You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garth Brooks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 91>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".

While I agree with you(cant see the attraction), it's not in his job spec to learn about every country he gigs in.. He shows up, sings a few sh1t songs, gets paid and moves on. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 1:05pm
The obsession with this guy is unreal. What the absolute f**k like.

The interview with him on 6.1 the other evening was actually uncomfortable to watch. Yer wan asked him some good Qs but he knows nothing about Ireland and seemed to know little about the reasons as to why his gigs the last time were panned. 

The worst type of American. Rolling out the whole "until you play to an Irish audience, you havent 'made it'".

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

Well i didn't have a problem with the odd concert but you have to contend with the rigging before the concerts, trucks etc constantly coming and going, the rehearsing before hand with the lights in croker shining well past 10 O' Clock along with sound testing which starts a few days before the concerts, not being allowed to drive anywhere on the day of the concerts, once you leave your house your not allowed back until well after the concerts are over, being asked by stewards from croke park where you are going when you are trying to get to your house after a walk etc etc. Its ok for one or two concerts but 5. I was the same what's their problem but when you actually live beside it you can see their point.

I fully understand residents concerns. They bought houses beside a sports ground so have to deal with the sporting side of things but additional days of not being able to drive in and out of my own home would really piss me off.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:43pm

don’t get me wrong that is a hassle alright but contending with it 5 times a year versus 3 it’s not that big of a stretch. They are all more or less back to back too so it’s not like 5 different sets being moved in and out for each one
You say the residents got their way the last time but Croke Park was over its limit that year and only 3 nights were allowed. Gareth Brooks could’ve still played 3 nights but threw his toys out of the pram because he wanted 5 nights.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:39pm
got 2 tickets for the 5th night ClapClapClap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:33pm
don’t get me wrong that is a hassle alright but contending with it 5 times a year versus 3 it’s not that big of a stretch. They are all more or less back to back too so it’s not like 5 different sets being moved in and out for each one

Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Nov 2021 at 12:34pm
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 12:00pm

Yes you will get the same pissed off locals threatening to go mad etc. but I think the argument will be there haven't been concerts because of covid and you got your way the first time.

I can never really understand why they anyway have an agreement to only have a certain number of dates for non-sporting events in the first place. Is it the same for aviva? 

And why is there a different classification, is it because of noise? Personally I wouldn't mind the odd evening now and again where there is an international music act coming to town and you can go out the garden and listen for free. 

Always hear the argument of "people pissing in my garden" but it's surely the same for GAA matches as well. Really scratch my head why two extra nights creates so much drama. Seem like a load of Karen types trying to wreck everyone else's fun "it's not in the rules, only 3 nights in the rules you can't have 5"

Well i didn't have a problem with the odd concert but you have to contend with the rigging before the concerts, trucks etc constantly coming and going, the rehearsing before hand with the lights in croker shining well past 10 O' Clock along with sound testing which starts a few days before the concerts, not being allowed to drive anywhere on the day of the concerts, once you leave your house your not allowed back until well after the concerts are over, being asked by stewards from croke park where you are going when you are trying to get to your house after a walk etc etc. Its ok for one or two concerts but 5. I was the same what's their problem but when you actually live beside it you can see their point.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:51am

Yep I agree, they did get license for 5 this time (so i believe) and it was agreed with residents.

It's definitely the same for Aviva too as I have a friend who lives close by. Anytime anything comes up outside of the agreed he gets a letter from the residents association about a meeting to discuss...sure it was the residents committee who kept the North Stand to one tier.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:41am

Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Nov 2021 at 11:44am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:33am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Two more shows added....that's 5 gigs residents gathering pitchforks as we speak
Having lived beside Croker for 4 years i can say he will not be getting 5 gigs.

Why do you say that? I don't think they would have went through this again without the signal from authorities that it will be alright 
Yeah I get the sense that he wouldn't be going through this again unless he new he was okay to proceed
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:31am

Two more shows added....that's 5 gigs residents gathering pitchforks as we speak

Why do you say that? I don't think they would have went through this again without the signal from authorities that it will be alright 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:26am

ClapClapClap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:46am

Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:27am
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:24am
Words fail me I wonder when the FAIs STs go on Sale will they sell out?Unhappy
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:51am
Got tickets for the parents for the 3rd show but my word I've never seen an online queue like it.

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:33am
Yeah got sorted thankfully but f**k me the online ques were unbelievable
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:23am
Tickets sorted 

Party
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 91>
  Share Topic