You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 43>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 12:23pm
I do love Didzy. A cult hero. Like Wes, he’s even sweeter to watch having arrived in the big league late in his career
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:08pm
When you lads are down the pub talking about McGoldrick do you call him Didzy?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I shout Didzy when I’m making love to the wife 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:51pm
Didzy.  I'm so Didzy my head is spinning
Like a whirlpool it never ends
And its your goals making it spin

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:32am
Another brilliant performanceClap
It’s a shame no one was there to play off him.

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Yeah I thought he was excellent. His close control was very good but not made for a lone striker role 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 7:34am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeah I thought he was excellent. His close control was very good but not made for a lone striker role 
It could work if we had willing runners from midfield who wanted to get beyond him, unfortunately we are lacking such players.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 8:19am
Hopefully Wales do the business tonight. Away to Slovakia on paper seems a better tie at least. That wouldn't faze me at all. We had a fairly young team out last night bar Whelan, McClean and McGoldrick. All the rest have another campaign or two in them. They showed last night they can actually pass the football. Hopefully Kenny can build on that next year.

Edit: Wrong chat.

Edited by Stickittotheman - 19 Nov 2019 at 8:24am
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 8:55am
Raging he is 31. What a player Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 8:58am
his touch and link up play is very good. but most of the time he has to come deep and there is nobody up front which is part of our problem. not his fault though.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:32am
poor fella is fckin wasted with us , if he had a decent striker playing off him we'd get goals galore 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:40am
Spends too much time outside the box for my liking - maybe thats why he never made it to the top given his other many attributes..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Spends too much time outside the box for my liking - maybe thats why he never made it to the top given his other many attributes..
If he didn’t come out of the box we would never pass the ball forward in their half. He needs players willing to break past him from midfield, unfortunately we don’t have any.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:09am
He's a very good player to be fair but McCarthy's system demands an awful lot of him. He has to be the target man, come short, run the channels etc. Fairly flogs him and it's no wonder we were so desperate with Collins in his place last month.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:45am
it’s a pity Connolly was injured, would like to see a pairing of him and mcgoldrick. Has potential. 

Pity mcgoldrick had such bad injuries In the past. Imagine him and Wes playing in the same teamHeart.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:56am

it’s a pity Connolly was injured, would like to see a pairing of him and mcgoldrick. Has potential. 

Pity mcgoldrick had such bad injuries In the past. Imagine him and Wes playing in the same teamHeart.
They would have constantly got in each other’s way. McGoldrick is a better player than Wes too.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:12am
Nah Wes was better but they are very similar, I said it years ago when McG played against England he reminded me of Wes and could become his successor, its a pity he was frozen out by MON.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 19 Nov 2019 at 11:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 43>
  Share Topic