Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 163>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Anyone thinking Keane would have given Shearer a hiding is off their game. Shearer has about a stone on Keane and was a big, big man. I met him and couldn’t get over how built he was. Keane’s raw aggression wouldn’t stand up against fellas who are physically bigger and stronger, it’s the same in any playground or schoolyard in Ireland. Local headbanger tries to intimidate the wrong person and then bang.

I can remember Keane sh*tting himself against Gattusso in the Champions League. He spent the whole night running away from him because Gattusso had his card marked. Keane was/is a total bully.
good thing he was a footballer so - league titles Alan league titles.
Unless Keane was to put his league medals in a sock and hit Shearer with it, I doubt they would help him in a fight.

If Eddie Hearn ever managed to pull  it off - and I'd certainly pay to watch - my money would be on Shearer every time.
😂

Of course it would, Keane’s a taig.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:42pm

Anyone thinking Keane would have given Shearer a hiding is off their game. Shearer has about a stone on Keane and was a big, big man. I met him and couldn’t get over how built he was. Keane’s raw aggression wouldn’t stand up against fellas who are physically bigger and stronger, it’s the same in any playground or schoolyard in Ireland. Local headbanger tries to intimidate the wrong person and then bang.

I can remember Keane sh*tting himself against Gattusso in the Champions League. He spent the whole night running away from him because Gattusso had his card marked. Keane was/is a total bully.
Unless Keane was to put his league medals in a sock and hit Shearer with it, I doubt they would help him in a fight.

If Eddie Hearn ever managed to pull  it off - and I'd certainly pay to watch - my money would be on Shearer every time.
LOLLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

😂

LOL
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:30pm

Eh that never happened 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:35pm

😂

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 6:29pm
Gattuso LOLLOL

Wimp.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:42pm

😂

🤜🤜🤜Terri stopped by a technical KO
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:55am
Happy enough to wear the poppy though.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:35pm

😂

I suppose it might were I one of those pathetic individuals who sees everything in tribal, sectarian terms, even football.

But I always try to leave that sort of Pavlovian behaviour to, well ...        ... people like you, I guess.

Oh well.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Keane a proud, heart-on-sleeve, neck vein-bulging, blood-on-studs, rebel-county, no-surrender taig. As long as the facilities are up to scratch.... 

... or he doesn't have to fly to Iran.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2020 at 11:12pm

LOL

Edited by Trap junior - 13 Jun 2020 at 11:12pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 2:02pm
Yes 
If he had gone to Juve or Bayern he would have to.

Yes.
Stupid comment in my opinion.
His first touch was immaculate, as good as Bergkamp etc
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 2:14pm

* Would Keane at his peak have been capable of playing in teams of which he wasn't captain? How long would he have lasted before someone was told to "stick it up yer bo**ox" as our hero walked off? 

* Would he have survived on skill levels alone in Ferguson's Man Utd heyday?

I believe the answer to both questions is "NO".
You certainly provide humour in these dark days!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 2:21pm
Keane may not has been a flashy player, but the idea that he was a bog standard footballer who dragged his way to the top via force of will alone is completely inaccurate. He was highly technically proficient, his first touch was outstanding and his passing was nothing less than pinpoint. He also chipped in with a good amount of goals from midfield, particularly in the early-to-mid part of his career.
We're decent enough..
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 4:19pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Keane may not has been a flashy player, but the idea that he was a bog standard footballer who dragged his way to the top via force of will alone is completely inaccurate. He was highly technically proficient, his first touch was outstanding and his passing was nothing less than pinpoint. He also chipped in with a good amount of goals from midfield, particularly in the early-to-mid part of his career.

No one would float the idea he was bog-standard for chrissakes. His greatest assets were will-to-win and never-say-die leadership. His overall passing range beyond a few metres wasn't always elite. Yes, of course he had good first touch - it's the EPL. I consider him to have been a great player, but I don't get carried away in the red and green mist. 

PS: Your updates on Irish players abroad are always interesting. I saw (below) in Balls.ie a few days ago - I doubt it adds anything beyond your coverage. 

His passing range beyond a few metres wasn't always elite LOL sweet suffering jaysus. You really are a complete moron pandering that nonsense. Nonsense that unfortunately a good few people seem to believe. Keane was the best central midfielder in the world for a 3-4 year period bar none, even counting the likes of Zidane, Ballack, and many other incredible players in differing midfield roles at that time.

It is amazing to hear this buffoonery about Keane being some sort of Glenn Whelan type huffer and puffer still to this day.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 5:11pm

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

* Would Keane at his peak have been capable of playing in teams of which he wasn't captain? How long would he have lasted before someone was told to "stick it up yer bo**ox" as our hero walked off? 

* Would he have survived on skill levels alone in Ferguson's Man Utd heyday?

I believe the answer to both questions is "NO".
You certainly provide humour in these dark days!
And you, as usual, provide f*ck all.

FFS what age are ye. Going into McCarthy fan boy mode at 4 in the morning!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

No one would float the idea he was bog-standard for chrissakes. His greatest assets were will-to-win and never-say-die leadership. His overall passing range beyond a few metres wasn't always elite. Yes, of course he had good first touch - it's the EPL. I consider him to have been a great player, but I don't get carried away in the red and green mist. 

PS: Your updates on Irish players abroad are always interesting. I saw (below) in Balls.ie a few days ago - I doubt it adds anything beyond your coverage. 

His passing range beyond a few metres wasn't always elite LOL sweet suffering jaysus. You really are a complete moron pandering that nonsense. Nonsense that unfortunately a good few people seem to believe. Keane was the best central midfielder in the world for a 3-4 year period bar none, even counting the likes of Zidane, Ballack, and many other incredible players in differing midfield roles at that time.

It is amazing to hear this buffoonery about Keane being some sort of Glenn Whelan type huffer and puffer still to this day.

I know they're both midfielders but I don't think you can really compare Keane with Zidane as they've different skillsets and could effect games in different ways. Both would have walked into any World XI in their prime. Vieira/Mascherano/Makelele would be more comparable with Keane imo.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 6:24pm
Keane's technical ability was excellent, rarely gave a ball away, passed to feet more often than not. Could he pass like pirlo? No. 

When Keane was at his very best, the man United midfield consisted of two wide attacking players in Giggs and Beckham, an attacking midfielder in Scholes. All worked hard to get back but were very attack focused.

The united team had confidence enough to let Keane do the heavy lifting in one of the best midfields at the time.

The semi final vs Juventus was a 10/10 performance. He was the best player on a pitch with Zidane, Davids, scholes etc etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 163>
  Share Topic