You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JFK Assassination - Oswald alone or a conspiracy?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JFK Assassination - Oswald alone or a conspiracy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JFK Assassination - Oswald alone or a conspiracy?
    Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:04pm
Thoughts?

Do you believe the official version?

Or has the wool been pulled over our eyes?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:04pm
Kerrzy said Trapattoni did it
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:21pm

Ah - great thread...wrong time for me though as I'm about to leave...

I HATE conspiracies - they really annoy me.

But as for JFK - there has to be something to it... The best snipers in America were tested and couldn't fire off the three shots Oswald was supposed to have pulled off - considering the fact that Oswald was supposed to have landed the deadly blow with his third shot was said to be practically impossible. Eye witnesses say they saw fire coming from the picket fence... Oswald murdered the next day....The official line that Oswald acted alone is very hard to believe.

I don't buy in to the full Jim Garrison theory, but I think - from my understanding - that Oswald was involved in some way, but definitely as part of a shooting team of 2 or more people.

The fact that the whole investigation was holed, despite many many questions unansewred leads me to believe the CIA were involved - but that's just speculation as there is very little proof around to support such a theory.

Be interested to read what other people think on this, and I'll log back in on Monday....

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:27pm
I read Jim Garrisons book and most of the witnesses were murdered or died in suspicious circumstances.

I always thought it was the CIA as they were the only ones they would be able to do it successfully.

Lots of other things happened too like the Kennedy's car was re-routed.

Lots of security arrangements were changed too - can't remember the details..

I'd love to hear Fergie's thoughts on it...

Edited by horsebox - 22 Nov 2013 at 10:28pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:31pm
As far as I'm concerned there has been no credible alternative theories, every one has been easily debunked and the evidence overwhelmingly points to Oswald acting alone. 

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:36pm
Dont think oswald acted alone as only one sniper could manage it and that was on his third attempt which means there must of been someone else involved. And if there was someone else involved it had to be the CIA as if it was an ordinary person they surely would of been caught
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:40pm
Was it actually ever proven it was Lee Harvey Oswald who shot him?

He never made a confession or was found guilty in the courts as he was shot himself before he was proven guilty.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Was it actually ever proven it was Lee Harvey Oswald who shot him?

He never made a confession or was found guilty in the courts as he was shot himself before he was proven guilty.
just a suspect like bin laden and 9/11
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:43pm
Oswald was a trained sharpshooter from his time in the US Marines. He fired three shots in 8.3 seconds. That was comfortably doable for somebody of his shooting ability. 

Edited by sid waddell - 22 Nov 2013 at 10:44pm
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:44pm
Very interesting stuff. I know nothing about it, only the general details. Shot by Oswald in Dallas and he was killed in turn by jack ruby.
The whole affair does seem to be clouded in mystery though, there's got to be more to it. We'l never know
Oh Poland we loved you.....
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:53pm
See that's my problem with believing it was Oswald, no one ever properly found out what was Jack Ruby's motive for shooting Oswald.

I'm led to believe Oswald knew someone who was involved because he tried to get in touch with the Soviet Union Embassy - And was simply silenced because Ruby had underground connections also.

To me it's pretty similar to the assassination of the Russian Ex-KGB guy (Alexander ???) in the UK only in the past decade just to much much bigger scale.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Very interesting stuff. I know nothing about it, only the general details. Shot by Oswald in Dallas and he was killed in turn by jack ruby.
The whole affair does seem to be clouded in mystery though, there's got to be more to it. We'l never know
There isn't, and pretty much beyond reasonable doubt, we do know. 

The problem is that many people are taken in by the movie which is a work of fiction and by the cottage industry of conspiracy which grew up around the assassination. 

I think the muddying of the waters stems in part from people not being able to comprehend or not wanting to accept that a US President can simply be killed by a lone, inconsequential oddball. 

John Lennon was murdered by one, and Ronald Reagan nearly was. It's hardly a surprise that a country with such a pervasive gun culture has seen incidents like these. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

There isn't, and pretty much beyond reasonable doubt, we do know. 

The problem is that many people are taken in by the movie which is a work of fiction and by the cottage industry of conspiracy which grew up around the assassination. 

I think the muddying of the waters stems in part from people not being able to comprehend or not wanting to accept that a US President can simply be killed by a lone, inconsequential oddball. 

John Lennon was murdered by one, and Ronald Reagan nearly was. It's hardly a surprise that a country with such a pervasive gun culture has seen incidents like these. 

Some very valid points there alright Sid. I'm just open minded in a debate where my knowledge is limited.
Although the same could be said for a lot of the threads I frequent!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

See that's my problem with believing it was Oswald, no one ever properly found out what was Jack Ruby's motive for shooting Oswald.

I'm led to believe Oswald knew someone who was involved because he tried to get in touch with the Soviet Union Embassy - And was simply silenced because Ruby had underground connections also.

To me it's pretty similar to the assassination of the Russian Ex-KGB guy (Alexander ???) in the UK only in the past decade just to much much bigger scale.
It isn't similar at all. Livinenko was poisoned with polonium that likely would have only been available to people like the Russian secret service. 

The gun Oswald used to kill Kennedy was purchased by mail order. 

Russian state involvement in Litvinenko's death was immediately suspected by good sources. 

Nothing but unsubstantiated smoke and mirrors have ever been suggested as regards the JFK assassination and any notion of Soviet involvement is fantastical. 

armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 11:08pm
3 shots in 8.3 seconds, 2 hitting with a scoped bolt action rifle on a target moving at around 20mph, that's some fine shooting.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 11:16pm
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fifty-years-on-who-killed-jfk-has-become-for-many-a-macabre-parlour-game-29758478.html

An interesting piece on JFK.
Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 11:17pm
I know a guy who worked on JFK's brother Robert Kennedy's campaign team in California for the 1968 presidential election, he met Robert just days before he himself was also assassinated.
Even today he's a pensioner & in all honesty doesn't have much time left sadly, but he is still so passionate about this. He firmly believes it was an inside job.

Personally I use to buy into loads of conspiracy theories Roswell, JFK, 9/11, Moon landing, etc which I now believe is just a load of crap. But out of all of them I have to admit there have been some strong arguments made regarding the JFK assassination.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 11:20pm
Sure Sid would know all about hitting a target with 3 shots.

''Here we have Lee Harvey Oswald a.k.a 'The Dallas Cowboy' oh not a bad first effort, now the second,oh on the wire! Last throw of the dice, needs this one, oh and he's found the target! Kennedy looks about as comfortable as a penguin in a microwave.''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic