You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 328>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

As Homer said to Ned  

WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP!

How can you classify the two lads as the same. Whether you agree with him or not PM adds to the forum with humour and intelligent posts. I don’t really see what trig adds just childish digs and thinks he has won by attempting to wind someone up. Think PM has dealt with it pretty well to be fair. 
Heart
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 11:16am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That sounds interesting, is there a link?

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 11:20am
That's great, thanks.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 11:58am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Good man Hunty. I've been meaning to find that. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

You can download: 'Superior: The Return of Race Science' for free on Kindle over here today. I'm not sure if it is the same in Ireland, but the reviews are very good.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 3:16pm

You can download: 'Superior: The Return of Race Science' for free on Kindle over here today. I'm not sure if it is the same in Ireland, but the reviews are very good.

Thanks for that - downloaded it there for free in Ireland
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 3:33pm
That's good, wasn't sure if you could or not.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 3:52pm

I really enjoyed Natives by Akala so cheers for that recommendation a while back 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 4:15pm

I really enjoyed Natives by Akala so cheers for that recommendation a while back 
Yeah, he is great. I'm not committing full-time to homosexuality or anything, but if he wanted to give it a go I think I would be too. I have a feeling that he may have better offers though.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:55am
Anybody see Sil Fox (veteran irish comedian) on Claire Byrne last night? A broken man. 

At 87 he was dragged through the courts on a false sexual assault charge. They took one look at the CCTV evidence and he was acquitted.

Makes me sick. Some opportune woman who had only a short while ago posed for a selfie with him, decided to try her arm.

Absolute disgraceful carry on and the fact it actually made the court? Did the DPP not view the footage and dismiss? ffs. Angry

Comedian Sylvester "Sil" Fox has been cleared of sexually assaulting a woman in a pub in Dublin city centre.

The 87-year-old, with an address at Wellington Lawn, Templeogue, had pleaded not guilty to the charge after he agreed to have a selfie photo taken with the woman on 17 December 2018.

The case was dismissed today by Judge Paula Murphy because of inconsistencies between the complainant's evidence and CCTV footage shown during the non-jury trial at Dublin District Court.

After the ruling was delivered, Mr Fox gave a statement to reporters on the steps of the court.

The comedian, who was brought to court by his son Cyril, told reporters he has been through "months of hell."

He said: "My health, physically and mentally, has deteriorated and I have endured countless nights with little or no sleep."

"I am delighted that I have been completely exonerated of all charges by the court today.

"This case should never have been taken. Nothing untoward or inappropriate ever happened. As the CCTV footage make crystal clear I was asked to participate in the selfie photo, which I did, and I walked away five second later.

"And I strongly believe the DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions) has some serious questions to answer as to why they took this case."

All of his shows were cancelled because of the case but he is now looking forward to getting back to work, Mr Fox added.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:12am
Surely the DPP could have looked at the video and saved everyone the hassle? If it is clear that she is just changing it, can she not be done for the waste of time and emotional damage to him ?

In saying that, I never heard of this fella at all but decided to throw on a video of his 'comedy'...I feel he should have other cases to answer.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:16am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Anybody see Sil Fox (veteran irish comedian) on Claire Byrne last night? A broken man. 

At 87 he was dragged through the courts on a false sexual assault charge. They took one look at the CCTV evidence and he was acquitted.

Makes me sick. Some opportune woman who had only a short while ago posed for a selfie with him, decided to try her arm.

Absolute disgraceful carry on and the fact it actually made the court? Did the DPP not view the footage and dismiss? ffs. Angry

Comedian Sylvester "Sil" Fox has been cleared of sexually assaulting a woman in a pub in Dublin city centre.

The 87-year-old, with an address at Wellington Lawn, Templeogue, had pleaded not guilty to the charge after he agreed to have a selfie photo taken with the woman on 17 December 2018.

The case was dismissed today by Judge Paula Murphy because of inconsistencies between the complainant's evidence and CCTV footage shown during the non-jury trial at Dublin District Court.

After the ruling was delivered, Mr Fox gave a statement to reporters on the steps of the court.

The comedian, who was brought to court by his son Cyril, told reporters he has been through "months of hell."

He said: "My health, physically and mentally, has deteriorated and I have endured countless nights with little or no sleep."

"I am delighted that I have been completely exonerated of all charges by the court today.

"This case should never have been taken. Nothing untoward or inappropriate ever happened. As the CCTV footage make crystal clear I was asked to participate in the selfie photo, which I did, and I walked away five second later.

"And I strongly believe the DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions) has some serious questions to answer as to why they took this case."

All of his shows were cancelled because of the case but he is now looking forward to getting back to work, Mr Fox added.

He use to be always on the funny Friday liveline maybe once every 4-5 weeks so that explains why he was gone from there. Poor man had an awful ordeal 

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 09 Jun 2020 at 9:17am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:06am
Was on Liveline about 2 weeks ago talking about. Disgusting allegation. He sounded like a broken man
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:54am

Yeah, he is great. I'm not committing full-time to homosexuality or anything, but if he wanted to give it a go I think I would be too. I have a feeling that he may have better offers though.

That's a defeatist attitude. At least make an attempt to woo him. Fortune favors the brave. 
I used to be a bit gay for Paolo Maldini but Pep has replaced him in my affections. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 10:56am

I saw Sil Fox at a boozy lunch a couple of years ago and he was pretty funny. He's a proper wizened little aul lad and he might not be especially PC given the era he grew up in. He got plenty of laughs on the day and was the best of the comedians on show. 
El Puto Amo
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 11:11am
I enjoy him. Great man for a punchline. Old school for sure but a funny man.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 12:35pm

Surely the DPP could have looked at the video and saved everyone the hassle? If it is clear that she is just changing it, can she not be done for the waste of time and emotional damage to him ?
SAw the interview and that was my first thought too, surely the DPP should have just seen the video and said forget about it.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Twitter is an absolute sess pit at the moment. Re the cork stabbing, was there a racial motive or was this just a case of scrotes being scrotes, sake as you would unfortunately see else where (and we have)?
There are many thousands of people in Ireland, and outside actors, who are only dying to start a race war in this country. 

We should never, ever think we are immune from the far right insanity going on elsewhere - we've alredy had a taste of it ourselves, with that **** Peter Casey and scumbags like Mattie McGrath and Verona Murphy, as well as the far-right media scumbags like you know who. There is massive open racism towards Travellers in this country, and plenty of open and much more less open racism towards other ethnic minorities. Our media shows zero sign of learning from the mistakes made in other countries.

Not everybody online is a far right knuckledragger. 

Every far right knuckledragger is online.

Ireland Reddit page shutting overnight as moderators try to 'stem the flow' of extreme racist content

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ireland-reddit-page-shutting-overnight-as-moderators-try-to-stem-the-flow-of-extreme-racist-content-39271777.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 328>
  Share Topic