You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 163>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 10:54pm
Was Keane one of the all time great world players?  No 

Was he one of the all time great Irish players? Yes. 

If he wasn’t Irish who would you compare him with?
Kante? Davids? Rakatic? Gerrard? Deschamps? Souness? Grace Jones?

Edited by Ecumenical Matter - 14 Jun 2020 at 10:54pm
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 11:13pm
I was quite young when Keane was in his prime for Ireland. Not too young to watch the games, but too young to think about what was happening. Had the chance to watch some of the games back during lockdown, ireland's 2002 qualifying campaign is online. He did it all for us. He was our main attacking outlet as well as defensive. He was, most importantly, our one truly elite player that we could hold up to the likes of Davids and Figo coming to Dublin, and he made them shrink in those games. They didn't want it. They weren't thinking about coming here to roll over little Ireland. They were thinking oh bollox, i've to go try and influence a game against Roy Keane in this match.

There are a lot of things i don't agree with Roy Keane on. He's damaged his legacy in many people's eyes. But we'll be waiting a long time to see a talent like that again.

Re the previous question, if he wasn't irish i'd compare him with someone like Gattuso or De Rossi. A true fearsome enforcer, one of the world's best, who could certainly play when he had to. Nobody in the modern game. He genuinely was the last of his kind.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 14 Jun 2020 at 11:18pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:31pm
Very surprised Roy agreed to interview with Barry Egan of the Sindo. Didn't think he'd be Roy's cup of tea. 

Edited by ontheball - 21 Jun 2020 at 9:38pm
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by ontheball ontheball wrote:

Very surprised Roy agreed to interview with Barry Egan of the Sindo.

Roy managed to spend 5 years in a job without finding reason to criticise John Delaney (another good mate of Barry Egan). Either Roy is a self-serving individual or he’s part of the Egan/Delaney clique.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Our man in Azerbaijan? Has steered well clear of the neighbours in the past. Anyone know how the training facilities rate? 
Quoting the S*n so it must be true. LOLLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 10:52am
"He missed the Champions League final through injury" someone from the gossip section write that crap? 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 12:19pm
Roy Keane went to Celtic because Gordan Strachan told him he didn't really want him. 

Azerbaijan: Hi Roy.  You are our 5th choice after Bryan Robson, John Barnes, Nick Barmby and Fred the Red.  We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Roy:  f**k you I'll take it so.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 1:22pm
Are you a Head honcho Mr. Brick ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 1:45pm
Apart from money, what would there to be achieved by taking on that job.

His management career is becoming somewhat reminiscent of somebody like Frank Stapleton. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 1:54pm
This, if it comes to pass, seems like one of the more obvious things to make a documentary about. Definite potential hilarity to be had.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 2:05pm
He has the beard for it anyway

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

His management career is becoming somewhat reminiscent of somebody like Frank Stapleton. 

His history of putting money ahead of most things speaks for itself. Says he hates the limelight and being recognised yet writes a book when he is still playing and becomes a TV pundit the minute he retires. Add in the big salary and payout at the FAI and keeping quiet on JD all of a sudden. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he took this job
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

He has the beard for it anyway

LOL

Can't argue with that.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Calling the head honcho a "f**ck'n liar and f**ck'n w**ker" tends to get messy in Azerbaijan.
Some things have to be said brickie!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

His history of putting money ahead of most things speaks for itself. Says he hates the limelight and being recognised yet writes a book when he is still playing and becomes a TV pundit the minute he retires. Add in the big salary and payout at the FAI and keeping quiet on JD all of a sudden. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he took this job

You reminded me of something....LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 11:11pm
LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 Sep 2020 at 11:11pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 6:21am

How come this story never came out before?LOL

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 10:12am
I had a beer with a very young Roy Keane in  Malta. He was with 21s or younger. They played day before senior match and I met him that night. He was a nice young man in them days.... how times and people change !! 
PS that was one of the best trips ever. Love to draw Malta again 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 163>
  Share Topic