You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 325>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 5:28pm
If I had to guess, I'd say it's to get people to like them on social media.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Why are people vandalising the Luke Kelly statues??

Funnily enough, I was just about to come on and ask the exact same thing. Either scrotes thinking it is funny, or maybe someone has a vendetta against him? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Funnily enough, I was just about to come on and ask the exact same thing. Either scrotes thinking it is funny, or maybe someone has a vendetta against him? 
Theres a few mumblings in the area that theres more to this than a simple act of vandalism, that this is orchestrated for a reason. Thing is, there are obviously issues of anti social behaviour ( the term coined for scumbaggery these days) in the area, and major issues recently of residents from the apartment blocks that have sprung up living in fear and being attacked. Swarms of scrotes and scrotettes congregate in that area beside the canal and get up to all sorts, but yet never touch Luke. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Theres a few mumblings in the area that theres more to this than a simple act of vandalism, that this is orchestrated for a reason. Thing is, there are obviously issues of anti social behaviour ( the term coined for scumbaggery these days) in the area, and major issues recently of residents from the apartment blocks that have sprung up living in fear and being attacked. Swarms of scrotes and scrotettes congregate in that area beside the canal and get up to all sorts, but yet never touch Luke. 

I wouldn't be surprised if white supremacists are vandalising it.

Kelly was a communist.

The Sheriff Street statue also makes him look like a bro.

Phil Lynott's statue has also been vandalised.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 8:50am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if white supremacists are vandalising it.

Kelly was a communist.

The Sheriff Street statue also makes him look like a bro.

Phil Lynott's statue has also been vandalised.

the tin foil hat was certainly on when you posted this Wacko
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 12:44pm
Re Luke Kelly, seems to be a story that a drug dealer is upset that there's increased CCTV and lighting around where one of Luke's statues is and he's paying junkies to vandalize the two of them now cos he's gotten thick that his activities are being curtailed.  They have one scrote up for one of the vandalism acts anyway, be interesting to read what the braindead waste of oxygen says in front of the beak.  Scummers.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 1:17pm
Similar to this -
https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/thugs-set-fire-much-loved-18465660

Just walked by Darndale there and some lad just emptied the contents of his work van into the grass.

In Coolock astro - someone over the course of a couple of days emptied the contents of a house beside the astro, it was eventually set on fire.

In my local park - again somebody just dragged over 3 large black bags full of domestic rubbish and left it in the goal mouth. I can no longer use the goals now.

In Howth hill, kids running around everywhere, then 3 x 24 boxes of bottles left there. But they smashed up all the bottles it's just glass now.

Dublin City Council appeared to have stopped emptying the bins too.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-city-skate-park-left-18478968?fbclid=IwAR2hitUysO1gwAkRUczbDyS1QId-EqX8AsCl8TNfA0i3WG0dbvNgW-DHoDU

Also spotted a car in the wasteland in Darndale with a shopping trolley put through the windscreen

Everywhere I go every single day I see this.

Edited by horsebox - 25 Jun 2020 at 1:39pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:33pm
3 stabbed to death in a hotel stairwell in George Street, Glasgow, suspect shot dead by police.  Horrendous. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 4:17pm
Was it a 'terrorist' attack similar to the one in Reading last week. I wonder how long we're going to be spared these types of attacks.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 5:01pm
Sounds like a typical Friday night on Sauciehall Street. You know how it works. You bump into some growler, or accidentally spill someone's pint, or whatever.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 6:10pm
Glasgow stabbings not terrorism related according to the Police.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:40pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:18am
https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/video-shows-kid-screaming-i-18562118

Video of a young fella in Dublin telling police he can't breathe with no obvious obstruction 

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 10:28am
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/man-partially-severed-ear-lobe-of-acquaintance-after-slashing-face-in-gruesome-attack-court-hears/ar-BB16JrUK?ocid=msedgdhp

Here's a fella deported from the UK twice who ends up in Ireland to randomly slash the face of someone he 'bumped' into on the street. A lad who should be in a mental home. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 3:11pm
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/man-40s-arrested-over-vandalism-of-second-luke-kelly-statue-in-dublin-city-centre/ar-BB172y61?li=BBr5KbJ

Has it been established why the Luke Kelly Statues are being targeted. Think someone mentioned drug dealing in Sheriff Street, but wouldnt imagine that's the case at South King Street
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/man-40s-arrested-over-vandalism-of-second-luke-kelly-statue-in-dublin-city-centre/ar-BB172y61?li=BBr5KbJ

Has it been established why the Luke Kelly Statues are being targeted. Think someone mentioned drug dealing in Sheriff Street, but wouldnt imagine that's the case at South King Street

Same guy is being accused of doing both 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 4:17pm
Ah right! Didnt realise that! Cheers!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:51am
Probably not the right place for this as its more of an observation..

Was queueing up outside a phone repair shop the other day in Blanch Centre when a group of young lads joined the queue behind me and my young lad. They chatted away to each other and no hassle or anything out of them. So inside the shop theres a Bitcoin atm type yoke mounted on the wall. Three of them go up to it and one by one scan their phones and lodge some serious wedge for young lads. Each of them took out neatly folded wads of cash in €20s and €50s and easily deposited €400-€500 before they strolled off. In this day and age, I immediately thought drug related. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 325>
  Share Topic