You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 163>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 2:08pm
window.post_1472908068112_16 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }window.post_1472908069985_41 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }Keano is media Gold!!

Think it was one of those toffs from Off The Ball.
Sponsored Links

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:12pm
He was in bad form alright LOL
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:10pm
Did any previous assistant managers do as many Pressconferences or is it the fact they are more highlighted as keane is doing them ?
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:18pm
Tardelli used to do them three days before games iirc
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:22pm
I think it was a good move, Roy's agenda was to bring everyone back down to earth. He's right in the view that the euros are in the past now and we must move on and go again.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 1:23am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

I think it was a good move, Roy's agenda was to bring everyone back down to earth. He's right in the view that the euros are in the past now and we must move on and go again.

He's asking the question 'How could we have a Euro hangover when we finished third in our group?' ie. there was scarcely even anything to celebrate and be still on a high over.
Patrick Jane View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:57am
The journalist asking the McCarthy question sounded like TV3's Paul Walsh
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:15pm
any link? I do like his rants
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

https://twitter.com/Oddschanger/status/771976075882688513
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://twitter.com/Oddschanger/status/771976075882688513
LOLLOL
Cheers DI
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:37pm

Shhickey View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shhickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 6:03pm
Jesus he's a gas man. Not sure how warranted those retorts were, particularly the second one about John O Shea. I always think it's hard to know whether these things are premeditated with Keane or if he's just in a foul mood.

But either way, great man.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 1:09am
Deserve's a lot of credit, it's very humbling hearing players coming out and praising his impact and presence.

Obviously Martin is still the main man, but as duo they're as dynamic as Batman and Robin. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Shhickey View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shhickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 7:36am
Obviously hard to know how much you can attribute to Roy but its arguably the most consistently successful he's been after retirement.

I know people are always worried about him moving on some day but it's possible he actually really enjoys what he's doing now and his skill set actually suits this job a lot more than a managerial club role.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Deserve's a lot of credit, it's very humbling hearing players coming out and praising his impact and presence.

Obviously Martin is still the main man, but as duo they're as dynamic as Batman and Robin. 

They compliment each other well.

An insight about a team talk from Keano in this weeks Irish Post.

A few weeks later, the day before the Italy game, in a cramped room at the side of a gymnasium in Versailles, where the Irish team was based, he spoke in more depth to the press about attitude and how he and O’Neill were trying to alter the mentality of the team. “We want to be thinking we should be reaching semi-finals, not coming home early,” Keane said.

What we didn’t know then was what he had already said to the players three weeks previously in Fota Island, the venue for Ireland’s training camp. “It was amazing,” one player who hung on Keane’s every word on that sunny afternoon, told . “The best football speech I’ve ever heard.”

Repeating verbatim what the players heard is impossible. None of them had voice recorders or notepads to record the moment. Yet his words were inked into their conscience.

“It was all about respect, all about hunger,” the player said, “all about how we had to forget …….  or to quote him properly … how we had to f****** forget about reputations, to not give a f*** about the fact they played for Juventus or Chelsea or Manchester City or whoever. We were told dead straight that we’d get results, that playing for our county mattered more to us than it would to anyone else. He spoke about his own career and how he knew that some f****** on other teams just went through the motions in international football, but how Irish boys never did that. How we always tried harder, cared more. ‘Go and do that,’ he told us. ‘See how far it’ll take you’.

I’m tellin’ ya, by the end of it, I was bursting to just go out and play there and then. It was an unbelievable team talk.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 10:02pm
Hour-long interview with him on Off The Ball tomorrow, recorded this afternoon.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Let me guess.  Roy Keane in no nonsense interview where he tells it like it is? 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Let me guess.  Roy Keane in no nonsense interview where he tells it like it is? 
LOLLOL  That must be the title of every Roy Keane interview I see on social media now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 163>
  Share Topic