You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 325>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

You presumed the three men were bachelors, one of them had a daughter. You figure it out
And we know that nobody can have kids without getting marriedConfused 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 4:53pm
Remember that tit a few months back who got out of his car, got a bat, and whacked a bin man across the head? Anyone know if he was charged?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Remember that tit a few months back who got out of his car, got a bat, and whacked a bin man across the head?
Very dangerous

Sounds like a recipe for another pandemic
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:38pm
Has that one gone viral yet?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:36pm
It has since emerged that gardaí from Mitchelstown telephoned Johnny Hennessy at about 6pm that evening after they were contacted by a family member who expressed concerns about him.

When gardaí phoned him and he said he was OK, they accepted his assurance and they did not make a physical call out to the farm at Curraghgorm.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40237121.html

Sounds about right. Lazy c*nts.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:42pm
I think that is unfair. Small community, everbody knows each other. Garda calls a well known fella in the community to check on him and he said he was all good. I am not sure many members of the Garda would then take it upon themselves to go and double check. 
Granted we dont know to what extent the concern from the relative was but the Garda checked on him, and never in his wildest dreams would he have imagined the events that went on to unfold. 

I think calling them lazy ****s is poor form in this instance. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It has since emerged that gardaí from Mitchelstown telephoned Johnny Hennessy at about 6pm that evening after they were contacted by a family member who expressed concerns about him.

When gardaí phoned him and he said he was OK, they accepted his assurance and they did not make a physical call out to the farm at Curraghgorm.

Ah yeah sure it was there fault. Give over ffs 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:36pm
It was wrong of me to paint all of them with the same brush but I have had nothing but bad experiences with them.

I don't say it lightly either. I was involved in a fatal RTC over a decade ago and got to witness first hand their incompetence.

Several other incidents that could've changed my mind but was left unhappy every time, including a guard fobbing off an arranged meeting re: a statement about an unrelated matter so he could go down the town and watch some festival, even though I had given them my phone number.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:47pm
I'd agree with you Hotlips in general. But I'd also agree with the other two on that Cork situation- how many concerrned phone calls would the Garsai get that nothing ever happened? The surprise is they actually did ring him 
It would damage this forums' reputation
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 4:22pm

It was wrong of me to paint all of them with the same brush but I have had nothing but bad experiences with them.

I don't say it lightly either. I was involved in a fatal RTC over a decade ago and got to witness first hand their incompetence.

Several other incidents that could've changed my mind but was left unhappy every time, including a guard fobbing off an arranged meeting re: a statement about an unrelated matter so he could go down the town and watch some festival, even though I had given them my phone number.
You seem to have a number of run in's with them i don't think Ive ever had to interact with them apart from applying for a Visa for Canada.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:11pm

Alright Gemma
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 2:28pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 10:11pm
Sentenced to < 2 years in prison after 18 months suspended for dangerous driving resulting in the death of a teenage girl.

Drug user. Check. Unaccompanied learner driver. Check. Dangerous driving. Check. Habitual offender. Check.

"The judge said it was interesting that a probation officer had noted that Dunne was in a habit of texting while driving and did not think it was such a reckless activity."

At least he got some kind of sentence, even if it is a slap in the face to the family, despite impregnating someone in the months afterwards to try and get out of going to prison.

All in all, Sadly not surprised knowing who the judge is.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 16 Mar 2021 at 10:28pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:40am
Wouldn't like to have been unlucky enough to be travelling over Samuel Beckett bridge last night when those two groups attacked each other. It must have been like one of those Polish hooligan videos. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:03pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/i-do-fear-for-her-now-%e2%80%93-fathers-shock-after-alleged-attempted-abduction-of-his-daughter-4-in-offaly/ar-BB1eSdGF?li=BBr5HCU

Keep vigilant with your kids folks, it seems the perpetrator lived in the same estate 

Hate to break it to you but social media is just as big a danger as the boogeyman in this news article.

My older brother has a mate (33) who got put on blast on Facebook by the mother of a well underage girl he attempted to chat up. Same chap who was in the courts for a quote "deviant act" outside a school.

This lad wouldn't look like Sloth from The Goonies and is quite confident so he'd have no problems getting women his own age.

Fair play to the girl anyway because she asked him why the f he was messaging her and told her mother immediately. Point is, some girls might be flattered by the attention or might be more vulnerable to grooming.

This isn't a unique story either. There are plenty of lads his age and older/bit younger all over the country who're into underage girls. Though most people would be a bit less obvious about their perversions than this lad - who must be on his 7th or 8th different Facebook account by now.

These lads are FAR more common than the outlier in this article who is like a throwback to seventies Ireland with his approach to this kind of behaviour.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 24 Mar 2021 at 3:42pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:18am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:15pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 325>
  Share Topic