You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas and Electricity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 1:29pm
One Big Switch

EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR

ONE BIG SWITCH MEMBER

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE OFFER

Congratulations Liam, with the help of you and 78,000 other Irish households, we've unlocked a new exclusive group discounted Energy offer from Bord Gáis Energy.

discount offer

offerFind out more

The offer is available to both new and existing Bord Gáis Energy customers so remember to please spread the word - anyone who joins by midnight May 22nd can still access the offer.

Good luck and good Switching

P.S. Got any questions? Read our full FAQs here

10% Discount T's & C's
10% discount off the Bord Gáis Energy standard gas and electricity unit rates in Year 1 and an ongoing 5% discount thereafter for continuing to choose Level Pay and paperless billing. You must continue to have both gas and electricity accounts active with Bord Gáis Energy and pay by Level Pay and Paperless Billing to receive these discounts.

€120 Cashback T's & C's
The €120 sign-up offer will be applied to a your electricity account whenever you wish to apply it within 12 months from date of sign-up. The credit must be applied within 12 months of date of the customer's sign-up or Bord Gáis Energy may withdraw the offer.

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 11 Apr 2016 at 12:48pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 1:29pm
what you think Sham?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 2:16pm
Nothing new really Bob, the discount is still applied to the standard unit rate, it doesnt appear, on quick glance, to be an extra discount on already discounted rates which every supplier is already offering. The €120 cash back is ok but spread over the term of the contract is €20 per bill. If their standing charges are slightly higher than others, then that can disappear very quickly. 

What I did prior to signing up to a contract was download the last few bills and calculate who would be cheapest for me including all charges and not just the per unit rate. At the time, Energia were the best for me and I signed up for a year. Not sure if they still are but they would be thereabouts. When my contract is coming to an end I'll do the same and check all suppliers.

Another note on comparison websites, they really should just have a very simple calculator where you can put in your supplier and usage, and they can then tell you the cheapest option based on your personal usage as opposed to a general overview of plans. 
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 5:37pm
Has anybody looked into changing from oil to gas. I see calor is offering a free boiler if ye switch over.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 5:58pm
We had an oil barrel when we moved in first, put €400 into it in November, it lasted till the end of February, it was fairly mild so we decided ah sure f**k it it'll be warm soon enough. 

Then it got cold, remember three years ago where it was freezing up till mid may. f**king froze the bollix of ourselves. The following year the landlord put in a new gas boiler top of the range, our bills are far cheaper now and no having to get a tankar in when you run out + we got rid of the horrible green oil container from the garden.

Oil Thumbs Down
Gas Thumbs Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 10:17am
Any Electric Ireland customers waiting on their Gas bill? My latest bill was due on the 30th but not arrived yet. Playing havoc with my financial planning given its almost 2 weeks late. 
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 4:17pm
https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/

Free Ireland jersey of you switch to SSE Airtricity..................
Theres only one sport that matters..
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:43pm
Any electricians on here?

My fuse box just started tripping out last night.... whilst trying to watch the Bayern match.Angry

There is no new appliances being used and i've tried locating the problem (trying it with certain plugs out) but it keeps tripping.

Any ideas on what to do next?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:15pm
Unplug everything that you can, and plug them back in one by one until you find the device that is tripping the switch.

Most likely to be the kettle or toaster. Could also be a fridge or dishwasher too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 2:29pm
Thanks HB

Will give it a go tonight.

Say if it is the kettle, does that mean the fuse in the kettle plug is busted?

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:47pm
Gas bill arrived today and despite having not used any gas since the last bill it was €339.24. I submitted my reading the other day and this was the reading they used. Having not used any gas I was obviously a tad pissed off at such a bill. Before I rang to let loose, I decided to again check the meter to ensure i didnt submit the wrong reading or. When I checked, it had jumped from 3822 to 3855 in a couple of days and again no gas used at all. So I rang up and went through everything and they want me to take readings for three days in a row to ensure there is a fault, of which Im 100% certain there is.

The meter was only installed a few years back and is a digital one. Anyone had similar issues with these? Obviously ithere is a fault. I could have been overpaying for months now or it could be just a since the last bill which was abit more expensive than usual but not off the scale like this one.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Gas bill arrived today and despite having not used any gas since the last bill it was €339.24. I submitted my reading the other day and this was the reading they used. Having not used any gas I was obviously a tad pissed off at such a bill. Before I rang to let loose, I decided to again check the meter to ensure i didnt submit the wrong reading or. When I checked, it had jumped from 3822 to 3855 in a couple of days and again no gas used at all. So I rang up and went through everything and they want me to take readings for three days in a row to ensure there is a fault, of which Im 100% certain there is.

The meter was only installed a few years back and is a digital one. Anyone had similar issues with these? Obviously ithere is a fault. I could have been overpaying for months now or it could be just a since the last bill which was abit more expensive than usual but not off the scale like this one.

My gas and electricity is in around the above amount . In saying that it's a 4/5 (office) bed house with tumble dryer constantly on and she's always cooking . That heating the water aswell with kids baths . Defo something up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:10am
The most any bill has been is €160 even in winter.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:51am
total f**k up - when it's not winter the gas is only used for the oven. So bills are very low. 

I've the new digital  meter as well
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:53am
So the second day today of the three they wanted me to check. The reading is higher today than yesterday and again, i have not had the gas on. Its always amazing that these things never work the other way...always the customer getting f**ked over

Edited by Sham157 - 10 Aug 2017 at 11:55am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:37pm
Is this one of these new fancy fandango smart meters? My own energy firm want to install them but as I'm a tenant and about to move I've not bothered. Plus I prefer to report my own readings*

*Doctoring them should I need to.

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Aug 2017 at 12:38pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:45pm
No chance of a gas leak?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:58pm
Saw this thread coming up and thought:

"You said you have enough to be doing instead of filling that silly wagon with cake"

Heh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic