You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 325>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 1:38am
I don’t feel ashamed for having an opinion that ‘maybe’ there is a disproportionate amount of violent crime committed by foreigners compared to their overall population in the total based on recent crimes reported in media. Can anyone prove that wrong?

The murder is shocking and i feel so bad for the family and tullamore. Whoever did the crime I hope he gets the absolute sh*t beat out of him when he gets to prison. I apologise in advance for jumping to the conclusion it was a man perpetrator and not leaving door open that it may have been a woman for all YBIG PC police.

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Jan 2022 at 1:43am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 6:14am
You made that point though, so surely the onus is on you to prove your statement right?

Sickening to think that murderer is still out there. 

As for the bail debate on previous pages; being granted bail when you're arrested for violent offences would be laughable if it wasn't so serious. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 7:11am
Released !!!!

Was he not hanged, drawn and quartered by the YBIG Court yesterday for being a non-National ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Released !!!!

Was he not hanged, drawn and quartered by the YBIG Court yesterday for being a non-National ?

Not by me. I constantly said it 'appears' and it 'looks like' while making points and sticking up for my view that people have just sh*t on, which they entitled to, but also haven't provided any evidence that my point of view is wrong. So i will leave it there on that whole argument.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:14am
Andy you need to provide evidence to prove you are right not the opposite 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:17am
Crazy that the guards appeared so sure they had their man and they released him and eliminated him. 

Maybe he was identified by the witnesses but they probably in shock and made a mistake. 
Killer at large is now the big worry!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I clearly said serial offenders followed by an example of a burglar....Im not suggesting it for a single previous offence or in the case less serious offences not against a person/s. The wording in your first sentence is disingenuous to my point.

I propose those in the position to do so make it happen, ie the legislators. They can and have come up with laws very quickly when it suits, the issue around the very serious constitutional challenge (right to a defence ) in sexual offences against a minor some years back being an example. 

The use of innocent until proven guilty is great, but in the case of either very serious, or serial offenders, its wearing thin with the very public these laws are supposedly meant to protect. If theres enough evidence to charge these people, bearing in mind the DPP only charge where the evidential threshold is reached, then they should be remanded without prejudice until trial. Thats the case for those unlucky enough to be refused bail.

Sorry, I should have said 'repeatedly convicted'. But even at that I think that there may be constitutional issues with laws that might be created in limiting bail in that regard. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about legislature stepping into the shoes of the public to appease what is a populist sentiment. Government's tend to run with a "law and order" mantra, and in countries where law is an issue of the populist whim, the results are bad (America being a prime example, where at levels Judges are elected).

I suppose the question is what about the people who are ultimately vindicated in court, and released? Inherently, is there a right to take away somebody's right to liberty as they await trial. That is not to say there are not people who commit crimes while on bail. There is no question that the decision to grant bail was wrong. But by comparison, the vast majority await bail, and turn up for trial. Enough evidence to proceed with prosecution is a world of difference to sufficient evidence to convict.  
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 9:32am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

#BREAKING

Man arrested by Gardaí investigating killing of Ashling Murphy has been released without charge - "he has been eliminated from Garda enquiries and is no longer a suspect

Whoops I see fingers has posted

This is a twist. Seemed open and shut.
When I heard yesterday on 1pm news that 50 detectives have been assigned to case that this wasn’t a done deal. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:13am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Crazy that the guards appeared so sure they had their man and they released him and eliminated him. 

Maybe he was identified by the witnesses but they probably in shock and made a mistake. 

Few reports saying he was first on the scene to assist her and that's why they were so certain it was him. 

Brutal situation just getting a whole lot worse - the killer has had nearly 48 hours to flee at this point which is obviously very worrying.
Here we go again
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:50am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Few reports saying he was first on the scene to assist her and that's why they were so certain it was him. 

Brutal situation just getting a whole lot worse - the killer has had nearly 48 hours to flee at this point which is obviously very worrying.
i read this morning on belfastlive that he was "within walking distance" of her around the time of the incident. given his previous interactions with the gardai its easy to see how they put 2 and 2 together to f**k up. the times reported the gardai were full sure he did it even contemplating charging him and having up in front of a judge this morning only for the the dna results coming back to rule him out. 

if this was in the 80s an innocent man would have been charged with this crime (i'm aware he's no angel but that's beyond the point) and be remanded in custody this morning with the real killer still on the loose. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 14 Jan 2022 at 10:55am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MustangSally22 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MustangSally22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:10am
First time poster... long term lurker!! Smile Young (ish) female football fanatic and I really just felt compelled to comment on this particular topic! There’s been some questionable conversations in the past on this forum regarding women that have deterred me from posting. Users posting pictures of potential dates and voting on who should have their back doors smashed in, who’s a ditch pig, if someone’s lips mean they’ll give good blow jobs, rusty sheriffs badges etc etc.. At times I’ve found the comments stomach churning and degrading. However, I’m not naïve enough to think that women don’t objectify men. I’ve been at hen parties where male bystanders have had their personal space invaded, their privates groped and mauled. Now some of those men may have actually enjoyed the experience!! but it still doesn’t make it right. Similarly we had an older lady who worked in our office who preyed on the younger men and she would literally find any excuse to touch them or initiate some form of contact and the gents in question were clearly uncomfortable and commented regularly on her inappropriate behaviour. Having said all that unfortunately the statistics clearly demonstrate that its not women repeatedly killing men in this country – it’s the opposite. Can anyone tell me of a case where a man went running in broad daylight, in an area named after another man who went missing many moons beforehand in a similar incident? No. I think its time that we ALL need to understand and realise that there is a connection between these minor acts of misogyny – comments, jokes, banter – and acts of violence. These acts contribute to a culture which dehumanises women and ultimately leads to us to be seen as objects. If anything else this senseless murder has thought me, is that I need to spend more time educating my Son about respect and attitudes and not just to focus on teaching my daughters about safe times and areas to walk in or mechanisms to deal with unwanted attention. It really doesn’t matter what nationality or ethnic background the perpetrator is from. Does that make a difference to the Murphy family? No it certainly does not. Ultimately, another women has lost her life prematurely. 

MustangSally22 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangSally22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:13am
Apologies for the incredibly long winded first post, as I mentioned I just felt the conversation needed a female perspective Thumbs Up

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by MustangSally22 MustangSally22 wrote:

First time poster... long term lurker!! Smile Young (ish) female football fanatic and I really just felt compelled to comment on this particular topic! <span style="font-size:11.0pt;line-height:107%; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-:EN-GB;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">There’s
been some questionable conversations in the past on this forum regarding women
that have deterred me from posting. Users posting pictures of potential dates
and voting on who should have their back doors smashed in, who’s a ditch pig,
if someone’s lips mean they’ll give good blow jobs, rusty sheriffs badges etc
etc.. At times I’ve found the comments stomach churning and degrading. </span><span style="font-size:11.0pt;line-height:107%; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-:EN-GB;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">However,
I’m not naïve enough to think that women don’t objectify men. I’ve been at hen
parties where male bystanders have had their personal space invaded, their
privates groped and mauled. Now some of those men may have actually enjoyed the
experience!! but it still doesn’t make it right. Similarly we had an older lady
who worked in our office who preyed on the younger men and she would literally find
any excuse to touch them or initiate some form of contact and the gents in
question were clearly uncomfortable and commented regularly on her inappropriate
behaviour. </span>Having said all that unfortunately the statistics clearly demonstrate
that its not women repeatedly killing men in this country – it’s the opposite.
Can anyone tell me of a case where a man went running in broad daylight, in an
area named after another man who went missing many moons beforehand in a
similar incident? No. I think its time that we ALL need to understand and realise
that there is a connection between these minor acts of misogyny – comments,
jokes, banter – and acts of violence. These acts contribute to a culture which dehumanises
women and ultimately leads to us to be seen as objects. If anything else this senseless murder has thought me, is
that I need to spend more time educating my Son about respect and attitudes and
not just to focus on teaching my daughters about safe times and areas to walk in
or mechanisms to deal with unwanted attention. <span style="font-size:11.0pt;line-height:107%; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-:EN-GB;mso-fareast-:EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">It
really doesn’t matter what nationality or ethnic background the perpetrator is
from. Does that make a difference to the Murphy family? No it certainly
does not. Ultimately, another women has lost her life prematurely. </span><p ="Msonormal"><o:p></o:p>

<p ="Msonormal"><o:p></o:p>

<p ="Msonormal"><o:p></o:p>

Well said, and welcome to the forum
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:09pm
Completely agree MustangSally, good post and well said.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:17pm
When I was younger I was talking to an older man who I respected, and still do, about being physically assaulted by a girl, how demeaning it was to stand there and let her hit me repeatedly, to the point where I had to get staples in my head. Take into account this was a formal situation in a cafe. Not a social situation.

He s*****red.

Now I understand if my making jocular comments about the female form precludes me from having an opinion about things like this - and that's fair enough! - but I think that goes to show the attitude some guys have about being physically or sexually assaulted by women.

I wasn't a confident lad when I was younger at all and I've had women grope my testicles, arse, and one who literally jumped on my lap out of nowhere and started kissing me. I've even had a much older female relative squeeze my arse at my cousin's wedding! I even remember the first time I had a woman invade my personal space when I was a small child traveling on a bus. I've blocked most of it out but she sat beside me, kept scooching closer to me as I tried to squirm away, and groped me and squeezed me repeatedly. And to all the lads for whom being groped by a woman sounds like the dream, this last woman was elderly, morbidly obese, and smelled bad.

Just thought I'd share some of my experiences and why I roll my eyes at some of the stuff being trotted out in the media these days.

And before anyone jumps at me, yes I do think men need to do better, but the issue isn't as linear as some people portray it to be.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:30pm
Jaysus, you’ve had a tough run HH, battered by cops, repeatedly groped and kissed by women and even molested as a kid by a relative, thats before the crashes you were involved in. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:45pm

Apologies for the incredibly long winded first post, as I mentioned I just felt the conversation needed a female perspective Thumbs Up

No need to say sorry.  Great post.. the whole forum needs more female perspectves. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:55pm

It definitely did Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 238239240241242 325>
  Share Topic