You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 325>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 1:03pm
Seems to be a lot in the Papers lately about Larry Murphy linking him to Deirdre Jacobs disappearance.
No mention of what new evidence has led to this unsurprisingly, but surely if he's found guilty of this he's involved with the rest of the missing
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 1:33pm
I'm sure he was working in a neighbors house when she went missing.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 3:18pm
I thought he has been a suspect in her for a long time.

Read a good book a few years ago "Missing, Presumed", which looked in to the disappearances of Deirdre Jacob and other women in the Leinster area, definitely worth reading.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Seems to be a lot in the Papers lately about Larry Murphy linking him to Deirdre Jacobs disappearance.
No mention of what new evidence has led to this unsurprisingly, but surely if he's found guilty of this he's involved with the rest of the missing

Probably the ex prisoner's statement and something else. TV3 I think it was about a year ago, had a crime piece about it and showed the cctv footage of her and the route she walked home. New witnesses might have come forward.

https://www.herald.ie/news/murphy-kept-under-watch-while-the-dpp-looks-at-deirdre-case-39195181.html
  • Social Media & Performance Marketing
  • Strategy, Idea and Concept
  • UX, Design and Technology
  • Video Production and Content
  • Mobile App Development
  • Mobile App Development

• Mobile App Development
  • Mobile App Development
  • Mobile App Development
It would damage this forums' reputation
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:56pm
Missing resumed a fiver on Amazon. Cheers for that will have a read
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 8:17am
YouTube mini-documentary about the Regency shooting released last night. Very poorly made.

To summarise, Fine Gael planned the attack....

Bob Arum singing Daniel Kinahan's praises might be the worst thing to happen to him because his involvement with MTK has started to make it's way into mainstream news.

Edited by The Huntacha - 18 May 2020 at 8:21am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 8:36am
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:58am
Another stabbing recorded on phone. Type 'Carrigaline' into Twitter. Clowns with their fake English accents.

Edited by Jackal - 07 Jun 2020 at 1:10am
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:10am
Horrific. Scary to see that these kids think so little of another person's life.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Horrific. Scary to see that these kids think so little of another person's life.
Supposedly it was over €2 for the new 24hr bus service. I expect that Bus Eireann drivers will eventually refuse to drive some of these routes. There's loads of gangs on them at night these days. On one route in East Cork, a driver was getting abuse and threats (tried to take the cash), she called the Gardai but the cops ended up dropping the lads home as they had no other way of getting home.

Edited by Jackal - 07 Jun 2020 at 2:28am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 7:39pm
looking at some of the messages online related to this incident, you would wonder if these black gangs and their rivals (who I assume are white) are now influenced by everything that is going on now in America and the protests and there is an additional bow in their arrow to justify their racism and aggression towards each other. I would think there would be. 

Mad to think how one incident of police negligence involving a white office and black victim would have as big of an influence around the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 7:54pm
Negligence? The word you are looking for is murder. If you think that the protests are all about George Floyd and not as a result of years of accepted institutional racism the world over then you are way off.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Negligence? The word you are looking for is murder. If you think that the protests are all about George Floyd and not as a result of years of accepted institutional racism the world over then you are way off.

Yeah I know it was murder. 

I understand and accept people’s right to protest but my post above was more about a fear that actually the impact could lead to further racism and aggression especially in those tender teenage years. I know in Ireland in general most kids are just fine but you get those pockets of gangs of toe rags and they are likely to be influenced in a bad way. 

The other thing I am having a bit of uncertainty about is, what exactly are the protests looking to achieve, especially here in Ireland? Doesn’t everyone here get a fair shot at life? 
It’s kind of like, ok, tell us what you want exactly and we can talk about how we can achieve it. Is it just about the police in America? Is it something here in Ireland that we need to give black people that we are not giving them today?

Edited by t_rAndy - 07 Jun 2020 at 8:31pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

looking at some of the messages online related to this incident, you would wonder if these black gangs and their rivals (who I assume are white) are now influenced by everything that is going on now in America and the protests and there is an additional bow in their arrow to justify their racism and aggression towards each other. I would think there would be. 

Mad to think how one incident of police negligence involving a white office and black victim would have as big of an influence around the world
A bunch of fools who think they are London or something.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:40pm
Racism is rife in Ireland, unfortunately. Over the past week I have come across many stories of how black people have been racially abused in Ireland. As I have said on here before, Irish people seem to have this belief that we cannot be properly racist because we were victims ourselves and weren't colonisers. The reason I went to a protest was that I feel it was important that communities show that people are anti-racist. It isn't enough to not be racist, people have to be anti-racist. I assume that is what most people who went were doing. Or maybe they are all superheroes.

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 9:00pm
there have been loads of videos of Gangs in Cork calling out other gangs for the last month on you tube and I’d say this has more to do with this than racism.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Racism is rife in Ireland, unfortunately. Over the past week I have come across many stories of how black people have been racially abused in Ireland. As I have said on here before, Irish people seem to have this belief that we cannot be properly racist because we were victims ourselves and weren't colonisers. The reason I went to a protest was that I feel it was important that communities show that people are anti-racist. It isn't enough to not be racist, people have to be anti-racist. I assume that is what most people who went were doing. Or maybe they are all superheroes.

Since you seem to have invested a lot more into this I would like to ask:
What is the blueprint to be anti racist?
What do we need to do to make people of colour feel equal?

Like I think if there is something that needs to be done better and I can contribute in my own way then I would be willing to step up my game if it’s not at the right level but I am not sure exactly what it is that I (we) are supposed to be doing better

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

there have been loads of videos of Gangs in Cork calling out other gangs for the last month on you tube and I’d say this has more to do with this than racism.
Those were North City travellers. These are suburban southsiders.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 325>
  Share Topic