Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 163>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Anderton also played two seasons over and above Keane.

You mean he played on longer.

2005/2006 was also a disrupted season for Keane. During that whole period Anderton made 90 further appearances.

He left OT in mid-November and played his first game for Celtic in early January - hardly a huge disruption.

Fact is, he was physically done by that stage, not least due to a playing style which whilst hugely committed, was also frequently reckless.

Whereas Sicknote managed his injuries so as to extend his career another couple of seasons.

Which of the two was the cleverer?

Probably the guy who won a Champions League and numerous Premier Leagues.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:33pm
Only on ybig would you find two unionists comparing Roy Keane & Darren Andertons injury records Clap
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Anderton also played two seasons over and above Keane.

You mean he played on longer.

2005/2006 was also a disrupted season for Keane. During that whole period Anderton made 90 further appearances.

He left OT in mid-November and played his first game for Celtic in early January - hardly a huge disruption.

Fact is, he was physically done by that stage, not least due to a playing style which whilst hugely committed, was also frequently reckless.

Whereas Sicknote managed his injuries so as to extend his career another couple of seasons.

Which of the two was the cleverer?

Probably the guy who won a Champions League and numerous Premier Leagues.

Yeah, and all on his own... Wacko

Fyi, I'm not discussing who won the most, or who was the better, more accomplished player.

Rather, in a thread which is talking about Keane's aggression and whether he'd beat Shearer in a fight etc, I'm merely pointing out that he was paid to be a footballer, not a boxer.  So that the aggression which made him a fine player also counted against him, both for the toll it took on his body and for the suspensions.

Had he been cleverer, he might have managed things better and extended his career, like Anderton.

Then again, had be been cleverer, he wouldn't have let Shearer sucker him into that red card.

Nor would he have given Ferguson a chance to fcuk him out of the club just as soon as he'd served his usefulness.

Come to think of it, Saipan wasn't too clever either.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Only on ybig would you find two unionists comparing Roy Keane & Darren Andertons injury records Clap

I think you mean:
"Only on ybig would you find two posters discussing Roy Keane on the Roy Keane thread, before another poster comes in with an entirely otiose and fatuous reference to politics."

LOL
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 8:12pm
yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again about Keane, but he was no Darren Anderton.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL
Jebediah Springfield View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebediah Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 9:26pm
Why is it that every time Roy Keane is brought up that someone tried to wind others up!?

But for what it’s worth, Roy played almost 650 professional club games, as well as 67(?) caps for Ireland. That’s a decent haul for anyone. 

Not sure why he’s being compared with Darren Anderton. More importantly, as previously alluded, he won 7 PL titles, a CL and number out others. I’d say he’d take that. 
Suffering weather-wise
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebediah Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:08pm
Did he tell you that himself did he?

I’d say he’s happy enough with his haul. 
Suffering weather-wise
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Playing career was brilliant, exceptional. The rest, other than a brief spark at Sunderland, has been embarrassing. Keane just cannot be taken seriously. Post Man United, Saipan defines him. He let us down. He is everything he once railed against. Most of all, Roy Keane is a disappointment to Roy Keane. 
I could digest a contaminated bat wing easier than one of your posts you viperous troll. sl*gging a national treasure when the country is on a downer! 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Playing career was brilliant, exceptional. The rest, other than a brief spark at Sunderland, has been embarrassing. Keane just cannot be taken seriously. Post Man United, Saipan defines him. He let us down. He is everything he once railed against. Most of all, Roy Keane is a disappointment to Roy Keane. 
I could digest a contaminated bat wing easier than one of your posts you viperous troll. sl*gging a national treasure when the country is on a downer! 

'National treasure' LOLLOL
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:14am
I see Ian Dury is having a good haul himself here LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
daraghj82 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daraghj82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:00am
 who is the better pundit roy or big al ? I'm going for big al as he has upped is game on MOTD over the past few seasons Smile as for a fight, I'd give the nod to roy but al did not knock out keith Gillespie in café on seine in 97 at newcastles xmas party !
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:02am

All you've ever done on this site is slander all our players and management.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:12am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

All you've ever done on this site is slander all our players and management.

I dont think slander is the correct term.in this instance  
AKA pedantic kunt
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:08am
Anyone thinking Keane would have given Shearer a hiding is off their game. Shearer has about a stone on Keane and was a big, big man. I met him and couldn’t get over how built he was. Keane’s raw aggression wouldn’t stand up against fellas who are physically bigger and stronger, it’s the same in any playground or schoolyard in Ireland. Local headbanger tries to intimidate the wrong person and then bang.

I can remember Keane sh*tting himself against Gattusso in the Champions League. He spent the whole night running away from him because Gattusso had his card marked. Keane was/is a total bully.

Edited by bundy - 25 Mar 2020 at 10:09am
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebediah Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:53pm

Originally posted by Jebediah Springfield Jebediah Springfield wrote:

Did he tell you that himself did he?

I’d say he’s happy enough with his haul. 

Did he tell you that himself?

You must have been thinking that one up for a while Clap
Suffering weather-wise
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Anyone thinking Keane would have given Shearer a hiding is off their game. Shearer has about a stone on Keane and was a big, big man. I met him and couldn’t get over how built he was. Keane’s raw aggression wouldn’t stand up against fellas who are physically bigger and stronger, it’s the same in any playground or schoolyard in Ireland. Local headbanger tries to intimidate the wrong person and then bang.

I can remember Keane sh*tting himself against Gattusso in the Champions League. He spent the whole night running away from him because Gattusso had his card marked. Keane was/is a total bully.
good thing he was a footballer so - league titles Alan league titles.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

good thing he was a footballer so - league titles Alan league titles.
Unless Keane was to put his league medals in a sock and hit Shearer with it, I doubt they would help him in a fight.

If Eddie Hearn ever managed to pull  it off - and I'd certainly pay to watch - my money would be on Shearer every time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 163>
  Share Topic