You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 328>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 8:15am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

bottom line here is a gang of lads abused the horse , its irrelevant whether they are travellers or not because this kind of thing is done by scumbags who are in the settled community as well.

surely it is a piece of piss for the cops to pick these up and prosecute them ?
surely a journo can find out who they are ?

I was wondering where the cops were while this was happening. There were witnesses, surely someone rang the cops, or did they all just stay behind their net curtains and watch. If the cops did get a call, there's a cop shop in the town, why did they not respond immediately or was the prospect of facing a gang of men a bit too scary for them? Obviously this is all conjecture but I can't understand how a group of blokes have the time to pull up, trry get the horse out, fail to do so and then implement plan B, then proceed to beat to within an inch of its life an animal the size of a horse, all uninterrupted.  
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

bottom line here is a gang of lads abused the horse , its irrelevant whether they are travellers or not because this kind of thing is done by scumbags who are in the settled community as well.

surely it is a piece of piss for the cops to pick these up and prosecute them ?
surely a journo can find out who they are ?

I was wondering where the cops were while this was happening. There were witnesses, surely someone rang the cops, or did they all just stay behind their net curtains and watch. If the cops did get a call, there's a cop shop in the town, why did they not respond immediately or was the prospect of facing a gang of men a bit too scary for them? Obviously this is all conjecture but I can't understand how a group of blokes have the time to pull up, trry get the horse out, fail to do so and then implement plan B, then proceed to beat to within an inch of its life an animal the size of a horse, all uninterrupted.  

either the cops couldnt be arsed or no one told them
you'd have to refuse to believe there were no witnesses.
imagine some young kid or an old person having to watch that ? feck it anyone having to see such a thing...

I would bring back the "heavy gang" to interview these lads Angry 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 12:26pm

lads have i missed something here? where is the bit that says it was travellers did this ?
It's common knowledge that there are settled travellers in that estate and the area seems to be used for dumping horses, only last week there were 63 horses rounded up and taken from that estate. I might be wrong in accusing them but knowing the area and people from Wicklow town I don't think I am. 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 12:34pm

lads have i missed something here? where is the bit that says it was travellers did this ?
It's common knowledge that there are settled travellers in that estate and the area seems to be used for dumping horses, only last week there were 63 horses rounded up and taken from there.
might be wrong in accusing them but knowing the area and people from Wicklow town I don't think I am. 

Edited by Metal Paul - 10 Dec 2013 at 12:35pm
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

It's common knowledge that there are settled travellers in that estate and the area seems to be used for dumping horses, only last week there were 63 horses rounded up and taken from that estate. I might be wrong in accusing them but knowing the area and people from Wicklow town I don't think I am. 

not doubting you chief at all , i just didnt see it on the paper and wanted to know where all the anti traveller vitriol was coming from.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

not doubting you chief at all , i just didnt see it on the paper and wanted to know where all the anti traveller vitriol was coming from.
you a Pikey fan now RM? Is this  the new official line?
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 2:54pm
An unrelated story to the original but a disgusting story nonetheless, if found the coonts should be beaten, jailed and deported, scummy f u c k sAngry AngryAngry

Edited by BigPodge - 11 Feb 2014 at 2:55pm
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 6:44pm
Listen... i havent read da story or first page of thread, but fookin Pikeys are out of control...absolute disgrace what has gone on.

Seriously...they ate worse than those IRA lads...

Almost a D.E.   lol
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 7:33pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

These are two horrible coonts

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/19/shocking-racist-attack-on-busker-caught-on-camera-4309709/

Scum.
Was hoping he wrapped the trolley around their heads.
Thats Glasgow for ya.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 11:41am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 12:02pm
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 1:25pm
If she said that, and Thats a school bag she looks to be holding then Any kids she have should be taken into care
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568819/Killing-man-Its-no-big-deal-As-Attorney-General-deluged-calls-increase-sentence-sneer-mother-thug-punched-Aspergers-sufferer.html

Scum breeds scum
With an attitude like that I'm not surprised her prick of a son attacked the man. Imagine what this planet is going to be like in 50 years times. Our poor grandkids.  
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 1:54pm
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 4:20pm
Can I just ask Superdave. Your man that was convicted of two life sentences yesterday for those unspeakable crimes against those two babies - can I ask why firstly he was given these sentences to run concurrently and secondly how is someone who has 100 convictions since 2002 allowed to walk the streets? 

I am just curios to know the answers as I am at a loss to understand how this could have happened those poor girls. Its so worrying.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 4:50pm
Well, he has no sexual assault previous (as is my understanding) and how he has so many convictions, well, let me give you an example:

Let's say you've had a couple of cans and you need to get to the shop before it closes, so you drive down the road in your da's old car without permission, just because it was sitting there in the driveway, unused. The guards stop you for speeding: it's not nct'd, taxed or insured (say it was properly off the road), you don't have a licence and you are a bit over the limit. And lets say you get lippy with the Garda. Before you know it, you could be done for:
1) Driving without tax
2) Failing to produce a valid tax cert at a Garda Station within 10 days
3) Failing to display a valid tax disk
4) Driving without NCT
5) Failing to produce a valid NCT cert at a Garda Station within 10 days
6) Failing to display a valid NCT disk
7) Driving without insurance
8) Failing to produce a valid insurance cert at a Garda Station within 10 days
9) Failing to display a valid insurance disk
10) Driving without a licence
11) Failing to produce a valid driving licence at the time
12) Failing to produce a valid driving licence at a Garda Station within 10 days
13) Drink driving
14) Speeding
15) Unauthorised taking of a mechanically propelled vehicle
16) Threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour in a public place

If the Garda doesn't like you, he will throw as many charges as he can at you. 16 might be a bit much, but you get done for loads of charges out of one incident. In the example given above, you'd probably end up with a reasonable enough driving ban (depending on the judge, between 4 and 10 years), a fine (again, depending on the judge, between €500 and up to €5,000, if you were fined individually on a load of offences) and maybe even a suspended sentence (but probably not a jail term, if you had no previous).

Now, of course, to get 100 previous takes a bit of doing, but if they are all minor enough charges (maybe throw in a few petty shoplifting charges and say a dozen public order offences, not exactly unusual for an alcoholic), and if none of them are too serious (things like sexual crimes, drug dealing, serious assault, robbery or burglary), you might never actually serve that much time in jail. Fact is, if you get a three month sentence for a non-violent crime in this country, chances are you'll be out inside two or three weeks. Now, if you want to pay more for bigger prisons, go right ahead, but I can't see that being popular.

In terms of why the sentences are concurrent, it's because you can't impose consecutive life sentences: when would the second one start? In terms of the length of time this guy is likely to actually serve, life sentences at the minute average about 17 years. But that's an average - it includes things like husbands murdering their wives in a fit of rage, idiots who owe drug debts who kill less than savoury characters in gangland hits to get let off the debt, premeditated murderers, sexual deviants and Garda killers (although I'm not sure if there are any of those in custody at the minute - I could be wrong)... long and the short of it is, there are some people who pose little or no danger if they are released into society, and some who pose plenty. The parole system will see that someone like the fella in this case serves quite a lengthy sentence and doesn't get out til he is little or no trouble. I'd be surprised if he is out of prison before he is 60, put it like that. He'll definitely serve at least 20 years.

I think he might appeal, however. If he does, don't be surprised to see the term "reduced" to something like 30 or 40 years. However, don't worry, even with full remission, he'll still serve 3/4 of that term. If, on appeal, the Court of Criminal Appeal say a full life term was unjustified, given that he pleaded guilty (and God knows it was worth something to those little girls, not having to give evidence and relive the whole awful experience), they'll still impose a damn heavy sentence. This could even go to the Supreme Court - the facts are such as might justify it. A life sentence with a plea of guilty is very, very unusual, especially in a sexual case like this, where there is case law that says not forcing a victim to have to give evidence counts strongly in favour of some leniency.

I'd say that was actually his lawyer's advice - plead and you might avoid a full life term, and if you get a full life term, we'll appeal and see where it goes.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 04 Mar 2014 at 5:01pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 5:10pm
Superdave,
in the US dont they give consecutive lifes entences ?
Say 2 25 year sentences and when they finish the first or get parole they then start the second one .

That lad in Athlone had all those convictions mostly do to with anti social behavior and theft.he was in court around this time last year ,telling the judge he had a drink problem and seeking help.Think he was up that time for fighting with girlfriend or fiance .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 328>
  Share Topic