You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 325>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Probably not the right place for this as its more of an observation..

Was queueing up outside a phone repair shop the other day in Blanch Centre when a group of young lads joined the queue behind me and my young lad. They chatted away to each other and no hassle or anything out of them. So inside the shop theres a Bitcoin atm type yoke mounted on the wall. Three of them go up to it and one by one scan their phones and lodge some serious wedge for young lads. Each of them took out neatly folded wads of cash in €20s and €50s and easily deposited €400-€500 before they strolled off. In this day and age, I immediately thought drug related. 

Sounds like a washing machine that alright 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:18am

Was queueing up outside a phone repair shop the other day in Blanch Centre when a group of young lads joined the queue behind me and my young lad. They chatted away to each other and no hassle or anything out of them. So inside the shop theres a Bitcoin atm type yoke mounted on the wall. Three of them go up to it and one by one scan their phones and lodge some serious wedge for young lads. Each of them took out neatly folded wads of cash in €20s and €50s and easily deposited €400-€500 before they strolled off. In this day and age, I immediately thought drug related. 

Just a good week on the bob-a-jobs for the young lads.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:44am
How do the bitcoin ATM's work? Would have thought the CAB would have been all over that if there's no customer verification
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

How do the bitcoin ATM's work? Would have thought the CAB would have been all over that if there's no customer verification
From what I seen, they have an app on their phone with a QR code and the machine scans that which then allows them to purchase Bitcoin to the account linked to the app. As Nvidic alludes to above, dirty money gone and ‘clean’ virtual currency acquired. As quick as withdrawing a few quid from an ATM if not quicker.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:26pm
That is very, very, very f**king handy for laundering cash.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 6:19pm
I have never seen one of those before, are there many around?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I have never seen one of those before, are there many around?
Just had a quick google search and seems to be a fair few of them around, first one in dublin seems to be installed in 2014
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:53pm
https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0730/1156453-courts-rape/

Wow.

Edited by horsebox - 30 Jul 2020 at 2:55pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:56pm
Heard that on the news. What kind of deranged animal does that. Don't tell me it was the first time because I don't think you just decide to rape a 70 year old woman. 15 years as a carer too. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 2:58pm
The first offense that he has been convicted of but I wouldn't be surprised if he has sexually assaulted other people. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 1:12pm

Drugs are bought and sold in bitcoin, have been for some time on the Darkweb. There are other Crypto currencies used as well. 

It was once quite a pain to turn money laundered from bitcoin into cash, you would have had to use Western Union etc. 

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0730/1156453-courts-rape/

Wow.
Even though he got ten years, I thought it was a bit lenient. That said, you'd get 15 for murder so by Irish standards this a very big sentence.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:13pm
What happened in Balbriggan? Every post in twitter is biased one way or another?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:26pm

What happened in Balbriggan? Every post in twitter is biased one way or another?
videos on Dublin Live. Supposedly a gang of youths from Blanch and a gang from Balbriggan at each other for a while. Blanch gang went to Balbriggan to settle a few scores and petrol bombed a house connected to the Balbriggan gang. This was preceded and followed by fights in the street and the Public Order unit were called in. 

Absolutely huge numbers of lads involved on both sides, but I wont describe any further as to what 99% of those involved are as I will no doubt be labelled racist.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:09pm
So were both gangs “non-white” ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:11pm
That would explain why it wasn't on RTE.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:12pm

That would explain why it wasn't on RTE.
What do you mean by that?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:38pm
A gang of scrotes were acting the scum down near the IFSC and that wasn't on RTE either but do go on an insinuate thar the reason RTE didn't report the stuff in Balbriggan was because they were non white

Edited by Denis Irwin - 10 Aug 2020 at 10:38pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 325>
  Share Topic