You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JFK Assassination - Oswald alone or a conspiracy?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JFK Assassination - Oswald alone or a conspiracy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JFK Assassination - Oswald alone or a conspiracy?
    Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 7:27pm
Did you know that Jim Garrison, the man Oliver Stone portrayed as an "American hero" in the movie "JFK", believed that the JFK assassination was "a homosexual thrill killing"?

Edited by sid waddell - 29 Nov 2013 at 7:28pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 6:18pm
And here's the same view from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository that Lee Harvey Oswald would have seen. Eyewitness Howard Brennan was standing where the street lamp in front of the semi-circular wall is at the bottom of the picture - in a perfect position to have seen Oswald. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 6:10pm
Here's Dale Myers' recreation of the view that would have greeted Oswald as he prepared to shoot his second shot, the one that went through Kennedy and hit Connally - the "single bullet". 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 6:03pm
Did you know that every single piece of "evidence" which was proven to be forged in the JFK assassination case, was on the conspiracy side?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 5:37pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 11:29am
Oliver Stone still peddling the same lies that he did 22 years ago. The man is a shameless fraud.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 10:44pm
See SirAlex, you're actually making the same mistake here that conspiracists regularly accuse people who say there wasn't a conspiracy of. You're trying to prove that Oswald couldn't have made the shot. That's impossible. You can't prove that he didn't make the shot. 

The CBS simulation proves beyond any doubt that he could. 

Let's just say, hypothetically, that a seven year old child had been on the sixth floor of the book depository messing around with a gun. You can't prove that the seven year old child couldn't have accidentally set of the gun and hit Kennedy in the head. The chances of that happening are probably one in a million, but you can't prove it couldn't have happened. It could. 

But you're actually trying to prove that somebody who attained the status of sharpshooter in the US Marines couldn't have hit Kennedy with two of three shots. That's an impossible thing to try to prove and it's a bizarre argument to try to make. 

I've provided several pieces of undisputed evidence to back me up that show Oswald could easily have done it. 

You're also making the mistake of assuming that Oswald was actually aiming for Kennedy's head with the third shot. That was likely not the case at all. Military personnel are trained to aim for the place with the largest margin of error - ie in this case the middle of Kennedy's upper back. That's likely where Oswald was aiming for. He missed the upper back with the third shot, but was within the margin of error needed to hit his target. 

Also, you've stated previously on this thread that you had no doubt that Oswald was a shooter. I have no idea why you would try to disprove your own argument. 

On the conspiracy side of things, it's impossible for me to prove with 100% certainty that one didn't happen, the same as I cannot prove with 100% certainty that there wasn't a 9/11 conspiracy or a 7/7 conspiracy. However no evidence has ever come to light of one in any of these cases. People have often claimed to have evidence of one, but they all been thoroughly debunked. After 50 years, with no evidence of a conspiracy having ever come to light and every avenue having been exhaustively examined, we can draw the very reasonable conclusion that there wasn't one. 

Edited by sid waddell - 28 Nov 2013 at 10:51pm
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 8:14pm

There's a good debate going here, but let's clear one thing up; Lee Harvey Oswald was not a good enough shooter to land that third bullet. All of the evidence, and witnesses to Oswald's history as a marksman suggests he wasn't even close to good enough to land those shots....He was, an average shooter, and as we all know, even the best shooters in America tried, tried and tried again to recreate those shots an failed every time!

Nobody can - or will - produce any evidence to the contrary.

Lee Harvey Oswald’s Marksmanship

Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK…or did he? Was his marksmanship good enough to pull this off?

Facts – You Decide

No one has ever duplicated the marksmanship attributed to Oswald.

The CBS Reenactment Test

CBS news did a reenactment in 1967 involving several expert riflemen firing from a 60 foot tower at a moving sled using a similar Mannlicher-Carcano rifle.

None of these expert riflemen hit the target twice on their first try and 7 of them failed to do so on any try.

They also were able to fire several practice rounds before the test.

Warren Commission Tests

The Warren Commission’s tests were equally bad. The WC paid 3 expert riflemen to duplicate Oswald’s alleged feat. These shooters fired 18 rounds using Oswald’s gun and scope.

They fired 3 rounds with just the iron sites. These shooters missed the head and neck area of the target 18 out of 18 times using the telescopic sight and 2 out of 3 times when they used the iron sites.

Some of the shots missed the target completely. They were able to take as long as they wanted for the first shot. They were firing from a height of only 30 feet. Oswald fired from a height of 60 feet. They were also shooting at stationary targets instead of a moving limousine.

Oswald’s Marine Background

Former Marines recall that Oswald was a poor shot.

Nelson Delgado said Oswald on the firing line was “a pretty big joke” because he got a lot of complete misses.

Delgado told researcher Mark Lane that Oswald just was not that interested in guns. He was always being penalized for not taking proper care of his rifle or cleaning it regularly.

Sherman Cooley, another Marine, said “If I had to pick one man in the entire United States to shoot me, I’d pick Oswald. I saw the man shoot. There’s no way he could have ever learned to shoot well enough to do what they accused him of doing in Dallas.”

Henry Hurt, author of “Reasonable Doubt” interviewed many of Oswald’s fellow Marines. Hurt said “On the subject of Oswald’s shooting ability, there was virtually no exception to Delgado’s opinion that it was laughable.

Many of the Marines said that Oswald had a certain lack of coordination that they felt was responsible for the fact that he had difficulty learning to shoot.”

More Facts

When he was a member of a hunting club in Minsk, Russia Oswald’s fellow members considered him a bad marksman.

Craig Roberts was a former Marine sniper who later wrote a book on the JFK assassination called “Kill Zone.” Roberts visited the 6th floor window of the Texas School Book Depository and instantly realized that Oswald could not have performed the shooting feat because he knew that he himself could not. And he was a professional.

Roberts interviewed Sergeant Carlos Hathcock, the former senior instructor at the Marines Corps Sniper Instruction School at Quantico, Virginia. Roberts asked Hathcock if he thought Oswald could have done what the Warren Commission said he did. Hathcock said no.

Hathcock reconstructed the assassination at Quantico: the angle, moving target, time limit etc. he told Roberts, “I don’t know how many times we tried it, but we couldn’t duplicate what the Warren Commission said Oswald did.

Again, we are talking about professionals. Men who completely outclass Oswald in raw shooting ability. But further, these are professional assassins who practice their skills almost daily.”

Dean Andrews, an attorney in New Orleans who met Oswald testified before the Warren Commission.

Andrews said “I know good and well Oswald did not kill the President. With that weapon, he couldn’t have been capable of making 3 controlled shots in that short time. I am basing my opinion on 5 years as an ordnance man in the Navy.

You just don’t pick up a rifle or a pistol or whatever weapon you are using and stay proficient with it. You have to know what you are doing. This boy could have connived the deal, but I think he is a patsy.”

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 7:40pm
For reals?
Ahh heya!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 7:30pm
It's sh*te....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 7:22pm

Going to see this tonight. Apparently it has ALL the answers and is completely non-fiction Wink
Ahh heya!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 4:12pm
Watched about 6 programmes in the last week on this. Last one being one from History channel that looks at all the conspiracy theories. And have come to the conclusion that it was Oswald on his own and not under the order of anyone but himself.

As has been said, something would've been leaked if it was CIA/Mafia/Communists etc. There is plenty of evidence from the programmes that he had ample time to get rid of the 3 shots in the 8.6 seconds which again was proven to be the length he had to get the three shots off.

Basically all the conspiracy theories seem to have been proven fairly inaccurate on the Grassy knoll claims and there is nothing to back up the claims about a 3rd party contracting the killing.

The only 2 things left that give any legs to a conspiracy is the POSSIBLE tampering with the car and/or body after death and why Jackie would have the initiative to jump up on the rear of a moving vehicle to gather in some of her husband's head matter whilst the said car is being peppered with bullets.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 3:57pm
Here's CBS News's 1967 simulation of Oswald's shots - and it shows they were very makeable. 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 10:37am
Have to say an extremely interesting thread. both sides of the argument have valid points. Not to sure myself who shot Kennedy.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

From where he was situated he had 5.9 seconds to get the shots off. I seen it tested on a documentary the other day and it was possible for a sharpshooter to get those shots off inside the time (just) but it was a whole other thug to be able to hit a moving target it that time also under pressure he must have been under when attempting the shots.

Also the evidence provided showed the bullets came from the back yes but this could easily have been tampered with by the powers that be if there was a conspiracy. Also on video footage released on the home video released years after the killing and subsequent inquest the pictures show in my opinion his head being blown off from the front. But I am not an expert so can't say for sure that a head can't react in that way after being hit by the back.

As I said, I am not sure which group were responsible for it but I think for sure the one thing that doesn't add up was the conclusion that he acted alone and was able to pull off the shots. So i do think at least one other person was involved and my opinion is its a probable scenario that Oswald was just a patsy
Again, it doesn't matter how many times this is repeated, it doesn't make it true. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 7:21pm
The above clip shows Kennedy's head briefly move forward before the involuntary neuromuscular response where he goes "back and to the left". 

The exit wound is clearly visible in frame 313. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 7:19pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I don't think he acted alone. He would have to be such a sharpshooter to pull off the amount of rounds it took and to be so accurate. It does look like the last shot came from the front rather than behind too.

I reckon the mafia were involved with the way the shut up Oswald via jack ruby. I think it was to hit up both Kennedy's as they needed Bobby off their case.
If they went for bobby then jack would have came down stronger on them.

The other theory is I find has a bit of weight behind it is the pulling out of Vietnam theory and the fact that war is big business that some people didn't want to end.

I guess we we won't know the true facts ever but just find it hard to believe he acted alone the way the shots were fired and the fact Oswald was killed in police custody so he couldn't speak up.

Again, it's been proved that Oswald was easily capable of firing three shots in 8.3 seconds and that all shots came from behind, where Oswald was. 

There is no doubt about this whatsoever. None. 

On the Sunday, the media were told to be at the Dallas Police Headquarters at 10am for Oswald's transfer. 

Ruby entered the building less than a minute before he shot Oswald, at 11:21 am. If there was a conspiracy, why would Ruby leave it so late to enter the building? He didn't even arrive into Dallas city centre until 11am, an hour after the transfer was supposed to have taken place. 

Why wasn't Oswald killed straight away after the assassination of JFK if people wanted to shut him him up?

Why would you hire Oswald to kill Kennedy?

Why would you hire a mentally ill strip club owner who had a reputation for not being able to keep his mouth shut, to kill Oswald? 

Why wasn't Ruby silenced? 

If there was a conspiracy against Kennedy, why not bug him and expose him as a womaniser? That would have been far easier.

If there was a conspiracy, why has no evidence of one ever emerged in 50 years?

If it was the mafia, why did not one of the many mafia members across the US who were "turned" never give any evidence as to such?

Even conspiracy theorists can't agree on the source of the alleged conspiracy - they vary wildly. It says a lot.

From where he was situated he had 5.9 seconds to get the shots off. I seen it tested on a documentary the other day and it was possible for a sharpshooter to get those shots off inside the time (just) but it was a whole other thug to be able to hit a moving target it that time also under pressure he must have been under when attempting the shots.

Also the evidence provided showed the bullets came from the back yes but this could easily have been tampered with by the powers that be if there was a conspiracy. Also on video footage released on the home video released years after the killing and subsequent inquest the pictures show in my opinion his head being blown off from the front. But I am not an expert so can't say for sure that a head can't react in that way after being hit by the back.

As I said, I am not sure which group were responsible for it but I think for sure the one thing that doesn't add up was the conclusion that he acted alone and was able to pull off the shots. So i do think at least one other person was involved and my opinion is its a probable scenario that Oswald was just a patsy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic