You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Giving up smoking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giving up smoking
    Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 11:52am
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 10:18am
Cheers for the feedback lads, much appreciated 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Not sure if this is the right thread to post on but here goes. Mate of mine getting married next month, big into cigars so going to buy a few for the wedding party. Just wondering which would be the best to get? No issue with paying top dollar for them, just not sure which are good/bad cigars to go for
I would say that it would be best to go into Foxs if you can - There are different types of cigars, some mild, some strong etc and they will be able to give you the best advice depending on what you are after.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:32am

Not sure if this is the right thread to post on but here goes. Mate of mine getting married next month, big into cigars so going to buy a few for the wedding party. Just wondering which would be the best to get? No issue with paying top dollar for them, just not sure which are good/bad cigars to go for

Castella

Know what I mean ?

Only Fools and Horses quiz: 13 questions on the classic Dates episode -  MyLondon

Edited by Trap junior - 12 Aug 2022 at 9:33am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:31am
50 notes for a single cigar!

edit - looks like a box of 10

Edited by horsebox - 12 Aug 2022 at 9:31am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:00am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Monicristo or Corhibas 👍

I recall someone said that Monicristo were the tops .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 12:03am

Monicristo or Corhibas 👍

Chips don't bounce
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 10:32pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

For the love of God, how did you manage to spell vaping incorrectly so many times in one post? LOL

Anyway, the amount of idiots that think it’s ok to puff away on vapes indoors in pubs, restaurants and shops because they’re not cigarettes is infuriating. Smell off them is horrendous regardless of the supposed flavour. 

Haha. Not a word I have used much before. I'll learned my lesson now and won't happen again LOL

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

For the love of God, how did you manage to spell vaping incorrectly so many times in one post? LOL

Anyway, the amount of idiots that think it’s ok to puff away on vapes indoors in pubs, restaurants and shops because they’re not cigarettes is infuriating. Smell off them is horrendous regardless of the supposed flavour. 

Something really obnoxious about the heads on people when they're vaping. Reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld's joke about chewing gum.

Amount of young wans going into vaping shops only rivalled by ones going into tattoo parlors.

Some killing they're making off peer pressure.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:32pm

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:28pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 1:53pm
Find it mad now with the kids growing up and their attitudes towards smoking compared to ours. 

Basically smoking cigarettes is considered disgusting and for old people and I don't think I would need to worry so much about the kids getting tempted into smoking cigarettes. Which is great really. 

However, now vapping is all the craze for the youngsters and they do be talking about 'this boy was vapping at the disco' or putting vapping filters on their pictures, e.g. putting me in a picture with a vape filter and say "dad I caught you vapping". So that would be the one now where you would be worried that they are a little consumed by people vapping and maybe the one where they are trying it out to be cool. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 1:48am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

After 16 years of my life I've finally concluded I need to stop smoking cigarettes.

What is the best of way of doing this.

Try to replace the urge to have a smoke with something else.
Coffee was a big one for me. Instead of going for a smoke for a break at work I’d go for a coffee.

Not sure how you travel to work but I use the tram and always use to have a smoke for the walk to the tram station, so I overcame that urge by finding myself good podcasts to listen to instead.

I use to also have a smoke before bedtime and even during the night if I woke up, felt they helped me sleep. I replaced them by going to sleep listening to a podcast or watching a documentary on phone and drifting off and the I have a bottle of water to drink when I wake up in middle of the night. 

The urges went away surprisingly quick in the end after many years of failed attempts. I'd say "right, after this pack I'm done", the id finish the pack, but then a day or maybe even a few later I’d fall down because I'm dying for the smoke to accompany my walk to work and I'd give in and buy a pack, or not being able to sleep so I’d go the garage and buy a pack in the middle night then would smoke the pack. So then I'd smoke that pack over a few days and then have to start again 

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 Jun 2020 at 1:55am
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:43pm
Take a Week off work, drink like a looney first day off, get massive hang over first day, go cold turkey and hang in for a week, how I done it 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:49pm
After 16 years of my life I've finally concluded I need to stop smoking cigarettes.

What is the best of way of doing this.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

you can still buy snuff? was part of the snuff gang at school Cool

some mess on the pillow the next morn after a day and night on the gear. 
Off licences and pubs sell it. It's good for a blocked nose but you'd be sneezing for an hour after it.

Edited by Jackal - 16 May 2020 at 10:15pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

you can still buy snuff? was part of the snuff gang at school Cool

some mess on the pillow the next morn after a day and night on the gear. 

Probably wasn’t the only mess in your bed 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic