Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 43>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 4:59pm
The offending users profile name contained a reference to Conor McGregor, hopefully t'f**k they aren't Irish and coming out with that sort of sh*te.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 6:03pm
Embarrassing - these f**king mouth breathers...

Great to see McGoldrick put a brace past a sh*tty club like Chelsea. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Embarrassing - these f**king mouth breathers...

Great to see McGoldrick put a brace past a sh*tty club like Chelsea. 

It's just great to see him score let's be honest! I know both came from defensive errors but he still bashed them away nicely.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:23pm
Great to see him score - twice! Hard to believe it's his first goal(s) in the league all season. Much deserved.

Oh, David McGoldrick! 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Delighted for David McGoldrick. One of the most industrious players on the field, and a truly nice person off it.  A few years back, my twin boys Bobby and Christian, had the opportunity to accompany the Irish team onto the field at Met Life stadium for a friendly against Mexico.  Bobby walked out with David, while Christian walked out with James McClean, who wore the captain's armband that evening.  James was all business, only asking Christian who he would be rooting for. When Christian replied "Ireland, of course." , James nodded and said, "Good lad."  David was far more talkative, happy to learn that Bobby was a fellow striker, asking about his team, where he was from, etc.. He made a genuine impression that night, and we've been pulling for him ever since.  I'll also note that Wes Hoolahan (my favorite player) went out of his way to introduce himself to all the kids and shake their hands.  Class acts.
Soccer is my sons' passion, and they recently made the New Jersey Olympic Development team. Unfortunately, they are a generation of two removed from being eligible to represent Ireland. Nevertheless, when they first started playing soccer, I couldn't help myself.

Lovely post and story. A great example of the Irish around the world! 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Delighted for David McGoldrick. One of the most industrious players on the field, and a truly nice person off it.  A few years back, my twin boys Bobby and Christian, had the opportunity to accompany the Irish team onto the field at Met Life stadium for a friendly against Mexico.  Bobby walked out with David, while Christian walked out with James McClean, who wore the captain's armband that evening.  James was all business, only asking Christian who he would be rooting for. When Christian replied "Ireland, of course." , James nodded and said, "Good lad."  David was far more talkative, happy to learn that Bobby was a fellow striker, asking about his team, where he was from, etc.. He made a genuine impression that night, and we've been pulling for him ever since.  I'll also note that Wes Hoolahan (my favorite player) went out of his way to introduce himself to all the kids and shake their hands.  Class acts.
Soccer is my sons' passion, and they recently made the New Jersey Olympic Development team. Unfortunately, they are a generation of two removed from being eligible to represent Ireland. Nevertheless, when they first started playing soccer, I couldn't help myself.

love that, great pic, was at that match as well as i live in NJ- best of luck to your boys in their careers!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 8:45am
Won the FAI 2019 POTY, fully deserved imo Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

The same SU side, bar for the last handful of games of the season were in a European place and bottled it. McGoldrick scored a measily 2 goals in 28 games, so the barometer wasn't exactly sky high.

SU fans may well see him most, but with all due respect a 32 year old isn't going to have added anything new to his game that we (Ireland fans) haven't seen before so it's irrelevant really.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:18am
You do realise the FAI POTY award was for how they performed for Ireland Embarrassed

Edited by Green Devil - 06 Aug 2020 at 9:19am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:39am

You do realise the FAI POTY award was for how they performed for Ireland Embarrassed

And on that basis it was completely deserved, in almost every game he played he was a contender for MOTM.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:50am

I was messing about!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:04am

So winning a POTY award is a token gesture that means nothing if James McClean wins it, but when David McGoldrick wins it for an Ireland team that's looked shambolic it suddenly mean something.

Right.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

So winning a POTY award is a token gesture that means nothing if James McClean wins it, but when David McGoldrick wins it for an Ireland team that's looked shambolic it suddenly mean something.

Right.

It's also a token gesture, we were awful under Mick McCarthy but he was one of the few positives to come out of his reign. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:27pm
Great team goal for his goal in the cup tonight.

Part of a 4-4-2 they played aswell which is encouraging that he's getting goals playing as an old fashioned #9 rather than the complicated systems he's been involved in
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:41pm
Just scored a lovely goal against Arsenal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:42pm
Nice finish
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:42pm
Great finish 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:43pm
Cracking goal.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 43>
  Share Topic