You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 325>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:04pm
Limerick is a warzone where shootings, pipe bomb attacks, and stabbings happen every night according to Forbes magazine.

Amazing to believe that Americans are still so casually ignorant and racist about Ireland more than 30 years after the invention of the internet.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:11pm
The article was written by a Dub. Amazing to think that Dubs can still be so casually ignorant and racist and racist about Ireland more than 30 years after the creation of the Internet.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Limerick is a warzone where shootings, pipe bomb attacks, and stabbings happen every night according to Forbes magazine.

Amazing to believe that Americans are still so casually ignorant and racist about Ireland more than 30 years after the invention of the internet.

The article was written by an Irish guy called Stephen McBride
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:14pm
If only there was some way of finding these things out?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If only there was some way of finding these things out?

I know I heard of this thing called the intermet not sure what it’s about. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:34pm
How long until someone pays a vigilante group to dish out punishment,  no point in going to court at all.

Edited by Jackal - 12 Apr 2021 at 11:35pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:24am
A former college student in America being sued  over the suicides of several students he was friends with (he found five bodies in in the space of one year), deaths he stands accused of encouraging. People who know him are on the fence regarding his culpability. Curious behaviour includes wearing their clothes, taking over their Facebook accounts, and trying to hook up with their girlfriends.

Fascinating, if morbid, read.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:14am
https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2021/0421/1211120-police-shooting-ohio/

16 year old gear lunging at people with a knife gets shot and people go out protesting chanting her name? I'm really starting to doubt the intelligence of humans as a race. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:18am
I would like to think that police officers should be trained to be able to take down a teenage girl, with or without a knife, without using a gun. If they can't do that then maybe they should find another job that's more suited to their abilities.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:35am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would like to think that police officers should be trained to be able to take down a teenage girl, with or without a knife, without using a gun. If they can't do that then maybe they should find another job that's more suited to their abilities.

It's not like the movies, though. They don't have a lot of time to make a decision when someone is rapidly approaching them with a sharp instrument intended to kill them. It's often a split-second decision.

Haven't heard much about that in the news, oddly enough. Maybe the story isn't sexy enough to be leveraged for political gain.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:45am
If there instinct is to pull out a gun, to a knife, then they are too dangerous to be in the police. You can use as many other deaths as you like to point score, but it is that simple.
I'm no fan of the police anywhere, because we all run off the same failed model. Police are generally recruited from the same sections of society where fascism thrives, the only difference is fascists get better training. In America they get trained for about 18 months. I know people who were trained longer to work behind a bar. It needs root and branch change. Again, not perfect,  but there's a lot to be learned from the Nordic nations here. Regardless of that, the instinct to pull out a gun on a teenager, knife or no knife, is incomprehensible.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 12:36pm
I just watched the video. If the girl in the pink was my little sister, I'm not sure I'd want the cop to try and talk it out with the person with the knife. She looked to be literally a nanosecond away from making contact with it.

The above is a case in point as to how badly hesitancy or indecision can backfire on a cop. The video is used to train officers in academies.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 1:17pm
 I never suggested the cop had to talk her out if it. If trained police officers cannot overpower a teenage girl, knife or bo knife, without a gun then they haven't been trained properly. I know I would fancy my chances in that situation and I am a coward with no training.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 2:07pm
The cops are too trigger happy over there. First sign someone is not cooperating or going to cause danger they shoot to kill. 
That is probably their training rather than anything to do with systematic racism 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The cops are too trigger happy over there. First sign someone is not cooperating or going to cause danger they shoot to kill. 
That is probably their training rather than anything to do with systematic racism 
It is a mixture of both. America is still a very racially divided nation and the police merely reflect that. As I said above, the problem with policing in many countries is that they often  recruit from the areas of society who are disenfranchised themselves, then give them minimal training and too much power. The results are really good. The police in its current format is an anachronism that is only accepted as they are paid to defend the interests of the wealthy. It needs anhuge overhaul, not just in the States, but here in England and even at home.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'd say that's due to everyone in America being allowed to buy a gun. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 3:45pm
So the little darling that allegedly stabbed that Mongolian lady in the IFSC a couple of months back wasnt happy at being further remanded calling the judge a “f**king dirty ratbag tramp”.

Boy shouts abuse in court as case over stabbing of woman at Dublin's IFSC delayed
https://jrnl.ie/5416288
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 3:57pm
That cop is fooked, he didn't even try to diffuse the situation or use less than lethal force, gun out bang bang, in the time it took to discharge his weapon he could have taken her down from behind.

He going to jail 
Why no wine??!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 325>
  Share Topic