You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whiskey Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whiskey Thread
    Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 10:02pm
Having a lovely drop of green spot with the dartsThumbs Up

anyone recommend any decent drops?
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 10:13pm
Uisce Beatha

Edited by Trapcandoit - 22 Dec 2013 at 12:39am
5 goals to go Robbie!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Uisce Beatha

ClapBeer
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 1:33am
i can recommend not drinking it
It would damage this forums' reputation
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 1:44am
Loop soup, but whatever floats the boat....Gold Label for hot whiskey only, Jameson ,great with coke and ice(blasphemy)...Shirley Bassey and ice(Black Bush) , That's only the Irish stuff...The Scottish is a different day,enjoy.....
O ye and whats story with the YBIG Christmas party no show?? bad form dude...
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 11:14am
Having a nice drop of Lagavulin 16 yr old single malt now my fav scotch before out for day of xmas shenanigans 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:18pm
Have a bottle of  Glenlivet 15 year old to bring to my mates for Christmas, the new Jameson special reserve small batch is my favorite at the minute,its smooth as silk, bought a liter bottle of Jameson Signature reserve when i was in Munich airport, will finally try it over the festive period, not an easy one to get as its only available in certain Duty Free shops,

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:21pm
Would you drink it straight or what a mixer?

I've a bottle here in the gaf that I might open up.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Have a bottle of  Glenlivet 15 year old to bring to my mates for Christmas, the new Jameson special reserve small batch is my favorite at the minute,its smooth as silk, bought a liter bottle of Jameson Signature reserve when i was in Munich airport, will finally try it over the festive period, not an easy one to get as its only available in certain Duty Free shops,

That my friend is the dogs boll*x. Beautiful stuff
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:31pm
Would never drink it with a mixer HB,straight up with a glass of water on the side Thumbs Up
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:37pm
Mixer ?
Good Lord !!!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by HateHenry HateHenry wrote:

Loop soup, but whatever floats the boat....Gold Label for hot whiskey only, Jameson ,great with coke and ice(blasphemy)...Shirley Bassey and ice(Black Bush) , That's only the Irish stuff...The Scottish is a different day,enjoy.....
O ye and whats story with the YBIG Christmas party no show?? bad form dude...

went for a nap and woke up at one am and missed everything, was sickened
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:44pm
A drop of Downes no. 9 straight up , bottled by Downes fine pub in Waterford , I 'm quite fond of a drop of Paddy as well.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:48pm
Got my auld fella a bottle of Bushmills Millennium malt the other year. Made in 1975 and aged 25 years. Made in small batches of numbered casks and bottled in 2000. Wile price but serious good stuff. 
@AntrimMan85
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:50pm
Have over 50 whiskies in my pub and i have tried most of them Big smile not fond of the Scottish drop but i am partial to a sup of the 12 year old Macallan , we organize a huge whiskey weekend every year in a conference hall next door,a real money spinner and being the manager i get to try whatever i want for free,25 year old Glenmorangie  and 24 year old Bushmills millennium malt were the highlights from this years event.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Got my auld fella a bottle of Bushmills Millennium malt the other year. Made in 1975 and aged 25 years. Made in small batches of numbered casks and bottled in 2000. Wile price but serious good stuff. 

Protestant whiskey.

Edited by horsebox - 22 Dec 2013 at 2:52pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:52pm

Clap lovely stuff, must have cost you close to 200 bucks.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Clap lovely stuff, must have cost you close to 200 bucks.

Got a serious discount but aye,  Naw cheap. What can I say,  I'm a great son LOLLOL
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic