World Cup 2014 Draw, 6th December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:47pm
Nah love England to get a tough group, with the Germans and to see get them knocked out. Christ if they done any way we'll we would never hear the end of it.
Sponsored Links

liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:44pm
Love it if the Germans put them out again
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:42pm
I hope England get past the group stage tbh and hopefully the United players do well out there (not too well though) Wink
I wouldn't want England to win the WC as there are other teams I'd prefer rather than being anti- English.I grew out of that years ago but as usual their media and loutish right-wing scum element oF their support puts us all off them.I've nothing gainst the players or Woy
I hope they get to the knock outs though tbh.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

What time is This on lads?

4.30pm

Sound
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

4.30pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:10pm
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 7:59pm
France to get dicked, preferaly knocked out by Italy with some Materazzi-esque insults lobbed at evra in the deciding match
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 7:57pm
Who do people want to see together in groups tomorrow?

I simulated the draw 10 times there. Only once did I see a group that I thought England would qualify from. A group that had both Algeria and Australia in it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

As I said in another thread England could end up in a group with Argentina,Holland and USA. Would think they'd be on their way home after the group stages if that happend.

Where they're based might have a bearing too on how well they do. Hodgson wants them to avoid Manaus given the humidity there and hopes to get Porto Alegre as it's coastal and will be a bit cooler.

Overall the northern european teams will be at a disadvantage in the world cup 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:22pm
As I said in another thread England could end up in a group with Argentina,Holland and USA. Would think they'd be on their way home after the group stages if that happend.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:16pm
Just seen this on twitter LOL would have been brilliant craic if it was the real group

The World Cup draw rehearsal provided Group A: Brazil, France, Australia, Italy
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 4:25pm
I love the way the English media are moaning about it saying it's not fair saying France should be the other team but aren't because Platini is French and has rigged the draw.

NEWSFLASH!!
Platini is head of UEFA not FIFA. He had no say in the matter AFAIK
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 4:04pm
Ta have to have a Group of Death FFS.
Its traditional.

Spoilsport !!!!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 3:34pm
France, winning again. No chance of them ending up in pot 4. Whoever does will have suffered completely sh*t luck. We could end up with Brazil, Italy, USA and the Netherlands in one group, with Switzerland, Greece, Honduras and Algeria in another. Gotta love FIFA.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Expected world cup pots. France in Pot 4 as worst European team.

Potential for a few decent groups. The groups which will have France, Chile or Ivory Coast from Pot 4 will be interesting. Wonder will FIFA keep France separate from a European seed so as to avoid a group with 3 European teams? But would hardly be fair on everyone else if France could not be drawn with Spain or Germany.

Pot 1: Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Uruguay, Switzerland
Pot 2: Netherlands, Italy, Russia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, England, Portugal, Greece, Croatia
Pot 3: Japan, Australia, Iran, Korea Republic, Costa Rica, USA, Honduras, Mexico
Pot 4: Nigeria, Côte d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana, Algeria, Chile, Ecuador, France

So France are in a seperate pot from the rest of the European teams because they're the worst ranked European team?

Seems a bit arseways to me, surely being in that pot is an advantage and should go to the highest ranked non seeded European team rather than the lowest?
How you are going to get one four teams Brazil (hosts), Argentina (prob best attacking players in world w/ Messi,Higuain,Aguero,Lavessi) Columbia (Dark Horses) Uruguay (4th last time out and have two of the most feared strikers in Europe Cavani and Suarez)

Then the added part you have a 3in 8 chance of getting   Holland(unbeaten in qualifying runners up lst WC),Italy(Euro 2012 runners up) ,Portugal(have Ronaldo),
I realise you get one of the 4 S. American seeds, but you avoid Spain, Germany and Belgium as well as Chile and the African teams.

Anyway it doesn't matter anymore as FIFA have announced the procedure for the draw and France won't be automatically in pot 2, they are having a pre-draw to decide which of the 9 non seeded European teams will get put into pot 2. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 9:57pm
Just did a simulation of the groups on ESPN there.

Group A looked like this.
Brazil
Netherlands
USA
France

on the other hand it seems that Brazil could get a group with
Bosnia
Cameroon
Australia

Argies and Holland keep getting f**ked over by my fake draws. Uruguay getting the easy groups.

Edited by tribalarmy - 22 Nov 2013 at 10:03pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

QFs will be 5/6 Europeans and 2/3 South Americans as normal.

Unless you have 2002 referreeing decisions before some smart-arse says it.

There were 3 European Quarter finalists in 2010. And 4 South American quarter finalists.

I'd expect a similar number of South American nations in the QFs this time(depending on the draw, maybe more considering all 6 SA nations are very good this time).

Unusually the 6 European teams in last 16 were paired together so 3 went out.
Id expect 4 or 5 to get through this time depending on draw/climate etc.
For all the heat/humidity at USA94 there were 7 Europeans in QFs.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 8:27pm

QFs will be 5/6 Europeans and 2/3 South Americans as normal.

Unless you have 2002 referreeing decisions before some smart-arse says it.

There were 3 European Quarter finalists in 2010. And 4 South American quarter finalists.

I'd expect a similar number of South American nations in the QFs this time(depending on the draw, maybe more considering all 6 SA nations are very good this time).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic