You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 43>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 6:48pm
Written off before a ball has been kicked Confused

He's been outstanding today and will do a job in the Premier League!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Can see him staying at champ level if he is forced out, maybe to Warnock's Cardiff when they go… although Wilder doesn't seem the kind of bloke to force a player out if he has done a job. 

Where was I think Norwich would be a lot more cut throat to players that took them up, in their summer transfer policy.
Fulham did that last year, it didn't end too well.

I haven't been alone in being critical of McGoldrick in the past, but Wilder has turned him into a very useful player in a very useful team. I would be very surprised if he ripped the plan up because of it being successful. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 7:37pm
Just getting the balance right is the key , have to keep him for sure and United will have to buy a few players in key areas then hope for the best . Lets face it they will be one of the favs to drop down again at the end of next season along with Burnley Big smileBig smileBig smile

Edited by Claret Murph - 27 Apr 2019 at 7:38pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just getting the balance right is the key , have to keep him for sure and United will have to buy a few players in key areas then hope for the best . Lets face it they will be one of the favs to drop down again at the end of next season along with Burnley Big smileBig smileBig smile

Brighton and Palace without Zaha are also good shouts 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:30pm
I think he'll do alright, he has the skill level to be a useful player for them in a league where they'll likely struggle to create many chances.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 9:46pm
He deserves his chance to go up, and I don’t see Sheffield United having an unlimited budget to splurge on players. Hope we see some vintage performances next year.

Produced an outstanding pass that nearly led to a goal today. 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 7:36am
Won the clubs player of the year award. ClapClap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 8:28am
Few contenders for it too. 
He seems to be universally loved.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:27am
Big achievement considering Sharp scored more goals, shows he makes a big all round contribution. Fair play to him.

Edited by The O'Shea - 29 Apr 2019 at 9:27am
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:23pm
Has scored against Real Betis in a friendly being played in a Vilamoura 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 1:19pm
Sheffield bringing in some quality forwards. Doubt David gets many if any starts unfortunately. Hopefully he still gets playing time.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 5:55pm
Don't overly see the fuss with McBurnie tbh, I reckon McGoldrick will still see plenty of playing time.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 6:04pm
McBurnie has been awful whenever I have seen him, it seems an odd one. McGoldrick has proved a lot of people wrong, myself included( I know he expressed concern about this), he will get opportunities this season.
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 6:19pm
Dave was player of the year there last season!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

McBurnie has been awful whenever I have seen him, it seems an odd one. McGoldrick has proved a lot of people wrong, myself included( I know he expressed concern about this), he will get opportunities this season.

Can't have seen much of him, he's been excellent for Swansea. Real handful and ideal for how Sheff Utd play.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Can't have seen much of him, he's been excellent for Swansea. Real handful and ideal for how Sheff Utd play.
A handful with the touch of a donkey! I have seen loads of him. He’s sh*te.
King Neymar View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm

How exactly do United play?

Hate to tell you all Mcgoldrick will likely be the rotated striker or will drop back to the AM/free role.

Same with Robinson, won't be getting much time starting games regularly 
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

How exactly do United play?

Hate to tell you all Mcgoldrick will likely be the rotated striker or will drop back to the AM/free role.

Same with Robinson, won't be getting much time starting games regularly 

So they signed Robinson for what was a club record fee just to use him as a rotation player? Doesn't seem likely.

Similarly with McGoldrick, you'd expect him to be playing the "free role" rather than the main striker because that's where he usually plays anyway.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 43>
  Share Topic