You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas and Electricity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas and Electricity
    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:18am
Very good to know Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Anyone ever use or come across Iberdrola?

Quoting me very competitive rates
Absolute disaster with billing, online registration not working and appalling customer service. Had the misfortune to open an account with them two years ago. Overcharged me as well and the refund arrived about nine months after I closed the account. Was shocked when the refund landed in my bank as I had given up chasing them. Avoid is my advice.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 10:59pm
Good shout. I'll press him on it tomorrow! 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 9:59pm
Sounds good. Might be an idea to also check if the rate is variable or fixed. I its a variable rate obviously they could put the price up and you’re stuck for the term.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 9:41pm
Standing charge is 1 cent a day more than current provider

Unit rate 9c cheaper! 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 9:19pm
yeah heard of them, fairly new to the market. Check everything though, standing charges vary between suppliers and indeed plans from the same supplier. Lower unit rate may not be all its cracked up to be when other charges are factored in.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 6:08pm
Anyone ever use or come across Iberdrola?

Quoting me very competitive rates
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 2:50pm
Thanks lads, getting on it today 👍
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 1:32pm
YEah moving electric companies should be a given for everyone. I set a reminder in my phone for when my contract is up, and move again. Until the companies move away from this "introductory price" model, they are asking for us to move. And the switcher proess is desigened to make it easy (you can sign up for a new comapny and they will automatically close your previous account)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 1:10pm
oh and just to add, there is zero need to be apprehensive about changing, I do it regularly to ensure Im on the best package. With zero disrespect meant, I find it very strange as to why someone of your age etc would be apprehensive. Elderly folk I can understand but even then more and more elderly folk can navigate the internet, its hardly a new phenomenon. Its a very simple process and almost effortless bar a bit of shopping around, deciding which provider and signing up. The most difficult part is going to read your meter.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Anyone use energia?

I've been with electric Ireland for years. Don't know why I get apprehensive about switching!

One big switch have a deal that apparently offers 41% off electricity and one of these thermostats that you can link to your smart phone.

Worth doing? 
Do the sums. Check a previous bill or two and calculate what it would cost with your new provider. Don't just use the unit rate, check also the standing charge as they differ. However, any discount in the 40s of percent certainly sounds attractive. The thermostat would certainly be very useful. If my current provider changes their tariffs then I will look around as I will then be able to break contract without penalty.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 12:02pm
Anyone use energia?

I've been with electric Ireland for years. Don't know why I get apprehensive about switching!

One big switch have a deal that apparently offers 41% off electricity and one of these thermostats that you can link to your smart phone.

Worth doing? 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 11:07am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I run the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas and save €200 a year!

You’re right! Totally missed that!
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Fr Purcell saved £200 by running the electricity off the gas and the gas off the electricity.

You're almost 6 years late with that one there Hetfield Wink
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:11pm
Fr Purcell saved £200 by running the electricity off the gas and the gas off the electricity.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 6:03pm
I got a decent deal with Energia about seven months ago. I think it's a one year deal but I'm not sure. I'll have a look again around Easter and probably move, depending on the deals available at that time.

I know Energia were the cheapest at the time.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

As Sheddy suggests above, try bonkers. Can help if you have your consumption for the last year. When i last changed the cheapest for the lectric was Bord Gais. 
Same. Coming up on 12 months so will have a look around again but Bord Gais were best last year
Some people just deserve a slap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 2:02pm
As Sheddy suggests above, try bonkers. Can help if you have your consumption for the last year. When i last changed the cheapest for the lectric was Bord Gais. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic