Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 163>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think even though all of have not seen everyone play i think generally our greatest player consists of

Roy keane
Giles
Brady
Mcgrath

Anyone after that falls into a different category. That list is not in any order either.

ronnie whelan has to be in there imo , pain the ass pundit but what a player 

Whelan?  Did he play much in Italia 90?  Never remember him too much for us apart from the USSR volley.

was dropped in 90 came on a sub a few times, but he played brilliant for us all through his career 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think even though all of have not seen everyone play i think generally our greatest player consists of

Roy keane
Giles
Brady
Mcgrath

Anyone after that falls into a different category. That list is not in any order either.

ronnie whelan has to be in there imo , pain the ass pundit but what a player 

Whelan?  Did he play much in Italia 90?  Never remember him too much for us apart from the USSR volley.

was dropped in 90 came on a sub a few times, but he played brilliant for us all through his career 

Captained us to the 0-0 v Liechenstein Cool
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:48pm
I know Brady was a superstar but from speaking to people - the statement was always "never as good for country as club"***

*** I've never seen him play so can't comment. 

Obviously I've seen Roy and McGrath was phenomenal.

Giles was before my time also.

Edited by kearney304 - 09 Sep 2019 at 1:48pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:39pm
Giles, Brady, Roy Keane, Irwin and even McGrath were arguably all world class players.

Whelan would probably be a level below with Given,Robbie Keane, Dunne,Quinn, Lawrenson. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’m not sure he is Ireland’s best ever player either, as good as he was. The best player from Ireland? Probably. Ireland’s best ever player is the other Keane due to his consistency and longevity.

Good way of describing it.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:41pm
The most shocking thing to come out of the roadshow as Gary Neville's laugh. Sounds like a little girl.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:43pm
It was nearly as bad as the fan boys in the audience laughing at Keane’s every comment.

AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It was nearly as bad as the fan boys in the audience laughing at Keane’s every comment.

Watched it over the weekend. Keane was a moaning little sod and his sycophants in audience who latched onto his every word shouting Keano were even worse. Dead Keane did make one or two decent points to be fair.

What right minded chairman sees his appearance the other night and think a volatile character like Keane would have the perfect temperament to be a manager in modern football. 

Edited by irishmufc - 09 Sep 2019 at 5:52pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:58pm
Went to one of these things once in D2, think lawrenson was there and Giles and sourness and maybe whelan. It was cringe and I said never again.  Grand to listen on podcast. But the formats lead into rubbish talk as ex players start to play to crowd and love the attention as they miss it. Giles was exception. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The most shocking thing to come out of the roadshow as Gary Neville's laugh. Sounds like a little girl.

LOLLOLLOL
Thought the exact same

It’s hideous 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Thought the exact same

It’s hideous 

Gary Neville is a complete muppet. How people laid this guy as a top analyst I'll never know. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Thought the exact same

It’s hideous 

Gary Neville is a complete muppet. How people laid this guy as a top analyst I'll never know. 
Does not know his ball wha
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:28pm
So Roy spoke for about two hours in this interview and had nothing to say about John Delaney and the situation at The FAI?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

So Roy spoke for about two hours in this interview and had nothing to say about John Delaney and the situation at The FAI?

That's because he turned up at his James Bon themed 50th party.  He dressed up as a Bond girl called Well Keane.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm

He was asked and briefly said he always found good football people in the FAI and hope they come through their troubles (or to that effect)

keeping options open
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

He was asked and briefly said he always found good football people in the FAI and hope they come through their troubles (or to that effect)

keeping options open

Or a gagging clause in his payoff.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:35am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:44am
Typical Roy. Taking the limelight away from where it belongs. Eire preparing for a world cup in Japan.   
I wonder will he last thr length of the season? I can see him walking out.  

"I couldn't stand that banter with Dave Jones and Redknapp was just there as a showpony"
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 163>
  Share Topic