You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 62>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:59pm
Didnt make the engalnd u17 squad for the euro finals. Maybe he wasnt as good as was taught or would now be a good opportunity to try and get him back into the irish set up.
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Sponsored Links

davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:13pm
Would love to have him! Hopefully the ship has not sailed! 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Didnt make the engalnd u17 squad for the euro finals. Maybe he wasnt as good as was taught or would now be a good opportunity to try and get him back into the irish set up.

No. Good luck to the lad (I probably don't mean that)
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:58pm
He is only just back from injury and has only just been put on the bench for the Arsenal under 18's last couple of games because of that. Maybe that is the reason for not being in the squad? He is definitely good enough to be in it anyway. Haven't seen him play apart from the highlights of a few of the Arsenal under age games that go up on the Arsenal player but since he has went to Arsenal has been the stand out player whether that is playing for the under 18's or 21's according to pretty much every match report. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 8:20pm

Looks a very good talent no doubt, but I'd like to see clarity on these types of players at his age to see whether they want to play for us or not.

We shouldn't have to play second fiddle to any player.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 8:20pm
Does anyone know if MON / RK have spoken with him at least? Hopefully someone can ask them at an upcoming press conference.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 11:48pm
http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/football/arsenal/arsenal_starlet_dan_crowley_faces_a_decision_between_england_and_ireland_1_3708120

“My grandparents are Irish. I played for Ireland and when I was Under-16 I went for trials with England and got in. I’m still young and I’d never rule anything out because you just don’t know what’s round the corner.”

IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 12:28am
Sounds like he wants england but if it doesn't work out he'll play for irelsnd
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 5:53am
In others words in the next few years if England don't come a knockin I will decide use the Irish card.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 7:12am
We should do what we can to get him on board! We need our best team available in the future. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
085immersive View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 085immersive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 5:06pm
True, invite him on board again, make him feel special, a central player. I know lots of people will disagree and I won't argue with you but sometimes there are special players that you need to put that bit of extra effort in to get them to play with us rather than England, despite it being just potential. We are not exactly blessed with exceptional talent at the minute and its all part and parcel of the game today. I'm not bothered that he hasn't made his mind up. If he is that good than he has the luxury of the choice and we should be making that choice easier for him. He obviously has affinity for both countries, nothing unusual about that. Who knows maybe he is just saying this to get England scared and get himself promoted to their u21's but nothing ventured nothing gained. Its not worth doing nothing over.

Edited by 085immersive - 04 Aug 2014 at 5:10pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:19pm
Played GAA in England apparently
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Played GAA in England apparently

Roger Casement's of Coventry
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:45pm
I honestly couldn't give a rats *ss whether he considers himself English, Irish or Chinese, if this kid turns out to be a world class player I'd want him to be in our team. It's all well and good having a team of Paul McShanes who are "proud to be wearing the jersey" etc. etc. but you'll never get anywhere with them. I think we often afford to much importance to patriotism and flag-waving, I'd rather have a team of excellent players who aren't uber-patriotic but  are capable of achieving something than hard triers who invariably come up short. Pragmatism wins things, not misplaced pride and egotism.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I honestly couldn't give a rats *ss whether he considers himself English, Irish or Chinese, if this kid turns out to be a world class player I'd want him to be in our team. It's all well and good having a team of Paul McShanes who are "proud to be wearing the jersey" etc. etc. but you'll never get anywhere with them. I think we often afford to much importance to patriotism and flag-waving, I'd rather have a team of excellent players who aren't uber-patriotic but  are capable of achieving something than hard triers who invariably come up short. Pragmatism wins things, not misplaced pride and egotism.

Well said. I agree with that 100%.
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 12:40am
The national team program of Ireland needs to be more agressive check how it works with other teams when they are looking for some youngster.  Italy almost got Icardi from Argentina, and Messi could have been playing for Spain due to recidency a fewyears back, an offer came when he was 16. 

Eire is losing some genuine youngsters under the english situation,  Gerrard and Rooney could have played for Eire.  Gerrard's cousin appears as irish in wikipedia.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 8:25am
I have no issue with what Crowley is doing. If he feels both English and Irish so be it. I just hope we can convince him that Ireland is the better option.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 10:32pm
I know it can hard to judge definitively based on you tube clips, but he looks quality and definitely worth pursuing all the way. We need all the quality we can get. The fact that he has played gaa shows he must have a reasonable amount of affinity for the old sod.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 62>
  Share Topic