You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 163>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It amazes me how much coverage Roy Keane gets just for being Roy Keane. 

That's what you get when you're one of the greatest players Ireland has ever produced. Would have walked into any team in the world at his peak. Then throw in his decisive, highly opinionated and volatile personality. 

That's without mentioning Saipan. It's hardly surprising he gets the coverage.
But walked out on Ireland.  

Sent home according to this.

Mick McCarthy has broken his silence on Saipan, insisting his decision to SEND Roy Keane home from the 2002 World Cup ‘was the right thing’.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It amazes me how much coverage Roy Keane gets just for being Roy Keane. 

That's what you get when you're one of the greatest players Ireland has ever produced. Would have walked into any team in the world at his peak. Then throw in his decisive, highly opinionated and volatile personality. 

That's without mentioning Saipan. It's hardly surprising he gets the coverage.
But walked out on Ireland.  

Sent home according to this.

Mick McCarthy has broken his silence on Saipan, insisting his decision to SEND Roy Keane home from the 2002 World Cup ‘was the right thing’.
Really? Stop the presses.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:20am
Mick is to Roy Keane what Lex Luthor is to Superman, what Newman is to Jerry Seinfeld, what The O'Shea is to me.

Dearest O'Shea, I must leave you. Why, I cannot say. Where, you cannot know. How I will get there, I haven't decided yet. But one thing I can tell you. Anytime I hear the wind blow it will whisper the name...O'Shea. And so, let us part with a love that will echo through the ages. ---Hotlips

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:31am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

It amazes me when the basics in such a copy and paste article are not correct.

Keane is 51, not 49 and he played 480 games for United not the 326 listed.
Also said his parents moved to Mayfair when they mean Mayfield 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 10:49am

He played 326 league games, looks like someone only read the summary on his wikipedia page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Keane

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 11:29am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

He played 326 league games, looks like someone only read the summary on his wikipedia page

That's English papers for you!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 11:08am
Roy getting linked with the West Brom job.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:19pm

And Robbie with Hull (although not Hull with Robbie). Good luck to him in the unlikely event it happens, though Hull look dead in the water. Hopefully, his chance will come. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:28pm

And Robbie with Hull (although not Hull with Robbie). Good luck to him in the unlikely event it happens, though Hull look dead in the water. Hopefully, his chance will come. 

They're only after getting a former Olympiakos manager who was linked with the Wolves job and Robbie thinks he could be in the frame. His delusion really is something else.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 12:31pm
A bit tough, HH. Why is Robbie delusional? One of our own
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:14pm

Got an assistant manager role at Middlesbrough basically he's mates with Jonathan Woodgate, despite being uniformly unqualified for a role at that level. Mick McCarthy literally stated that he was foisted into his managerial setup and is still? getting paid handsomely to do nothing under the Kenny regime. The point of contention for me isn't that Keane is still being paid the terms of his contract - I understand if the FAI was stupid enough to give him a role he wasn't qualified, or wanted, for - it's that he essentially inserted himself into the role through entitlement and is now holding a financially bereft organisation random after the natural order of events takes course. I don't expect him to do the honourable thing and walk away, accept a cut in pay, or give a large % of it to charity. That's fine. I'm a frugal guy and like money as well. But he sure has lost a large amount of respect and, frankly, deserves to become a laughing stock because of his avarice, entitlement, laziness and boorishness.

He should ring Mark Kennedy, Jim Goodwin and Brian Barry-Murphy and get tips on what to do to make himself an attractive proposition for owners at League Two level looking for an ambitious and hungry manager who wants to work his way up the football pyramid through merit.

But he thinks he can still coast on 68 goals at senior Intl level when it has absolutely no relevance to the world of coaching, ideas, management or tactics.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Got an assistant manager role at Middlesbrough basically he's mates with Jonathan Woodgate, despite being uniformly unqualified for a role at that level. Mick McCarthy literally stated that he was foisted into his managerial setup and is still? getting paid handsomely to do nothing under the Kenny regime. The point of contention for me isn't that Keane is still being paid the terms of his contract - I understand if the FAI was stupid enough to give him a role he wasn't qualified, or wanted, for - it's that he essentially inserted himself into the role through entitlement and is now holding a financially bereft organisation random after the natural order of events takes course. I don't expect him to do the honourable thing and walk away, accept a cut in pay, or give a large % of it to charity. That's fine. I'm a frugal guy and like money as well. But he sure has lost a large amount of respect and, frankly, deserves to become a laughing stock because of his avarice, entitlement, laziness and boorishness.

He should ring Mark Kennedy, Jim Goodwin and Brian Barry-Murphy and get tips on what to do to make himself an attractive proposition for owners at League Two level looking for an ambitious and hungry manager who wants to work his way up the football pyramid through merit.

But he thinks he can still coast on 68 goals at senior Intl level when it has absolutely no relevance to the world of coaching, ideas, management or tactics.

He has got his UEFA A license.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:31pm
He has pro license

Seems to be no more or less qualified than Keith Andrews 

Edited by horsebox - 06 Oct 2022 at 1:32pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:31pm
Never got the hate for the best goalscorer we've ever produced
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I have no hate for him at all, great goalscorer, LFC fan (where he was harshly treated), but I do have some regard for HH's view in this particular instance. His 500k annual salary for doing nothing (whether or not that is the FAI's fault) leaves a little bit of a sour taste!
Idah Dream!
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:41pm
Its those cartwheels...attempted cartwheels...or whatever they were supposed to be. And the talking.
Apart from that, great goalscorer.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:44pm

He was in the stands at their game at Preston last night. I'd imagine thats why.
Idah Dream!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I have no hate for him at all, great goalscorer, LFC fan (where he was harshly treated), but I do have some regard for HH's view in this particular instance. His 500k annual salary for doing nothing (whether or not that is the FAI's fault) leaves a little bit of a sour taste!

How long has he got left on his FAI contract ? 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 163>
  Share Topic