You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

drogs away first day of the season, cant wait for that

pats and sligo both away twice again this season

Just saw that, thought it swapped every season?
We're up there the exact same Friday as this year hope you have a cover on the terrace for us Wink
I'm actually going to miss that trip next season
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Sponsored Links

Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:11pm
Away to shamrock - you wee beauty !!
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Away to shamrock - you wee beauty !!

Yep should be fun. I'd imagine Roddy will receive a nice welcome Big smile
This time next year........
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:54pm
Season tickets cover Rovers First Div homers which will be mostly played on Sundays I hear . C"mon the Hoops .....
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 3:22pm
I'd expect us to bring a sizeable troop down to wherever shamrock play these days
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 4:09pm
Thats the spirit .
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

We're up there the exact same Friday as this year hope you have a cover on the terrace for us Wink

Nah think its 2 season cycles, so last season was the second season and then start from fresh again this year with next year being a reverse of this season if that makes any sense

Yeah I noticed straight away with the game on the summer break

No chance of a roof, sure we are breaking the rules by spending money on players instead of facilities!!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 5:41pm

Nah think its 2 season cycles, so last season was the second season and then start from fresh again this year with next year being a reverse of this season if that makes any sense

No chance of a roof, sure we are breaking the rules by spending money on players instead of facilities!!

Cheers dude, that makes sense. I was given it the whole WTF there for a while cause we have Derry, Shamrock and Bohs twice away again this season.

starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 8:40pm

Seems a bit odd tbh, should just be reversed again this year
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Don't think that would be fair if they didn't change in every two years, you could end up having the top teams away twice every second year with no chance of it changing

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 12:03pm

Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Don't think that would be fair if they didn't change in every two years, you could end up having the top teams away twice every second year with no chance of it changing

Likewise then every second year you could have the top teams all at home twice Confused.

Seems to me a fairer way than for two concescutive years having the same advantage/disadvantage
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 12:20pm
Looking forward to Athlone. It was a great away trip when Cork were in the first division. You can walk to the stadium from town too.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 12:57pm
Handy that , food"n booze and a meander to the ground
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 1:24pm
i see that limerick and athlone are down as playing home matches on a friday. is this the case. was hoping for a saturday for them
cup champions
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 1:48pm
Dublin are playing Kildare on the opening weekend.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

i see that limerick and athlone are down as playing home matches on a friday. is this the case. was hoping for a saturday for them

I think we played every day of the week last season except Thursday.  So although down for friday nights it could be any night due to rugby getting priority in Thomond Park. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 2:46pm
Got to say I love Roddy's attitude, refreshing to hear a manager speak with confidence rather than the usual cliche patter.

Don’t settle for second best!

Published: 27 December 2013

Picture credit: Brian Lawless / SPORTSFILE

BRANDYWELL boss, Roddy Collins, has made an appeal to everyone associated with Derry City Football Club asking them: “Not to settle for second best!”

And having spent quite a few hours over Christmas watching matches from last season on DVD, Collins insisted that the talent currently employed at the Brandywell must be the envy of so many of the other top clubs.

The Dubliner has continued to speak with potential recruits and with so many players having given him the ‘thumbs up,’ he believes the future was bright, just like Christmas “it’s red and white!” he laughed.

Having spoken regularly to former Sligo Rovers boss, Paul Cook, who now holds the managerial reins at League Two side, Chesterfield, Collins was given a real boost.

“It’s just that the players andmanagers I’ve spoken to remain upbeat when I mention Derry City,” he said.

“I think people realise that the club plays football the way it should be played and having then watched so many DVD’s of matches from last season, I have to admit, it’s really has given me a great buzz.”

“I’ve continued to speak to players and while I’ve openly said that we don’t need too many new faces, a few experienced heads in the right areas would be excellent,” he added.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas period and I honestly can’t wait to get started in pre-season.

“I will have a few players over to have a good look at them and I always want to run my eyes over our own players on the training ground.”

While acknowledging the fact that the nucleus of a decent team was in place before he arrived, he asked his players and, indeed, supporters not to settle for second best any longer.

“Let’s us make a New Year’s Resolution that we’re not going to settle for second best,” declared the Dubliner.

“I think it’s vitally important that players believe in themselves as the squad that’s in place in my view, will challenge at the business end of the table.

“I’m not going to make any predictions at this stage, but if I can get three, four or even five experienced players, then I do believe this club will become a force.”

And he dismissed suggestions that a top four finish would prove to be acceptable in his first year in charge on Foyleside.

“Shamrock Rovers have flattered to deceived over recents. They’ve now got a second team in the First Division which is absolutely amazing,” he remarked. “St. Pat’s have added Mark Quigley. I don’t fancy him while Keith Fahy has returned and he hasn’t played in over a year, so that’s interesting. “I think Cork City, under a new manager, will face a period of transition as will Drogheda while Sligo have been forced into cuts in their budget.

“Dundalk were the surprise packages from last season and every other team will be fully aware of their credentials this season, so really what have Derry City got to fear?” he asked. “The majority of last year’s squad remains in place and the younger players are now another year more experienced. That can’t be bad.

“I will be asking the players to arrive for work with a smile on their face. Enjoy their training and give me 100 per cent on the pitch. That’s all I can ask of them, do that and I’ll worry about the results,” he continued. “I don’t believe any team will run away with the league title, it will be won over the final six games of the season so the key is, obviously, to remain within touching distance.

“I promise that I will give 100 per cent and I can assure the players that if they remain loyal and do as I ask then we will all improve.”
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Dublin are playing Kildare on the opening weekend.
I'm sure some glorified bogball friendly was the reason Athlone and Limerick changed their games...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic