You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 328>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:35pm
Absolutely horrific. Whatever happened its an unreal tragedy and sadly not the first time nor the last.

Hope your ok Franko
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:41pm
Feel physically sick. My wife had to go to her mams, she’s in bits. My 8 year old daughter knew the eldest. Hardest part now is trying to act normal in front of my kids. This is a tiny estate. Devastated.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:48pm
Cant even begin to imagine. Theres only so much normal that can be done when itll be all over the tv and papers etc etc never mind blue lights everywhere on the road. Nobody should have to deal with this.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:49pm
jesus just read it on rte.. Absolutely horrific, hard to put into words.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Feel physically sick. My wife had to go to her mams, she’s in bits. My 8 year old daughter knew the eldest. Hardest part now is trying to act normal in front of my kids. This is a tiny estate. Devastated.
Jesus man, horrendous. Look after yourself and your nearest and dearest. RIP.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:58pm
Horrific....RIP
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:14pm

Jesus just seen this now, feel sick to my stomach.

Hope you’re ok man, not easy to get your head round something like this. Makes you cherish your loved ones more.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:18pm
Sounds horrific
Terrible few weeks for the country 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:43pm

Thoughts are with you and the whole neighbourhood Franko Heart

Edited by Green Devil - 24 Jan 2020 at 10:43pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 10:06am
shocking really. That poor woman what torment was she going through? I thought the days of people hiding their feelings and mental state were gone but I guess not, I do wonder if the all seeing eye of social media is causing people to cover up and act out a perfect life is pushing vulnerable folk over the edge.
Look after yourself and your family franko , thoughts very much with you and your neighbours
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 12:36pm
Thanks lads. Still trying to get my head around this. My two eldest know now. Really difficult for them. Popped out of the house for a minute to go the shops and I’d journalists over straight away asking questions. Tons of photographers were at the entrance to the estate. This place will never be the same again.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 1:54pm
Horrendous story. Don't know what you'd do if you were the dad, life turned upside down in a few minutes
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 12:05pm
 https://www.thejournal.ie/fgm-trial-sentencing-ireland-4975318-Jan2020/

So the first conviction of this type in the state for FGM and the judge, who has the opportunity to set a precedent and send out a strong message, decides to sentence both to less than half the maximum open to her. I know the lawyer lads will possibly respond  that the judge factored in any mitigating evidence, took her time to consider sentence etc etc and deemed the sentence handed down as the appropriate one.

I however, am at a loss to see or understand how there are any mitigating circumstances that could possibly justify the parents arranging (or indeed performing where relevant) this type of assault on a baby, leaving her requiring surgery to stem the flow of blood. All I can say is thank god it wasn’t Judge Martin Nolan and I’m not highlighting a suspended..

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 5:01am
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/decision-not-to-charge-teens-over-waterford-acid-attack-upheld-1.4156858

Not sure what age the person is (I'm assuming they're classed as a juvenile) who threw the acid but surely deserves more than a caution.

Edited by The Huntacha - 02 Feb 2020 at 5:02am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

So the first conviction of this type in the state for FGM and the judge, who has the opportunity to set a precedent and send out a strong message, decides to sentence both to less than half the maximum open to her. I know the lawyer lads will possibly respond  that the judge factored in any mitigating evidence, took her time to consider sentence etc etc and deemed the sentence handed down as the appropriate one.

I however, am at a loss to see or understand how there are any mitigating circumstances that could possibly justify the parents arranging (or indeed performing where relevant) this type of assault on a baby, leaving her requiring surgery to stem the flow of blood. All I can say is thank god it wasn’t Judge Martin Nolan and I’m not highlighting a suspended..

Broadsheet.ie have a thing about Martin Nolan. It's called the Judge of the day,every now and then they put up his sentences. 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 9:47am

Thanks lads. Still trying to get my head around this. My two eldest know now. Really difficult for them. Popped out of the house for a minute to go the shops and I’d journalists over straight away asking questions. Tons of photographers were at the entrance to the estate. This place will never be the same again.

Such a small little place aswell! Would you know Eddie and Goz from the Gondola?

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 02 Feb 2020 at 9:47am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

When i saw the parents on RTE a few weeks back, only thing I was thinking was the accused’s parents must have some swing in the area because i know if I was 17 and did that kind of damage to another person I’d end up in a prison.

On Martin Nolan, been seeing a bit online about his sentencing and there is a petition. Letting peodos off on suspended sentences like the Guerin brother but then sending someone to prison for 6 years for avoiding tax
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:30pm
Did he see yer man on the news that got a suspended sentence for rape and upon appeal was given 15 months, ah here like. Why would you even bother reporting it to the Gardai?

Edited by Jackal - 06 Feb 2020 at 9:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 328>
  Share Topic