You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whiskey Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 4:42am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Fan of the American stuff myself, Jack win honey and Jim bean bourbon   

Aye, we can tell, we've seen your contributions to the Scotland match thread..................

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 8:54am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Fan of the American stuff myself, Jack win honey and Jim bean bourbon   

Aye, we can tell, we've seen your contributions to the Scotland match thread..................

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:56am
Heading out to a wedding in Mexico tomorrow and the groom has asked me to bring out a good bottle of Whiskey. Thing is *wearing my selfish hat now*, I'm much more a fan of scotch so I'm thinking of picking up a bottle of Irish Whiskey that's double distilled rather than the usual triple, so it'll be more scotch like. Any thoughts? Kilbeggan is the one that keeps popping up so far, but suggestions welcome. I plan on drinking the f*cker with him, so it may as well be one I'm in to Thumbs Up

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 1:05pm
Pick up a bottle of Jameson select reserve small batch,it comes in a black bottle and is replacing the 12 year old in the maroon bottle,its super smooth, OR, in Duty free you can get a 1 litre bottle of Signature reserve  for about 40€,also a tasty drop!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 6:04pm
Go raibh maith agat Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 11:07pm
Had some A h hirsch selection tonight 20 years old - 10 dollars great gear.
If ever in New York and looking for a quirky Irish pub head here, talking to a girl from Kerry working in it telling me it won world pub of the year to.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 1:48am
Ordered a bottle of Jeffersons Reserve Bourbon online from my turn around. Arrived this morning, going to enjoy tonight Clap
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Pick up a bottle of Jameson select reserve small batch,it comes in a black bottle and is replacing the 12 year old in the maroon bottle,its super smooth, OR, in Duty free you can get a 1 litre bottle of Signature reserve  for about 40€,also a tasty drop!

Found out they still had shelves full of the 12 year Old Jameson in Schiphol Airport. Picked up 4 bottles when I went over for the game last week. Will do the same again soon. Stock up on those bad boys, as they're already near impossible to get. Tasty stuff, and worth the investment Wink

Edited by Steve Amsterdam - 23 Nov 2015 at 9:48am
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Found out they still had shelves full of the 12 year Old Jameson in Schiphol Airport. Picked up 4 bottles when I went over for the game last week. Will do the same again soon. Stock up on those bad boys, as they're already near impossible to get. Tasty stuff, and worth the investment when selling to dumb tourists Wink
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 10:40am
Pull out in Indo on Sat on the explosion in the growth of small distilleries around the country, they are spring up everywhere.  Four each in Dublin, Cork and Waterford and one or two distilleries in most other counties.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Found out they still had shelves full of the 12 year Old Jameson in Schiphol Airport. Picked up 4 bottles when I went over for the game last week. Will do the same again soon. Stock up on those bad boys, as they're already near impossible to get. Tasty stuff, and worth the investment when selling to dumb tourists Wink

Think your message got last there Shammers...Do we need to go over how to quote posts again? Tongue
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Pull out in Indo on Sat on the explosion in the growth of small distilleries around the country, they are spring up everywhere.  Four each in Dublin, Cork and Waterford and one or two distilleries in most other counties.
Interesting. Musk ask my mum to get me one and keep it for me till next month. 
Thanks for the heads up
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 4:23pm
A good mate of mine opened a craft beers brewery in Clare - looking forward to sampling it at Xmas.

Sono probably has already sampled it. 
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 7:08pm

Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Interesting. Musk ask my mum to get me one and keep it for me till next month. 
Thanks for the heads up

Steve, actually I think it was with either Thursdays or Fridays Indo but more than likely Friday.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 9:18am

Think your message got last there Shammers...Do we need to go over how to quote posts again? Tongue
look again Stevie (wonder)Embarrassed
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 10:26am

look again Stevie (wonder)Embarrassed

Embarrassed Touche. I'll check myself in to the thick thread so...
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 2:19am
Guys, anyone know where you can buy a Bottle of Jameson bottled in the 1960's/50's anytime around there and unopened. It's a Christmas present, but also an investment for my awl man. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 3:03am
Bottles from then aren't what you want, really. You'd rather something recently bottled that was casked back then and only recently bottled. If you want to really, really splash out, there is a whiskey that was discovered by Jameson's master distiller Barry Crockett back in 1994. It was a cask that had been filled in 1964 but somehow misplaced and forgotten about. It was one cask and there aren't that many bottles of it left. It's called Dungourney 1964 but a bottle of it will set you back the best part of a grand at this stage. They were €600 about five years ago, so if they are still for sale, it'll be more than that.

I worked in the Croke Park hotel and we had two bottles of it. When Ireland were playing Russia a couple of years ago, there were some Russians staying, and they drank us out of it.... except the f**kers were drinking it with coke. Absolute cretins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic