You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 328>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Couldn't blame her for taking a pay off, I would be encouraging anyone I knew to he the same as it would completely change your life with how public it would be. If it is the person I think it is I wold love to see him go down as he is nothing but a scumbag, how did the other recent one go un-noticed? Paid off very sharply I assume. 

Right so and just taking the pay off and instead having to live with the memory of a brutal assault/rape won't change her life? 

I understand her fear of making a statement and it seems forensics have been contaminated/ruined after the perpetrator fooked off, but her friends/family have to try convince her to make a statement.  He could do it to another victim if he's not charged, convicted and jailed.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:13pm

I find the logic behind take the payoff bizarre. I once had a discussion with a female who said she'd never report being raped if it was a potential high profile case due to the strain and stress it would put her under with the public and media scrutiny. Even when faced with the prospect of saying not reporting it and her rapist would go on to commit more crimes, possibly even murder and she still said she wouldn't report it. I took it a step further and said what if the next victim was a family member or one of your children and she still said she wouldn't report it.

So we have women in this country that would not report a rape even if they knew their child would be next. I honestly don't know if this woman is completely f**ked in the head or if it's a product of how we treat victims in this country. The whole conversation left me dumbfounded.
boywonder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boywonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:32pm

Couldn't blame her for taking a pay off, I would be encouraging anyone I knew to he the same as it would completely change your life with how public it would be. If it is the person I think it is I wold love to see him go down as he is nothing but a scumbag, how did the other recent one go un-noticed? Paid off very sharply I assume. 

What was the other recent one that went unnoticed??
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I find the logic behind take the payoff bizarre. I once had a discussion with a female who said she'd never report being raped if it was a potential high profile case due to the strain and stress it would put her under with the public and media scrutiny. Even when faced with the prospect of saying not reporting it and her rapist would go on to commit more crimes, possibly even murder and she still said she wouldn't report it. I took it a step further and said what if the next victim was a family member or one of your children and she still said she wouldn't report it.

So we have women in this country that would not report a rape even if they knew their child would be next. I honestly don't know if this woman is completely f**ked in the head or if it's a product of how we treat victims in this country. The whole conversation left me dumbfounded.
Most likely this. If it was somebody close to me I don't think I would want to go through it. It isn't unique to Ireland either.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:49pm
I could see the reasoning behind taking a pay off. There could.be intimidation, name dragged through dirt and probably the argument would be it was a sex game, etc. Lack of physical evidence from the room too. There's a lot going against the alleged victim so could see why many people take the pay off
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 4:01pm

Great conversation to have with a woman Bhob. The hypothetical rape of her daughter.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 4:03pm
That's a chat-up line in Dublin.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 4:03pm
LOL
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Right so and just taking the pay off and instead having to live with the memory of a brutal assault/rape won't change her life? 

I understand her fear of making a statement and it seems forensics have been contaminated/ruined after the perpetrator fooked off, but her friends/family have to try convince her to make a statement.  He could do it to another victim if he's not charged, convicted and jailed.

Could, will and probably already has previously. 

I'm not saying it won't change her life. Of course it will, however, it will be the most high profile case in the county again and we all know how the last one went, and am I right in saying you can't remain anonymous in Ireland in a rape case? 

Her friends would also appear to be his friends also which further complicates things. 
Here we go again
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by boywonder boywonder wrote:

It was reported in a few of the tabloids this week that their was a report that this person had assaulted a woman a few months back but that it was quickly brushed under the carpet. 
Here we go again
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 4:13pm
Bhob, that's one seriously weird woman you spoke with.  The fact that she'd potentially allow another female friend/relative to be a victim of the same rapist.........that's fooking sick stuff.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 5:49pm
If it went to trial, the chances of him being convicted are extremely low. The poor girl would have been dragged through to whole saga for nothing and everybody would know who she is.

A pay-off is an admission of guilt in my book. I'd tell her to take the money then fcuk him over by telling the world what he did and take her chances of being sued!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 11:51pm

It was reported in a few of the tabloids this week that their was a report that this person had assaulted a woman a few months back but that it was quickly brushed under the carpet. 
Will you put up the link to this report that says this is the same person , actually will you put up the article that you reference that actually names this person ?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:34am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Great conversation to have with a woman Bhob. The hypothetical rape of her daughter.

They're called adult discussions Brendan. You should try it yourself one day.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:45am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Will you put up the link to this report that says this is the same person , actually will you put up the article that you reference that actually names this person ?

I can't find the article. There was one somewhere though, it said something like 'another woman is believed to have made a claim of assault against this sports star a number of months ago however this was quickly dropped'.

No article names him, however it's more obvious than it ever was who it is. What a fookin gimp, hate the prick, hope she makes a statement but seems like she's already been paid off. 
Here we go again
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 9:22am

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

They're called adult discussions Brendan. You should try it yourself one day.

that's you f**ked so 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 9:29am
To be fair, I expected that type of comment but coming from a lad who's spent his life sh*tting into microwaves and dishwashers....
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 9:31am

To be fair, I expected that type of comment but coming from a lad who's spent his life sh*tting into microwaves and dishwashers....

the dishwasher didn't happen yet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 328>
  Share Topic