You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 325>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Those pics been set around - could be any teenagers ffs. People are so stupid. 

If I was in school you could scrawl Boy A and Boy B onto any school pic and watch it spread around as fact.

I had believed until yesterday due to someone telling me he heard it on good authority,  that Boy B was the step brother of Ana and it was an even bigger tragedy for the parents. 
But now based on reading the evidence it's clear it was bullsh*t and it was not the case at all. Mad how people spread these rumours and they become "100% the truth"

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Jun 2019 at 1:30pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 1:32pm
Can't imagine what her parents went through having to sit through the court case listening to what happened to her. 

Who knows what possesses two young lads to do something like that, pure evil.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If I was in school you could scrawl Boy A and Boy B onto any school pic and watch it spread around as fact.

I had believed until yesterday due to someone telling me he heard it on good authority,  that Boy B was the step brother of Ana and it was an even bigger tragedy for the parents. 
But now based on reading the evidence it's clear it was bullsh*t and it was not the case at all. Mad how people spread these rumours and they become "100% the truth"

Seriously Trandy how in the hell did you believe that it makes no sense
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 3:29pm

Seriously Trandy how in the hell did you believe that it makes no sense

Well I hadn't really got into the detail of the trial evidence. I just had an idea that one boy had lured her to the other boy and was put to me that the boy who lured he was the step brother.  
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:49pm
fair enough - some amount of bullsh*t spreads so easily
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:44am
Not sure why the identities should remain guarded if they have been found guilty of the crime
Is it to protect the families from any retribution?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Not sure why the identities should remain guarded if they have been found guilty of the crime

It's  because they're under 18 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:48am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

It's because they are legally minors. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 10:53am
There is legislation in place, and there are severe penalties under the 2006 Act for disclosing. I believe these can be indictable offences too
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 11:39am
Just reading that one of the boys was inadvertently named on a Cork radio station yesterday.
Could that have any effect on the outcome of the case

*It's illegal under the Childrens Act 2001 and can lead to large fines for anyone guilty of exposing their identities

Edited by ChesterCopperpot - 20 Jun 2019 at 11:56am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:04pm
Id be fairly certain that anybody who knows either of those two murdering bastards or their families, or lives in the area and surrounding areas already know the their identities anyway. 

Drove passed the abandoned house earlier on the back road over to Lucan, nice to see plenty of fresh flowers in place following the verdict. Mad to think that something like that could happen so close to what is a busy park and a busy road.

Edited by Sham157 - 20 Jun 2019 at 1:06pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:12pm
Sure everyone in their school will know who they are. Suddenly 2 lads disappear from school...
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Sure everyone in their school will know who they are. Suddenly 2 lads disappear from school...
exactly, the only people to gain anything from them being named are nosy bastards who will forget about them again when the next gruesome headline hits the 6one news.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

exactly, the only people to gain anything from them being named are nosy bastards who will forget about them again when the next gruesome headline hits the 6one news.
****s looking for likes on Facebook sharing these pics. Dead
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 1:34pm

Genuinely not trying to cause offence but would you not apply a bit of critical thinking if someone told you something like that? A small bit of reading on the case would have made it clear that wasn't the situation. Far too easy these days for utter nonsense to become gospel because of people believing rumours told on "good authority" or stuff they read online. 

The social media commentary on this case is disgusting in the main. Keyboard warriors everywhere that would do this or that, a good few of them probably the sort of knuckle draggers that wouldn't have thought twice about bullying someone a bit different like Ana when they were in school.

Desperately sad story and that Irish Times piece is one of the best pieces of journalism I've read in a long time, much as it's heartbreaking reading it. I'd imagine this isn't the end of it, Boy B's family are certain to appeal imo which will drag it up again for the Kriegel's. Absolute tragedy. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

There is legislation in place, and there are severe penalties under the 2006 Act for disclosing. I believe these can be indictable offences too

Does the judge have the power to remove their anonymity like the Alesha MacPhail case in Scotland?(equally as heartbreaking case) 
GWAN YBIG
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:39pm
Purple monkey dishwasher.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Does the judge have the power to remove their anonymity like the Alesha MacPhail case in Scotland?(equally as heartbreaking case) 

Yes but the appellants would have to make an extremely strong case to do so. Likelihood seems to be any application before they turn 18 would be unsuccessful
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 325>
  Share Topic