You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas and Electricity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 5:27pm
We have gas , but i must say it's 50/50 on what you will save as all ups and downs on both from week to week .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:24pm
Build a proper airtight house and oil/gas doesn't really matter
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 3:10pm
Anyone get the Netatmo smart heating system with Energia yet? If so would you recommend?

I see they're offering new customers a free installation and set up worth €250. I'm with them 4 years now so hopefully they'll offer that to me, if not I'll switch to electric Ireland and get the hive system with them
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Anyone get the Netatmo smart heating system with Energia yet? If so would you recommend?

I see they're offering new customers a free installation and set up worth €250. I'm with them 4 years now so hopefully they'll offer that to me, if not I'll switch to electric Ireland and get the hive system with them
you shouldnt be with any utility for 4 years Gaz. Always money to be saved by swirching once your initial contract is up. And yes I know that has nothing to do with your actual question
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:48pm
Haha I'm usually very good at switching but got lazy with the gas and electricity. I did call them after my initial year and ensure they switched me to the new customer offer but haven't done anything since that
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

you shouldnt be with any utility for 4 years Gaz. Always money to be saved by swirching once your initial contract is up. And yes I know that has nothing to do with your actual question

Forgive me Sham for I have sinned.
It was 3 months after my year deal had expired before I contacted them, they then offered me a new deal. It was the same with the business account too 

Sorry, how many hail Rory's do I need to say?

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Are you in an air tight house Rossie ? And if so do ya have a heat recovery system installed ? A bit off topic but not worth it's own thread
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Are you in an air tight house Rossie ? And if so do ya have a heat recovery system installed ? A bit off topic but not worth it's own thread

I'm not but I was thinking of building a house soon so did a fair bit of research into it over the last year or 2. Seems like the best job even if the cost is high for construction, should make considerable savings over the lifetime of the house.

Once you hit a certain level of airtightness a HRV is needed for fresh air.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

I'm not but I was thinking of building a house soon so did a fair bit of research into it over the last year or 2. Seems like the best job even if the cost is high for construction, should make considerable savings over the lifetime of the house.

Once you hit a certain level of airtightness a HRV is needed for fresh air.

Yup I've being reading and researching them the last year or so . The house I'm building is airtight and having a heat recovery fitted . They are suppose to be a great investment.   
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

It was 3 months after my year deal had expired before I contacted them, they then offered me a new deal. It was the same with the business account too 

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

One for every year you have been with that company
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:16pm
Recently got the nest installed into the home, great piece of kit I must say, works with Alexa too which is also handy.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Recently got the nest installed into the home, great piece of kit I must say, works with Alexa too which is also handy.

Admit you've talked filth to Alexa 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 10:20pm
Off topic but does any Dub remember the name of an electrical shop in Rialto in 80s I think. Beside the bird Flanagan pub.
Bohs Till I Die
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

Off topic but does any Dub remember the name of an electrical shop in Rialto in 80s I think. Beside the bird Flanagan pub.

LOL LOL slightly off topic alright 

FYI, there are still two electrical shops there, one is across the road from the Bird Flanagan the other beside the Centra
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 5:04pm
How was she exposed or embarrassed or torn to shreds?

Eh, he was quite clear about it being anonymous. No one knew who it was til she went public. Dozy attention seeker.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 18 Jan 2018 at 5:05pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Eh, he was quite clear about it being anonymous. No one knew who it was til she went public. Dozy attention seeker.

have I missed something in this thread?

Edited by Sham157 - 18 Jan 2018 at 5:13pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

have I missed something in this thread?
LOL am just thinking the same here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic