You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 43>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:04am
sorry Leon Best i meant it was a typo  people get ready and most of you are very sensitive like a rose, wouldnt say simon cox but michael robinson could have been like kempes
Sponsored Links

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

sorry Leon Best i meant it was a typo  people get ready and most of you are very sensitive like a rose, wouldnt say simon cox but michael robinson could have been like kempes
good man, that was a money back specialLOL

In all seriousness, is there no way of removing this tripe, it has gone on long enough now. The joke is over

Edited by Clonbhoy - 04 Feb 2014 at 9:08am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:13am
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

javier i was panicking in case this was some new lad i hadnt heard of.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:21am
Leon Brendan Best is well known , but there must be a "brendan best" somewhere around the world.  At least you are getting a new recruit, the Republic needs to further the pool of players asap, 

there is also a youngster, a striker from canada that i read the other day with a strange and funny surname that is related to Ireland somehow I think he plays for sheffield wednesday
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

whats the point in international football if we take every waif and stray on. id get more satisfaction out of irish lad playing tbh. Or at least 2nd generation irish who's intention was always to play for ireland. These lads will never really make a difference to the overall quality of the squad anyway. 

Bigger countries than ourselves do it all the time Citizen. With our small pool of players we simply can't afford not to follow this trend. Not saying that we can't field a team of basically home-grown talent somewhere down the line, but it would be far far down it. You know all this yourself sure.

Imv I'm quite touched about it when these lads show some genuine desire and enthusiasm to don the green. Look at Carruthers (is it?), he turned down how many other countries including England to declare for us. As long as this chap shows some sort of similar desire for it I'm happy to have a look at him at least.
big difference between carruthers and mcgoldrick. no problem with genuine lads wanting to play for us (clark ,mccarthy, mcgeady, kilbane), but not lads who want to get a bit of international football on their cv as they approach their late 20s. Other countries only do it also to add quality to the squad, not for the sake of it. spain with senna and diego costa. deco portugal etc. I don't think he would add anything to the squad in terms of quality tbh, a good percentage of his goals have come from the peno spot, and he also has no history of being a prolific scorer.  
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:25am

whats the point in international football if we take every waif and stray on. id get more satisfaction out of irish lad playing tbh. Or at least 2nd generation irish who's intention was always to play for ireland. These lads will never really make a difference to the overall quality of the squad anyway. 

Bigger countries than ourselves do it all the time Citizen. With our small pool of players we simply can't afford not to follow this trend. Not saying that we can't field a team of basically home-grown talent somewhere down the line, but it would be far far down it. You know all this yourself sure.

Imv I'm quite touched about it when these lads show some genuine desire and enthusiasm to don the green. Look at Carruthers (is it?), he turned down how many other countries including England to declare for us. As long as this chap shows some sort of similar desire for it I'm happy to have a look at him at least.
big difference between carruthers and mcgoldrick. no problem with genuine lads wanting to play for us (clark ,mccarthy, mcgeady, kilbane), but not lads who want to get a bit of international football on their cv as they approach their late 20s. Other countries only do it also to add quality to the squad, not for the sake of it. spain with senna and diego costa. deco portugal etc. I don't think he would add anything to the squad in terms of quality tbh, a good percentage of his goals have come from the peno spot, and he also has no history of being a prolific scorer.  
spot on
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:30am
its no harm to cap a few of these lads , we would have lost lawro and andy T to england i bet if they had been allowed to switch later on and they were both class players for us who peaked a little bit later in their careers  
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

spot on
Out of McGlodricks last 36 goals only 2 of them came from the penalty spot. If you think 5% is a high percentage than fair enough. He's scored 15 from 32 so far this season and 21 from 40 the year before. We can argue the fact that some of the goals the year before where with Coventry but in my opinion that's an extremely impressive record.

We're not blessed with forwards who score goals, in fact besides Robbie we have no prolific forwards. As RM mentioned the lad should get a chance come March to see what he can do.

I've no problem with someone playing for us once they give 100% or add a bit of quality. 

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 10:18am
He seems to be a late bloomer, let's see if he can maintain his form and warrant a chance.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 10:23am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

spot on
Out of McGlodricks last 36 goals only 2 of them came from the penalty spot. If you think 5% is a high percentage than fair enough. He's scored 15 from 32 so far this season and 21 from 40 the year before. We can argue the fact that some of the goals the year before where with Coventry but in my opinion that's an extremely impressive record.

We're not blessed with forwards who score goals, in fact besides Robbie we have no prolific forwards. As RM mentioned the lad should get a chance come March to see what he can do.

I've no problem with someone playing for us once they give 100% or add a bit of quality. 

he is a very average player who has just hit a sweet bit of form and is as Irish as Benny Mccarthy.

Thinking about it, he can have Cox's place
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

He seems to be a late bloomer, let's see if he can maintain his form and warrant a chance.

Probably the reason he shouldn't be called up - People forget Martin O'Neill prefers the 1 lad upfront, and it has to be a lad who can win a ball from the air either through strength or heading ability 
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 10:47am
Bit harsh clonbhoy, mcgoldrick was adopted and only found out last year that both of his birth mothers parents were Irish. Had he known this when he was 17, who is to say he wouldn't have declared? I certainly think he is an exceptional case.

I haven't seen enough of him to know if he's good enough but on his goal record he has to be ahead of the likes of cox, Doyle, Sammon etc

You say he's as Irish as Beni McCarthy, in fact he is as Irish as ciaran Clarke, sean st ledger, paul green, Aidan mcgeady
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Bit harsh clonbhoy, mcgoldrick was adopted and only found out last year that both of his birth mothers parents were Irish. Had he known this when he was 17, who is to say he wouldn't have declared? I certainly think he is an exceptional case.

I haven't seen enough of him to know if he's good enough but on his goal record he has to be ahead of the likes of cox, Doyle, Sammon etc

You say he's as Irish as Beni McCarthy, in fact he is as Irish as ciaran Clarke, sean st ledger, paul green, Aidan mcgeady

Absolute bollocksLOL Clark and McGeady were both brought up in Irish households, McGeady spent summers in Donegal, but this lad didn't know he was Irish. If he had have done it would all have been differentLOL. The Paul Green analogy is spot on though.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

spot on

sorry i was wrong re penos, thought it was more for some reason. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:22pm
Caoilan Lavery thats sound some celtic name all the way, is he able for the Republic?
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 11:03pm
Looks like hes out for the rest of the season, so thats that!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 8:42am
Big loss for Ipswich. He was scoring 1 in 2 this season.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 12:45am
Matt Holland just said call him up as he's the next best thing to Robbie Keane hear him out Martin WinkWink
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 43>
  Share Topic