Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 43>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 11:47pm
I don't think PM was stating 1 in 4 games in which he has played the entire 90 minutes, more 1 in 4 games in which he has played whether he lasted the entire match or not, in fact he has worse than that so he was being generous. You should work for the Russian sports ministry with your resolute determination to subvert reality through compulsive denial and  obfuscation!
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 8:01am
You really don't have a monkeys what you're on about, do you? Attempting to "subvert reality" would be an attempt to misrepresent the facts of a situation; in a lot of ways that exactly what the "goals to game ratio" measure does, because  failing to score in a one minute appearance is represented as being equal to failing to score in 90 minutes. Measuring a player on "goals to minutes" is the exact opposite of "subverting reality" because it actually makes a much better attempt of correctly representing the facts. If you can't grasp that on its most basic level, or you're simply kicking up a fuss because you love to kick up a fuss at everything I say, then you really aren't worth arguing with.

Edited by The O'Shea - 16 Dec 2019 at 8:02am
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 8:01am

Edited by The O'Shea - 16 Dec 2019 at 8:02am
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 8:09am
McGoldrick must know that he has made it, now that he is on O’Shea’s list of infallible players.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 8:45am
Again, made what exactly? There's nothing infallible about McGoldrick, I think it's more your own ego that feels infallible because clearly it can't take being proven incorrect.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 9:02am
Ffs!LOL
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 11:03am
ah O Shea while your argument is absolutely valid based on goals per minutes is 100% statistically correct.
Goals per game is a far better measurement of where the player is actually at if he Plays 4 games and only scores in 1.
That is the actually measurement per game where his goals had an impact on the game.

Moving to goals per minute looks more impressive but the long and the short of it Is he still only gets a goal 1
 In every 4 games.

Either way he doesn’t score enough goals
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 1:01pm
If there was ever a chance that summed up all of our misfiring strikers, it was McGoldrick's one against Denmark when he put it over the bar. He didn't realize that he had more time to take his shot and place it better or least hit the target. Schmeichel gave off sh*te to his defenders for giving such a good chance away that really should've been scored. 

I know our strikers are devoid of service from our midfield but I've seen enough of players like McGoldrick and Long at both club and international level that they simply aren't poachers. They miss too many chances when they do get them. 

I think Maguire gets far too much criticism on here for not being international class when he hasn't played well or been effective in Ireland games but for me he's the only one (albeit at club level) that looks a natural finisher. I've always been impressed by his finishing for Preston when he does get the goalscoring chance and would back him above any of our current strikers to score if given chances against Slovakia. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Again, made what exactly? There's nothing infallible about McGoldrick, I think it's more your own ego that feels infallible because clearly it can't take being proven incorrect.
LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 3:16pm
Where is tha famous twitter argument where some lad is 39 years old and the other one said he was 40. Pure nonsense like the above 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:07pm
most disdy opportunity to score 1-1 with keeper and hit the side netting
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 4:42pm
Another big chance just there for him sees the ball go on roof of net.

He's never gonna score this season 

Edited by Andrew00 - 21 Dec 2019 at 4:42pm
King Neymar View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 12:10am
I'm going to say, watch football then comeback to me when any of ye have a clue

May or May not be said out of character, he does what he like (which team is winning (
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 10:04am
score centre lads were raving about him yesterday. He's first touch , positioning and link play. Likewise said that he'd want to score soon 
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

I'm going to say, watch football then comeback to me when any of ye have a clue

May or May not be said out of character, he does what he like (which team is winning (
Good night?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 1:35pm
Mcgoldrick is playing well despite the lack of goals, it would seem that shane Long has played well over the last couple of games too.

If ireland play Long and mcgoldrick up front in the next game and one of them scores, such a singularly may cause the universe to go supernova and it could very well trigger the apocalypse and the end of humanity.

If it means we score though...

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 3:52pm
           LONG   McGOALDROUGHT

That is the striking partnership that would sum up the Irish National football team of the last few years.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

LONG   McGOALDROUGHT

That is the striking partnership that would sum up the Irish National football team of the last few years.

I actually like the idea of both of them, on form, being in the team, even if the goals are like hen's teeth.
But regardless, we need to get Connolly on the pitch one way or the other if he's fit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 43>
  Share Topic