You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 328>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

People outside the court carrying babies screaming abuse, absolute weirdos. 
Sure " it's a tight knit community"... not sure such a place actually exists
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 7:18am
He was only charged at 745 and up in court at 815. That’s a big crowd to gather in short space of time. Obviously a leak
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Hope the f**ker rots in hell and someone kills him inside 
I hope he spends 20 years in prison, gets huge help, counselling and support, and is released in his 50s able to positively contribute to society. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:41am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

He was only charged at 745 and up in court at 815. That’s a big crowd to gather in short space of time. Obviously a leak

Time was up he was either going to be released or charged at that time. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It was also on some news sites that a man would appear in court ‘this evening’ and that was some hours in advance. That could of course be a Garda tipping a journalist or two off.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It was also on some news sites that a man would appear in court ‘this evening’ and that was some hours in advance. That could of course be a Garda tipping a journalist or two off.

But logic would say he was either going to be in court or released so either way it wouldn’t take Einstein to figure out that there would be a crowd there yesterday.  The family were in the court also holding photos of their daughter.  It doesn’t require a tip off as he could only be held until about 7 o clock yesterday so there was always going to be some opportunity to roar abuse at some stage yesterday evening.  
AKA pedantic kunt
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 9:37am
Watch yourself. 

Edited by nvidic - 20 Jan 2022 at 3:27pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:37am
****WARNING ***WARNING ***WARNING

This is now an active case so be careful what is posted. 
Don't be posting opinions, theories or speculation on the suspect or the case. Stick to facts.  
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Off the top of my head, I just can’t remember. In many cases they were shared on websites like these, and were often the scribes off policy and political wonks and enthusiasts. Many of them took time over their work and had citations, footnotes, links etc. The comments section was open forum. In reality, the issues were more esoteric and often involved modelling for political outcomes, or very unifying considerations for political outcomes. 

Basically, the only way the blog could be respected is if it was interesting, trustworthy, and above all, factual. Sadly, that has all gone out the window, especially as previously discredited styles of debate are in fashion, fact is replaced by narrative, and above all shouting louder and on a more repetitive basis is likely to get somebody heard.

So these blogs were so revolutionary, you can't even remember one?

These 'blogs' were not resourced and not able to gather,  edit and fact check news. That's what our media does. You are right about the noise,  and that's enhanced by the loons on the left and right who have polarised debate. Both every bit as bad as each other. 

Invariably, the media become a a target because every only sees one side on am argument 

Not revolutionary, but I thought it would raise the standard of media generally. As a result of not being able to fact check, in those days blogs had to rely on being as factual and high quality as possible. But the road ended for blogs around 2009/2010 and it was supplanted by “social media” and “independent media” which cares not for facts or editing, but pushing a narrative.

My point really is that there was once a chance for non MSM to do a service to the overall market-place of ideas and work in conjunction with it. Instead, the clowns of social media and independent media have risen to the top, and have declared war on the MSM, which to your point, remains the most valid and trustworthy source of media.

These 'blog's could not fact check so had to rely on being factual? That's a contradiction. 

Give me an example of independent media?
I know you're far better placed to correct me on this, but I subscribe to The Currency and The Athletic for long read articles. I consider them independent (at least until WSJ bought Athletic last week). What's the word in the industry on those? Are they all influenced by someone up top?

'Independent media' is open to interpretation. To say a media outlet is not independent suggests they are controlled by Government/commercial. 
All the big stories you read are via MSM.  
I can see why people consider the likes of The Currency as being a more independent platform. Same business model as the rest though - selling subscriptions
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 11:59am
Baffled by the amount of people outside the court last night who had their phones out filming. My immediate reaction when angry at someone is not to take out my phone and film it, don't know about anyone else? 

Are they going to put the videos up on their insta or tiktok now just to prove they were there? Will they look back when it pops up on their memories this time next year at the night they shouted at a lad charged with murder?

Odd
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Baffled by the amount of people outside the court last night who had their phones out filming. My immediate reaction when angry at someone is not to take out my phone and film it, don't know about anyone else? 

Are they going to put the videos up on their insta or tiktok now just to prove they were there? Will they look back when it pops up on their memories this time next year at the night they shouted at a lad charged with murder?

Odd
I remember that day this happened and there were two ladies across the river who saw what was happening and had to run to a near by house to rasie the alarm as " neither of them had a phone " . Now that struck me as weird in todays world .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 12:16pm
Phones aside it's not the first time a crowd gathered outside a court to shout abuse or throw something. The level of anger in and around Tullamore is palpable after a horrendous crime. The fact that he's an 'outsider' adds to this.  
Listen if people are prepared to film someone in a crashed car it's not a shock that they are filming a scumbag outside a courthouse.
There were plenty of people there last night that would have attacked that lad given the opportunity. Others were there to get a look at him or film it. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Odd
I remember that day this happened and there were two ladies across the river who saw what was happening and had to run to a near by house to rasie the alarm as " neither of them had a phone " . Now that struck me as weird in todays world .

I don't think it would be that unusual to be without your phone if you were just out for a walk or a run.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 1:14pm
An event like this is very rare. Don't you know that there are likes to be had?! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 3:15pm
Is this guy going to get a fair trial? What happens if its decided it isn't possible? 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Is this guy going to get a fair trial? What happens if its decided it isn't possible? 

Not 100% sure but in that case I think we revert to Brehon Law.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Not 100% sure but in that case I think we revert to Brehon Law.
ha using brehon law would result in a fine called an eric. Don't think that would go down well in Tullamore.

In reality I presume the special criminal court will be used in this case. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 5:42pm
What was wrong with what I said nvidic?

All facts bar the last bit where I stated he could be Roma which I said was speculation but i'd be fairly sure he is!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 328>
  Share Topic