You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David McGoldrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 6:58pm
in football everything is debatable, that's the beauty of it, and we can be fighting and debating for hours  and days without any concrete result, football is that!!!   each of us has his booklet on his perfect game of many ways of playing the football plan,  a model that fits your taste in players,  strategies and tactics

I like Cillian Sheridan for what i watch on the telly,  he offers havoc, i liked Murphy and i am waiting for some youngsters to carry on ,.. i also like a Keith Treacy player, and a left back called Greg Cunningham  and back then i liked  Ronnie Whelan and Michael Robinson and Rory Delap and Curtis Flemming and Jeff Kenna, Stephen Reid and Jason McAteer  and Sheedy and Aldo ,  Finnan was a good player too and kenny Cunningham , thats the taste of football i have.   

I was happy when Trap came, but then he played very negative football, i liked Jack Charlton eagerness and put them under pressure attitude but i think that ireland could have got better results with his golden generation with some mixed passing tactic 

Edited by JAVIER - 03 Feb 2014 at 7:04pm
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

in football everything is debatable, that's the beauty of it, and we can be fighting and debating for hours  and days without any concrete result, football is that!!!   each of us has his booklet on his perfect game of many ways of playing the football plan,  a model that fits your taste in players,  strategies and tactics

I like Cillian Sheridan for what i watch on the telly,  he offers havoc, i liked Murphy and i am waiting for some youngsters to carry on ,.. i also like a Keith Treacy player, and a left back called Greg Cunningham  and back then i liked  Ronnie Whelan and Michael Robinson and Rory Delap and Curtis Flemming and Jeff Kenna, Stephen Reid and Jason McAteer  and Sheedy and Aldo ,  Finnan was a good player too and kenny Cunningham , thats the taste of football i have.   

I was happy when Trap came, but then he played very negative football, i liked Jack Charlton eagerness and put them under pressure attitude but i think that ireland could have got better results with his golden generation with some mixed passing tactic 

No offence Javier, but how many times could you watch live League 1 and Cypriot league games regularly. Let's be honest here! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
IrwinClass View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrwinClass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 7:06pm

Originally posted by IrwinClass IrwinClass wrote:

i would give a go to Daryl Murphy as well, they are the attacking dueto after all they are at the same level,  i like Daryl Murphy more before him  to give him a chance tbh, i mean there's noting wrong with this mcgoldrick fellow , but i would prefer to give chances to Daryl Murphy, Rory Donelly , Cillian Sheridan or any irish youngster before him, but of course it is better to extend the pool of players to choose from.   What about this irish  Boland playing in Germany?   There is also a maguire in Holland as well

Trapnoclue is banned 1000000 times yet this clown keeps getting away with posting his wum nonsense.

Murphy is 31 next month and has scored half the goals of McGoldrick playing in the same team yet should be ahead of him...

Donnelly has done nothing yet, hasn't declared, has played 123 mins of senior football in the last 2 years and is now on loan in league one, yet should be ahead of this lad...

Sheridan has scored 1 goal in 20 games in Cyprus and should be ahead of this lad...

You were already told in the other thread that Boland is also a German surname with nothing to do with the Irish name, yet this German lad should also be ahead of McGoldrick...

How do you get away with this constant posting of pure wum rubbish?

I think your coffee is too strong for a typical case of the mondays, mate.  ease it up with some cream and sugar maybe honey and cinnamon ,  your cups of coffee are really getting you

I never said he wasnt good enough i say great bring him (mcgoldrick) on , but there are also more options out there to bring on , I rate Daryl Murphy what's the problem with that?   and donnelly and cillian sheridan are still young and maybe are another young guns waiting to get the nod,

the more players to choose from the better

think about your matinal coffee mon frère ,  maybe better  you go to the stores and try out an herbal tea instead? , but  the ones that come in lil' bags, you know,   they are a bit more easy to understand !!  respect!

More gibberish from our Argentine/Swiss/Basque/French friend. It would take more than herbal tea to make your posts make sense. Your continued obsession with our B/C team players who most Irish people have never heard off makes me wonder how uninteresting the Argentine/French/Swiss teams must be for you to prefer to follow our country.
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 7:14pm

well dont know how cultured you are but Switzerland is a weird ountry, they are cantons divided and united for some economic reasons and the power of banks and corruption, the real name is helvetique confederation,  they have 4 official languages italian, french, german and a local idiom very much like the gaelic, so you can catch it

League 1 i catch it on saturdays on rojadirecta., nd Cillian Sheridan i watched him in the scottish league mostly and in a few game for the nat team, one vs argentina  i remember and i got impressed and a cameo of treacy kid as well

Again, In football everything is debatable, that's the beauty of it, and we can be fighting and debating for hours  and days without any concrete result, football is that!!! Is a chat at a coffe store, is a passion,   each of us has his booklet on his perfect game of many ways of playing the football plan,  a model that fits your taste in players,  strategies and tactics

Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 7:47pm
Again, In football everything is debatable, that's the beauty of it, and we can be fighting and debating for hours and days without any concrete result, football is that!!! Is a chat at a coffe store, is a passion,   each of us has his booklet on his perfect game of many ways of playing the football plan, a model that fits your taste in players, strategies and tactics

5 goals to go Robbie!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 7:58pm
Javier
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
IrwinClass View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrwinClass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 8:58pm

well dont know how cultured you are but Switzerland is a weird ountry, they are cantons divided and united for some economic reasons and the power of banks and corruption, the real name is helvetique confederation,  they have 4 official languages italian, french, german and a local idiom very much like the gaelic, so you can catch it

League 1 i catch it on saturdays on rojadirecta., nd Cillian Sheridan i watched him in the scottish league mostly and in a few game for the nat team, one vs argentina  i remember and i got impressed and a cameo of treacy kid as well

Again, In football everything is debatable, that's the beauty of it, and we can be fighting and debating for hours  and days without any concrete result, football is that!!! Is a chat at a coffe store, is a passion,   each of us has his booklet on his perfect game of many ways of playing the football plan,  a model that fits your taste in players,  strategies and tactics

Your fetish for trying to link everything to Ireland, a country you are not from, is bizarre. Romansh like French and Italian is a Romance language. All derived from Latin. More spoofing on your part.

League 1 is basically impossible to watch even if you wanted to. There are probably less than 10 games shown per season. Championship and Scottish games aren't much better with availability, maybe 1 per week. Basing your opinion on players you've watched play a few minutes several years ago. Why am I not surprised that two of the biggest Irish spoofers around this place are applauding your methods...

Edited by IrwinClass - 03 Feb 2014 at 8:59pm
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 9:06pm

Originally posted by IrwinClass IrwinClass wrote:

i would give a go to Daryl Murphy as well, they are the attacking dueto after all they are at the same level,  i like Daryl Murphy more before him  to give him a chance tbh, i mean there's noting wrong with this mcgoldrick fellow , but i would prefer to give chances to Daryl Murphy, Rory Donelly , Cillian Sheridan or any irish youngster before him, but of course it is better to extend the pool of players to choose from.   What about this irish  Boland playing in Germany?   There is also a maguire in Holland as well

Trapnoclue is banned 1000000 times yet this clown keeps getting away with posting his wum nonsense.

Murphy is 31 next month and has scored half the goals of McGoldrick playing in the same team yet should be ahead of him...

Donnelly has done nothing yet, hasn't declared, has played 123 mins of senior football in the last 2 years and is now on loan in league one, yet should be ahead of this lad...

Sheridan has scored 1 goal in 20 games in Cyprus and should be ahead of this lad...

You were already told in the other thread that Boland is also a German surname with nothing to do with the Irish name, yet this German lad should also be ahead of McGoldrick...

How do you get away with this constant posting of pure wum rubbish?

I think your coffee is too strong for a typical case of the mondays, mate.  ease it up with some cream and sugar maybe honey and cinnamon ,  your cups of coffee are really getting you

I never said he wasnt good enough i say great bring him (mcgoldrick) on , but there are also more options out there to bring on , I rate Daryl Murphy what's the problem with that?   and donnelly and cillian sheridan are still young and maybe are another young guns waiting to get the nod,

the more players to choose from the better

think about your matinal coffee mon frère ,  maybe better  you go to the stores and try out an herbal tea instead? , but  the ones that come in lil' bags, you know,   they are a bit more easy to understand !!  respect!

Some absolute Comedy Gold nuggets LOLLOLLOL Gas man Javi'Clap

Edited by Madferret - 03 Feb 2014 at 9:07pm
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 10:56pm
whats the point in international football if we take every waif and stray on. id get more satisfaction out of irish lad playing tbh. Or at least 2nd generation irish who's intention was always to play for ireland. These lads will never really make a difference to the overall quality of the squad anyway. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

whats the point in international football if we take every waif and stray on. id get more satisfaction out of irish lad playing tbh. Or at least 2nd generation irish who's intention was always to play for ireland. These lads will never really make a difference to the overall quality of the squad anyway. 

Bigger countries than ourselves do it all the time Citizen. With our small pool of players we simply can't afford not to follow this trend. Not saying that we can't field a team of basically home-grown talent somewhere down the line, but it would be far far down it. You know all this yourself sure.

Imv I'm quite touched about it when these lads show some genuine desire and enthusiasm to don the green. Look at Carruthers (is it?), he turned down how many other countries including England to declare for us. As long as this chap shows some sort of similar desire for it I'm happy to have a look at him at least.

Edited by Trapcandoit - 03 Feb 2014 at 11:42pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 12:07am
What are the options for the Républic up front anyway i dont see MON-Roy playing a rigid 4-4-2 a la catennaccio i see them playing out wide with a  3-4-1-2-  or  a 4-3-3 4-5-1 formation maybe a 4-3-2-1 with a solo striker. 

Robbie Keane long time goalscorer will be 34 this european summertime  mls activity, good presence and positive approach but tends to fade away from games, typical striker absent and then he scores

Shane Long just 27, at his prime, pacey and quick fast player a nuissance for rivals for his movements , able to score beautiful goals like the other day, but he is more of a forward like Rodrigo Palacio or Lvezzi type not a killing instict will never have that sense to nick a goal and goal poacher attitude. 

Jonny Walters: just 30 doesnt play as a main striker at his club football, even though,  for me at least , that is his best postiion he can shield the ball like Viduka and Higuain and play sense football, hard to break down his football morale, the guy is a fighter and a positive character for the squad a leader, that came like Aldo from amateur football to put his name into the top pro  football,

Kevin Doyle  30 now he came back from the end of pro football into the real picture again, he was linked to Arsenal, Celtic  and Juventus in the past  he didnt  take the bus, and then he was to faithful to his actual team, and that mistake almost took his football away.  Bck into the frame and eager

Anthony Stokes 25 the present and future for the nat team, but he likes to move around from the center to the flanks like Long, and i really think he showed commitment and talent the few game he played after Trap was gone,  dont know if he will play as a striker or over the flanks .

Simon Cox: almost 27: he was played out of position by trap a hard working striker and a true fighter, got his goalscoring sense back again and he is regaining form.

Brendan Best 27  Tall big and strong is like playing paul Mc Grath up front, got like 2 years out due to injuries and got transferred from Newcastle to Rovers, and it seems that can be purchased by Pulis, he can be the #9 type of guy to link up to the flanks if he regains match fitness and game time.

Daryl Murphy almost 31  tall strong and with a good left foot, can be an option he is not worst than the rest and can operate on the flanks as well. 

Connor Sammon 27 he is a current sub at his club,  he is a target man a la Cascarino, a bit pacey for a tall man, but dont know if he is up to the task. 

Ruaridhri Donnelly almost 22 he is rated by Laudrup he seems to be the best young forward born in Ireland so far, if he declares could be a major coup for the Republic, he has flair and talent.
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Bigger countries than ourselves do it all the time Citizen. With our small pool of players we simply can't afford not to follow this trend. Not saying that we can't field a team of basically home-grown talent somewhere down the line, but it would be far far down it. You know all this yourself sure.

Imv I'm quite touched about it when these lads show some genuine desire and enthusiasm to don the green. Look at Carruthers (is it?), he turned down how many other countries including England to declare for us. As long as this chap shows some sort of similar desire for it I'm happy to have a look at him at least.

Agreed. It's funny coz during the Charlton & McCarthy era's it used to cheese me off all these johnny "foreigners" coming over here every couple of months, taking places on the International Team and then fcuking off back to engerland or wherever, and being none the wiser about Ireland and "Irishness". Whatever that means.
I don't see it that way now though. Those of us lucky/unlucky enough to be left here on the oul sod have to accept that emigration is an enormously significant feature of our history. I don't think some of those who never went away fully appreciate the draw that Ireland still is to our emigrants and their descendants. We shouldn't reject these people for wanting to feel a part of Ireland, we should embrace them even more so as our own.
Now,where's me Shillelagh...
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 2:07am
Brendan Best Javier you just get better by the post LOLLOL.

Edited by irelandfan - 04 Feb 2014 at 2:07am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 7:28am
who the feck is brendan best LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 7:47am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

He is young Hiberno-Argentine striker with red hair and freckles. He plays like a Batistuta or Gary Doherty. A number 9, a target man who plays football that tastes nice, like a passionate coffee. El pibo rossa, how he is described by ESPN ARgentina, is top goalscorer, a matador.
Is Ruariridh Donnelly related to Rory? 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

He is young Hiberno-Argentine striker with red hair and freckles. He plays like a Batistuta or Gary Doherty. A number 9, a target man who plays football that tastes nice, like a passionate coffee. El pibo rossa, how he is described by ESPN ARgentina, is top goalscorer, a matador.

thanks javier LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 7:53am

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

thanks javier LOL
Any f**king time. I am just waiting for Simon Cox to be compared to Kempes. 8/1 with Patricio Power
gwhite View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 8:07am
Lads I hope David McGoldrick isn't reading any of this. He'll run a fcukin mile... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>
  Share Topic