You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 325>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:40pm
The other punter did a great George Costanza impression LOL. I'm with PM, the old guy is crazy.Not sure how he got to 85 if he makes a habit of doing things as stupid as this.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:25am
Well, maybe the fact he's 85 had something to do with it. Like, if you're 25 and they shoot you, they've taken 60 years off your life. If you're 85 and they shoot you, it's only a handful.

I'm not saying he had that thought process, but there's no doubt there was a healthy element of "f**k you lads, I'm not taking this sh*t off kids".
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 2:46pm
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 2:50pm
Cocaine's a hell of a drug.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
He's 23 LOL

Looks about 45

Edited by bhob - 27 Sep 2018 at 3:00pm
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:01pm
Dubs Thumbs Down
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Dubs Thumbs Down

Wexford actually 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Dubs Thumbs Down

Wexford actually 
Same thing.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:28pm

This is the problem with cheaper air travel these days. 
El Puto Amo
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:11pm
Uniform is the same, grey track suit bottoms and hoody. Doesn't matter where they hail from!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:19pm
Doesn't have a job. You'd wonder why the social isn't looking in to people like this. Where is he getting the money from in order to afford a trip to Amsterdam, which isn't by any means a cheap city.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:27pm
Aren't you allowed to have personal savings when you're on the dole? Genuine question too. I assume you are, which means they would be wasting more money by investigating this then he would be receiving.
It was this idea that helped f**k the welfare system over here, of spending millions looking for some lad trying to get an extra few quid off the social. Meanwhile, billionaires are avoiding, evading, ducking and diving tax by every which way possible and the government 'didn't have the resources ' to chase it.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Aren't you allowed to have personal savings when you're on the dole? Genuine question too. I assume you are, which means they would be wasting more money by investigating this then he would be receiving.
It was this idea that helped f**k the welfare system over here, of spending millions looking for some lad trying to get an extra few quid off the social. Meanwhile, billionaires are avoiding, evading, ducking and diving tax by every which way possible and the government 'didn't have the resources ' to chase it.

I'd assume you are allowed save whatever you want while on the dole, but having been on it before it's pretty much impossible, let alone book a trip to Amsterdam.

I also agree with your sentiment regarding the rich tax avoiders etc. Nothing is ever done about either in this country to be fair, instead they just make up for it by hitting the middle income earners for more to make up for it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:38pm
Going away is as cheap or as expensive as you make it. I was on it in Ireland for a while before moving back here, had no savings and was over and back to London, sometimes Cambridge, to see herself. Both expensive cities. Granted, I had accommodation sorted but I also love a pint and a day out. All depends on personal circumstances.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Doesn't have a job. You'd wonder why the social isn't looking in to people like this. Where is he getting the money from in order to afford a trip to Amsterdam, which isn't by any means a cheap city.

The dole is about €200 a week.

The bus from Wexford is €32 return, flights are €40 return to Amsterdam, and you can get a 3 star for about €80 per night.

For two people, a two night midweek trip to Amsterdam costs €64 plus €80 plus €160 - that's €300-odd, or €150 each.

If you can save €50 a week from your dole, you can pay for it inside six weeks, including €300 spending money. It's not exactly dropping 10 large on the roulette table in Vegas.

It also depends on rental expenses back home - maybe these two have no accommodation expenses and live with their folks.

There are many variables and just because two unemployed people can afford a midweek trip to Amsterdam doesn't give rise to even a presumption that they're defrauding welfare.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 27 Sep 2018 at 4:40pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The bus from Wexford is €32 return, flights are €40 return to Amsterdam, and you can get a 3 star for about €80 per night.

For two people, a two night midweek trip to Amsterdam costs €64 plus €80 plus €160 - that's €300-odd, or €150 each.

If you can save €50 a week from your dole, you can pay for it inside six weeks, including €300 spending money. It's not exactly dropping 10 large on the roulette table in Vegas.

It also depends on rental expenses back home - maybe these two have no accommodation expenses and live with their folks.

There are many variables and just because two unemployed people can afford a midweek trip to Amsterdam doesn't give rise to even a presumption that they're defrauding welfare.

While I full understand the math, we both know there isn't a hope the chap in this case was casually saving €50 a week in order to fund a trip away to the Dam or maybe I'm just being a cynical f**ker
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:13pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

While I full understand the math, we both know there isn't a hope the chap in this case was casually saving €50 a week in order to fund a trip away to the Dam or maybe I'm just being a cynical f**ker

you could say the exact same thing about Rovers fans paying the admission fee into Tallaght 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 6:15pm

I have gone to Amsterdam several times and wouldn't class it as a particularly expensive city.

Social welfare probably have better things to be at than tracking every scrote that heads away for a few days holiday.

What exactly would they do to him or the line of questioning?

I think all someone on the dole needs to do is notify social welfare they are going to be out of the country,if they are taking a foreign holiday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 325>
  Share Topic