearing gobsh*te is up there with our greatest national embarrasments, such as Ronan Keating, Cork, and that dancing priest lad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 88899091>