Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 43>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Id question his motivation tbh

What, because he's English-born? Confused That sort of cynicism/outright bigotry is getting ridiculous on here in the wake of Grealish/Rice...
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

What, because he's English-born? Confused That sort of cynicism/outright bigotry is getting ridiculous on here in the wake of Grealish/Rice...
Where exactly did Mcg post anything about that shoite you have just spouted
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Where exactly did Mcg post anything about that shoite you have just spouted

Cheers Doc. Lord almighty, bigotry. Are you mental LOL

All i said was that id question his motivation to play for us. He has been cut by MON on more than a few occasions and i reckon he is just fed up. 

f**kin hell LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 2:26pm
Jaysus talk about plucking something out of thin air....
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He plucked it right out of the fckin pea he has as a brain, gobshoite posting spunk like that
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 2:41pm
The Ivan Pedroso of jumping to conclusions! I'm not sure he is fed up with being cut, he has had some bad luck with injuries. I imagine if he was to quit international football it would be to try and prolong his club career as a result of these.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He plucked it right out of the fckin pea he has as a brain, gobshoite posting spunk like that

What ever happened to play the post, not the poster, eh? Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 4:32pm
I remember away to Austria he was brought on towards the end and he barely broke a sweat.

didn't bother his hole chasing down players or anything 
They've only gone and done it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

I remember away to Austria he was brought on towards the end and he barely broke a sweat.

didn't bother his hole chasing down players or anything 
That's just his style though. I am not sure he is good enough, but I don't think there is anything to suggest it is down to a lack of interest on his part. He just lacks pace and has a languid style.
connord96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connord96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:00pm
Just scored for Sheffield utd. Enda Stevens has been superb so far
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:03pm
Took his goal well tonight. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Took his goal well tonight. 

Been in super form for them, has very much won over their fans after initial skepticism when he signed. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:10pm
Another goal and assist for him today. Stevens got an assist too.
We're decent enough..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:14pm
I think McCarthy will have him as our main striker unless Bamford comes on board
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 11:22pm
Seems like he has 3 or 4 in the last few games so looks like that he be pushing for a place in the team.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 2:23pm
I'm not sure he's that well equipped to play a lone striking role, he's much better with someone up beside him (like Murphy when he was at Ipswich) so that he can drop deep and link with midfield.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 2:29pm
He is an excellent foil for Billy Sharp. I am of the opinion that there is still a decent poacher in Scott Hogan.It might not be a bad partnership to try out at some stage. He has certainly been impressive this season.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 3:13pm
If McGoldrick can stay injury free and keep his form for the rest of the 2018/19 season, I could see him having a big role especially in the March/June Qualifiers. But he can be in & out of injury a lot which has can hamper his form. Mick knows hims which will help his cause. 
It is hard to know really, all depends who is injury free come the Qualifier games in March. We have a lot of Strikers/Attackers who are struggling with injury & form at the mo. Maguire (injured) Robinson (injured) Hogan (just back from injury but showing no form) Long (Can't buy a goal at the mo) Obafemi (out with a short term injury after scoring his first goal)
I havent seen Sheffield United play, where does McGoldrick play within the team? Ie the deep striker of the 2/ more attacking fielder etc?

Edited by darman28 - 01 Jan 2019 at 4:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 43>
  Share Topic