You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garth Brooks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 88899091>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".

Rednecks, every one of them.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:27pm
My suspicions that the country is full of eejit's was confirmed today. His appeal totally eludes me. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:35pm

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".

Clap

I actually can't believe people would go and see this gig LOL.

Doubt he could point Ireland out on a map either.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 

Fair point but he is incredibly disingenuous when it comes to Ireland and how wonderful we are.
I'd say 90% of concerts I've gone to the artist has said something along the lines of "this is the best crowd we've had all tour"
Goodnight Springton. There will be no encores.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Trust me when i say there is only one show in town at work this morning as people have gone over the top about this Country and Western singer , Hummmmm whatever .

Each to their own. I'm sure non sporting people don't understand the scramble for tickets for matches and I'd be sure there are plenty on here who have the image of the Euro 2012 ticket portal burnt into their minds forever. I'd guarantee a few probably have the link still saved in their favourites too! 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:18pm

Jaysus LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:20pm

https://d.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=198333979130419&id=257558294273180&_rdr

Watch

The man is a Grade A ****
His interviews are awfully cringe, he's a real life David Brent/Michael Scott. He's on a complete level of cheesy American

Edited by Shedite - 25 Nov 2021 at 3:21pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:35pm
Media were a disgrace yesterday with Garth Brooks, didn't see one pic or video of him either pouring/ drinking a pint of Guiness or trying to hit a sliotar with a hurl Angry
Chips don't bounce
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Words fail me I wonder when the FAIs STs go on Sale will they sell out?Unhappy
Two completely different things in fairness now LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 

Fair point but he is incredibly disingenuous when it comes to Ireland and how wonderful we are.
I'd say 90% of concerts I've gone to the artist has said something along the lines of "this is the best crowd we've had all tour"
Goodnight Springton. There will be no encores.
LOLClap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

I'm scratching my head trying to think of 1 inconvenience that could be caused by thousands of people congregating around where you live. No can't think of any either LOL.

It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:57pm
Anyway, I got myself tickets to two nights. Can't wait 
It would damage this forums' reputation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

I'm scratching my head trying to think of 1 inconvenience that could be caused by thousands of people congregating around where you live. No can't think of any either LOL.

Missed the point there so you did. If they have to put up with it for 3 nights anyway, are two extra nights really that big of deal

I'd say the supporters of blocking the extra concerts will invest far more energy into a campaign to stop it from happening than they would having to tell security guards where they are going when returning home those couple of extra nights 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 5:59pm
Hon the BrooksieClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:41pm
he’s the mick McCarthy of music. Ireland’s his cash cow!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:42pm
Sure dont they all get free tickets anyway? And dont they entice the country bumpkins to 'park' their cars for a nominal fee to look 'after' them LOL those snooty residents are raking it in........
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

My suspicions that the country is full of eejit's was confirmed today. His appeal totally eludes me. 

No different to going to see Bruce or U2 or Santy Claus. 
I love beer gardens
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:46pm
I wonder how many are going just because it's a big event, without really knowing his music. For a country with our population to buy up 350,000 tickets for this stetson wearing gobsh*te is up there with our greatest national embarrasments, such as Ronan Keating, Cork, and that dancing priest lad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 88899091>
  Share Topic