You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 163>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crosby87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

would we want Keane to change and be a nice as pie fella? no. its the way he is and made him the player he was.
As Terry Venables correctly points out, Sport does not build character, it reveals it.

In other words, whether he ended up a world class footballer, or a chancer selling knock-off stuff in pubs, Keane was always going to be a scumbag.

In fact, all sport has done for him is give him access to lawyers, agents and the media etc, who pander to him, polish him and give him a platform where uncritical morons can hang onto his every utterance. (And pay for the privilege! Shocked)

Someone else suggested that it's the single-mindedness in such people which makes them so great, so you just have to accept the sociopathy which goes with it.

I cannot agree, since for every Tiger Woods or Lance Armstrong, I could give you a Pele or a Roger Federer.

Meanwhile, it's his dog I feel sorry for. I mean, imagine having to love a master like that?

I think I'd rather be on the other end of a length of string to some poor unfortunate who's ended up sleeping in a doorway.

Using Pele as a moral torch is a stretch considering his history of womanising...

And mandizing if you believe Maradona. 
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 10:41pm
So Keane's not the usual bland, PC, perma-offended, liberal, rght-on twunt - but for that we can should really be grateful. A real tonic in this day and age. Keeps him interesting.

I guess that's why he gets TV work.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 05 Sep 2019 at 10:48pm
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

So Keane's not the usual bland, PC, perma-offended, liberal, rght-on twunt - but for that we can should really be grateful. A real tonic in this day and age. Keeps him interesting.

We should be thankful that he is a pr*ck?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Exactly. There’s only 2 types of people in this world pricks and the offended, the offended are the bloody worst! 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Exactly. There’s only 2 types of people in this world pricks and the offended, the offended are the bloody worst! 
The most overused word of the last ten years, especially as pointing out the ignorance of people is different from being offended. 
I agree about liberals though.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:41pm

So what you're saying is that you're offended by other people being offended? Wink
We're decent enough..
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

So what you're saying is that you're offended by other people being offended? Wink
No what saying is Newt is a dope 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 12:28am
Ah mick thank you for saving us from Martin and roy🙌🙌🙌🙌
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:40am
Bizarre atmosphere for Keane's interview.  Very strange and surreal delivery from Keane.  He is a strange man.  The presenter doesn't look too impressed with Keane's comments.

Edited by Trap junior - 06 Sep 2019 at 10:41am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Superhans: The greatest fictional character in history Hug

This thread is proper moorish.

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:47pm
The story about when he tried to sign Matty Taylor at Sunderland LOLLOL Not as great as the Robbie Savage story but still a great one.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 10:31am
Watched the whole thing...pretty good in fact

as with most things if you isolate a segment out of context ie the Walters part you'd think what a scummy thing to say ......but it was a farly momentary part on the whole and there's obviously issues simmering between the 2 for quite a number of years
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:15am
Neville’s getting some mileage out of this class of 92 business and living in the past
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:35am
Watching it here. Keane has just said (around 33 mins in) that he cringes when he hears players talking about winning things ten years ago and says he thinks to himself, ffs move on.

Bit contradictory as he’s spent the whole show so far talking about being in a successful team 20 years ago 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 07 Sep 2019 at 11:36am
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Watching it here. Keane has just said (around 33 mins in) that he cringes when he hears players talking about winning things ten years ago and says he thinks to himself, ffs move on.

Bit contradictory as he’s spent the whole show so far talking about being in a successful team 20 years ago 

Hypocrisy is his middle name. Never seen a long interview with him  where he doesn't consistently contradict himself.

'Walters is on circuit now' sneers Roy while on the circuit. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 11:54am
When questions are specifically about past events what's he meant to say?
If you take it at face value it's an evening out, straight talking entertainment and in that regard RK is box office. Straight talking always ticks a box for punters. He's very witty too and again some comments in isolation have the ability to be retweeted and reported in a hyperbolic fashion. 

As regards to sneering at others on the circuit, at least has a genuine successful record to be lauded and respected. I take it as it's more off an earned position in his head as opposed to any old ex pro being involved - Walters, Morrison, Jimmy Bullard etc
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 12:00pm
Roy Keane slates The Shadow

Roy Keane has unleashed a scathing attack on his shadow during one of his talks on the after dinner speaking circuit.  ''He was always there for the sunny days and the good times but he deserted me as soon as the dark days came.   A bit like Shane Ross'' he quipped to much laughter from the 500 strong dinner guests. ''Nah listen, a lot of stuff has been said about my shadow.  A lot of it nonsesne. Nonsense.  I'll tell you about my shadow.  He was following me around non stop when times were good. A bit like Gary Neville. Bluffer.'' 
When asked if he had challenged his shadow to a showdown at dawn, Keane claimed he had turned up on a cloudy morning at 6am only to find the coward hadn't shown up.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Roy Keane slates The Shadow

Roy Keane has unleashed a scathing attack on his shadow during one of his talks on the after dinner speaking circuit.  ''He was always there for the sunny days and the good times but he deserted me as soon as the dark days came.   A bit like Shane Ross'' he quipped to much laughter from the 500 strong dinner guests. ''Nah listen, a lot of stuff has been said about my shadow.  A lot of it nonsesne. Nonsense.  I'll tell you about my shadow.  He was following me around non stop when times were good. A bit like Gary Neville. Bluffer.'' 
When asked if he had challenged his shadow to a showdown at dawn, Keane claimed he had turned up on a cloudy morning at 6am only to find the coward hadn't shown up.

LOLClap
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 163>
  Share Topic