You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whiskey Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Midleton flying through the limited editions lately, anyone get the redbreast 10 today? 

What price is the Midleton?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Powers €20 in Tesco at the minute, great value 
Horrible stuff imo. Would only have it in an irish coffee. 
I think it’s the nicest out of the base level ones. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:59pm
Yeh, i'd take Powers over Paddy and Jameson and the corked bottle definitely swings it. Don't like the new bottle design though. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Bottles from then aren't what you want, really. You'd rather something recently bottled that was casked back then and only recently bottled. If you want to really, really splash out, there is a whiskey that was discovered by Jameson's master distiller Barry Crockett back in 1994. It was a cask that had been filled in 1964 but somehow misplaced and forgotten about. It was one cask and there aren't that many bottles of it left. It's called Dungourney 1964 but a bottle of it will set you back the best part of a grand at this stage. They were €600 about five years ago, so if they are still for sale, it'll be more than that.

I worked in the Croke Park hotel and we had two bottles of it. When Ireland were playing Russia a couple of years ago, there were some Russians staying, and they drank us out of it.... except the f**kers were drinking it with coke. Absolute cretins.

Jesus Angry
A friend of mine had a similar experience. He refused to serve the coke. His manager told him to give the customer what he wanted. My friend said, F this and walked off the job.
Your friend is a spanner.
LOL
A degree of truth to that....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Midleton flying through the limited editions lately, anyone get the redbreast 10 today? 

150 ish and upwards
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 2:46pm

Going for €100, be going for a lot more on the auction sites in the not too distant future.

Blue spot was €80 when it came out, €220 on auction sites now. Could get over a grand for 2020 midleton very rare now, was €180 when it came out. I'd imagine this will follow the trend, but not to the same extent. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 2:53pm
Is Whiskey the new Bitcoin?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

As a friend once said to me, the good thing about whiskey is, it it doesn't go up in value, you can just drink it!

I buy some bottles for collecting in the home they go up in value and then some for drinking, bought two redbreast earlier, one for me and one for keeping in the wardrobe hoping it goes up in value! 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 3:00pm

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

As a friend once said to me, the good thing about whiskey is, it it doesn't go up in value, you can just drink it!

I buy some bottles for collecting in the home they go up in value and then some for drinking, bought two redbreast earlier, one for me and one for keeping in the wardrobe hoping it goes up in value! 

LOLClap
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 4:03pm
You just talking about buying the whiskey in the off license or from the distillery website? Wouldn't mind getting a bottle of Midleton and drinking it. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 4:37pm

You just talking about buying the whiskey in the off license or from the distillery website? Wouldn't mind getting a bottle of Midleton and drinking it. 

Got those from their website, bought a few from the offo during lockdown, Method and Madness single pot probably the pick, the blue spot was very good too.

Will have one of the redbreast 10 bottles for myself too. 

Edited by nvidic - 11 Mar 2021 at 4:39pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 5:19pm
Got 2 bottles of the Midleton Very Rare in 2017 when I had twins. Drank one and keeping one for their 18th/21st or something. They'll probably hate it and want a Fat Frog or Jagerbomb or something
DamoGUFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:02pm
Delighted to have picked up a bottle of the Redbreast 10. Redbreast in general is one of the nicest whiskeys. Heart
Galway United,
My love,
My passion,
My Life.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:23pm
would ye have water or ice with the whiskey or drink in straight. Probably depends on the whiskey. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:49pm

would ye have water or ice with the whiskey or drink in straight. Probably depends on the whiskey. 
Just ice with anything decent. 
Might have a drop of ginger ale if it’s cheaper stuff 
DamoGUFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:51pm
Drink it neat with some water/ice on the side.
Galway United,
My love,
My passion,
My Life.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:37pm

and on the mood im inLOL

Picked up a bottle of Connemara peated single malt the other day after it was recommended to me. Cracking stuff but wouldn’t dream of using anything other than a solitary ice cub with it
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 7:31am
Originally posted by DamoGUFC DamoGUFC wrote:

Drink it neat with some water/ice on the side.

Ice on the side Damo ?

What take a sip of then pick up an ice cube and suck it Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic