You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 43>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:43pm
Cracking goal. Sean Maguire also scoring for Preston, 4-2 up against Brentford after being 2-0 down.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:44pm
Made something out of nothing there, great to see him looking on form ahead of next week.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:46pm
Problem is when hes playing for us he usually has to come out to almost halfway to get the ball. We need him closer to goal.

Edited by doherty - 04 Oct 2020 at 3:46pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:13pm
How did egan and Stevens  do today
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

How did egan and Stevens  do today
Beat 2-1
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:26pm
All three Sheffield utd lads played 90 mins, mcgoldrick grabbed a goal which el be good for his confidence.

Not sure on individual performances 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:36pm
Egan had a decent game and looked sharp for the most part but himself and Stevens could have done better for one on Arsenal’s goals. Sheffield United have been unlucky in a few games this season . Worrying prospect for Dundalk if Arsenal get into full flow 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 5:51pm
👍
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Problem is when hes playing for us he usually has to come out to almost halfway to get the ball. We need him closer to goal.

He did that quite a bit today. Where he scored from was probably the closest to the opposition goal he had been all game, and it was still about 20 yards out.

Sure at one stage, at the start of stoppage time, he's near the half way line taking a throw-in as they're chasing a goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 7:39pm
How did Sheffield United do overall today?

They have had a poor start. Too early to be talking about relegation and they seem to have done well in the transfer window. They were a very impressive outfit last season. 
triggs1993 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggs1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:34am
Thought he was excellent last night. Unfortunately was playing too deep to be a goal threat. Very good in possession of the ball though.

Wonder if playing him in the number 10 with someone up top be a viable option. 
Paddiad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 11:35am
That's something I've often thought would make sense to try
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 2:39pm
I'm a big fan of mcgoldrick, he's not a goalscorer by any means but his build up play can be very good.

At the moment he doesn't get to finish a lot of games with Sheffield Utd and at 33 in a few weeks I can see hes going to get less time going forward in what is a problem area for them.

That said I can't see him making the WC qualifying games, which we are currently building for. For me I'd say play Connolly, Idah, Robinson, maguire. We can hope Parrott and obafemi break through.

Move away from selecting Mgoldrick and Shane Long 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 2:49pm
Holding out for Parrott hitting the ground running at Millwall. I wouldn’t write of McGoldrick completely. He’s literally one of our top performers right now
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 3:26pm
between Shane Duffy and Mcgoldrick and formerly Coleman, a substantial cohort of Irish fans seem absolutely desperate to move on the few players we have that have actually put two good games back to back for ireland.

It’s fcuking tragic.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:05pm
McGoldrick is head and shoulders our best player at the moment  and it’s madness to say he should be left out of squad for wc.

Who scored the winning goal for wales this week ????
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 5:04pm
Retires. Some loss.
Here we go again
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 5:05pm
Shame , always brought something to each game 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 43>
  Share Topic