You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 325>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:08am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Why are you posting the name of the innocent man???? 

His name is given in any of the interviews he's given to the media. He hasn't requested anonymity.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 18 Jan 2022 at 10:08am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The Gardai have made it clear that stuff like this hampers the investigation - Do you care that little about that poor girl's family and friends that you'll risk the investigation not being successful just for a bit of notoriety? 

I haven't posted the name of the suspect! I've posted the name of the wrongly accused chap whose name is given of his own accord in interviews with the mainstream media.

I feel like Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes. What is so hard to understand here?

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 18 Jan 2022 at 10:13am
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:17am
You’re a bit of an attention seeker HH I think that’s the only thing that’s clear here. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:26am

The Gardai have made it clear that stuff like this hampers the investigation - Do you care that little about that poor girl's family and friends that you'll risk the investigation not being successful just for a bit of notoriety? 

LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:28am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

It couldn't possibly be their own ineptitude. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:49am
edit, double post

Edited by t_rAndy - 18 Jan 2022 at 10:50am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

After all the crow people had to eat after it turned out that Radu Floricel (who has convictions for assaults on women) wasn't the killer, it turns out the new suspect is also a foreign national.

"Apart from detailed interaction with people well known to him in Ireland, investigations have also involved garda queries to international police agencies. This has been done to determine if the man has a criminal record in other countries where he lived before moving to Ireland." [Irish Independent]

Guess Andy's first instincts were right after all.

I was only speculating and offering my own observation on what I have perceived to be a skewed weighing of volume of violent crimes reported in media where the perpetrator was foreign in comparison to volume of foreign people in Irish society overall. I wasn't trying to tie it to the specific case as such and the perpetrator was far more likely to be Irish as I admitted as we are the vast majority of the population). People couldn't separate my observational point from this particular case though. 

But anyway, I believe in the process of a criminal investigation and refraining from naming and posting pictures of potential suspects. It was wrong for people to hang the first suspect out to dry and similarly it's the same for the new suspect. Let the process run it's course, it sounds like they have their guy and I'm sure the book will be thrown at him and he is in for a life of hell from here on out.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:08am
If the guy in hospital was so bad he needed urgent medical attention and a week in hospital how did he get himself to Dublin? 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If the guy in hospital was so bad he needed urgent medical attention and a week in hospital how did he get himself to Dublin? 

Have no idea if true or not, but was told his brother (described as a taxi driver for what its worth) drove him.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:23am
When they say he was wearing a black top and bottoms will a white strip down the side , could the name the brand , like Nike bottoms say or can they media or Garda not do that ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:23am

Didn't one of the press releases say some of the wounds were self inflicted? Purely speculative but reading between the lines, maybe he made an attempt to take his own life when he got back to Dublin. 

You really have to hope they've got the right suspect this time.  
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:34am
The suspect's brother brought him up to Dublin from Tullamore and from what I was told he is a taxi driver.  
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:34am
He self harmed according to the indo hence the need for hospital treatment. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:43am

Was it HH and TrAndy who were looking for the stats on homicides committed by foreigners in Ireland?

"Someone asked me, so I checked; from what I can see of the 38 homicides in Ireland in 2021 foreign nationals are charged over four (10.5 %). But six victims were foreign national (15.7%). This claim that foreigners are behind many/most murders in Ireland does not stack up."

Edited by MC Hammered - 18 Jan 2022 at 5:43pm
El Puto Amo
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 11:58am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Was it HH and Tranny who were looking for the stats on homicides committed by foreigners in Ireland?

"Someone asked me, so I checked; from what I can see of the 38 homicides in Ireland in 2021 foreign nationals are charged over four (10.5 %). But six victims were foreign national (15.7%). This claim that foreigners are behind many/most murders in Ireland does not stack up."

additional context; two of the six were women. one was murdered by an irish national (stranger) and the other by a non-national (husband). five other women were killed last year, all irish and all killed by irish nationals.

we have a pretty low murder rate which thankfully has seen a steady decline over the past decade and a half. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 18 Jan 2022 at 12:15pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Was it HH and Tranny who were looking for the stats on homicides committed by foreigners in Ireland?

Always said i stood to be corrected Clap
If you take out gangland murders I wonder what it would look like? I did take out gangland murders as they are almost always involving Irish on Irish 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 12:28pm

There’s a really good book called “Natives” written by Akala. He’s a Cambridge educated rapper from an impoverished London background. He shows studies illustrating how when the media mention race/ religion/ nationality it makes crime more memorable. So it can seem like Muslims/ Black/ Traveller crime is out of control. 
Anyway that’s prob not selling the book very well 😁 but it is good. 
El Puto Amo
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Didn't one of the press releases say some of the wounds were self inflicted? Purely speculative but reading between the lines, maybe he made an attempt to take his own life when he got back to Dublin. 

You really have to hope they've got the right suspect this time.  

That’s my reading of it too.
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 325>
  Share Topic