You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 163>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:38am
I enjoyed it. Definitely blown out of proportion. Anyway I'd love to see Roy's reaction to Walters making a show of himself on that paddy Power sponsored Joe.ie challenge. Gimp is not the word. And I mean that literally not as an insult. 
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

And for such a ‘tough guy’ he didn’t half do some amount of bitching and crying to the media. Ironic that he used the term “ratsapp” really, given his own predisposition to talking about others. Of course, if he wasn’t so ridiculously egotistical and lacking in all traces of humility and self-awareness he might actually see the irony in his bullsh1t. Epic, epic bellend. 

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think of Keane. 

Edited by irishmufc - 09 Sep 2019 at 5:33am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:06am
Those public interviews would be much more craic if the interviewer asked questions like “You’ve had a go at SAF for the way he managed you.  Given that he was a hugely successful manager and you were completely incompetent when you tried it yourself, is it just possible he was right  all along?”
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

Those public interviews would be much more craic if the interviewer asked questions like “You’ve had a go at SAF for the way he managed you.  Given that he was a hugely successful manager and you were completely incompetent when you tried it yourself, is it just possible he was right  all along?”

LOL

Or ''Roy, you walked out of a world cup after an accusation that you didnt play numerous games for EIRE because you faked injuries including the 2nd leg of a world cup playoff. Can you square that with accusing Jonathan Walters and Harry Arter, even though Walters had to retire from the game weeks later through injury while you played on for another 4 years?  Who do you think faked inury more?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:54am
Irelands Best Ever Player .
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I enjoyed it. Definitely blown out of proportion. Anyway I'd love to see Roy's reaction to Walters making a show of himself on that paddy Power sponsored Joe.ie challenge. Gimp is not the word. And I mean that literally not as an insult. 

The same Roy Keane that used to dress up as a leprechaun for money?

And then literally weeks later went on a rant about people dressed as leprechauns in the airport when they were flying out. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 09 Sep 2019 at 9:15am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Irelands Best Ever Player .

What's that got to do with anything that's happened recently?

TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:19am
nothing 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:20am
I’m not sure he is Ireland’s best ever player either, as good as he was. The best player from Ireland? Probably. Ireland’s best ever player is the other Keane due to his consistency and longevity.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Unpopular opinion - it wasn't as bad as the headlines made out, I was honestly expecting worse. 

Comment about crying - shouldn't have happened. 

I like Jon and he is a good guy. Jon is also a big personality so I can see whey would clash. 

Keane does talk a a lot of sense for most of it. He comes across extremely well in fact for a hell of a lot of it. It was Gary N who got the headlines for cutting across Joe. 

He was treated badly by United, that was a sh*t thing to do to someone who was 12 years there and had won everything.

95% of lads here have questioned Arters commitment to the cause. Keane questions him and there is outrage. 

I would have like if he was pushed more about the football and the style, he did concede Ireland have always struggled to keep the ball. I would have liked the presenters to push more and ask his opinion on the future, ie can it be changed or do we have go the next 50 years hoofing the ball. 

2 hours though and a great watch IMO.
Correct.

Fascinating 2 hours. Nevilles contempt and lack of respect toward Joe Molloy is almost as bad as what Keane said about Walters.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Unpopular opinion - it wasn't as bad as the headlines made out, I was honestly expecting worse. 

Comment about crying - shouldn't have happened. 

I like Jon and he is a good guy. Jon is also a big personality so I can see whey would clash. 

Keane does talk a a lot of sense for most of it. He comes across extremely well in fact for a hell of a lot of it. It was Gary N who got the headlines for cutting across Joe. 

He was treated badly by United, that was a sh*t thing to do to someone who was 12 years there and had won everything.

95% of lads here have questioned Arters commitment to the cause. Keane questions him and there is outrage. 

I would have like if he was pushed more about the football and the style, he did concede Ireland have always struggled to keep the ball. I would have liked the presenters to push more and ask his opinion on the future, ie can it be changed or do we have go the next 50 years hoofing the ball. 

2 hours though and a great watch IMO.
Correct.

Fascinating 2 hours. Nevilles contempt and lack of respect toward Joe Molloy is almost as bad as what Keane said about Walters.

Of course it was Roy LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’m not sure he is Ireland’s best ever player either, as good as he was. The best player from Ireland? Probably. Ireland’s best ever player is the other Keane due to his consistency and longevity.

liam brady for me every day and twice on sunday 

very hard to seperate robbie, roy , ronnie whelan and paul mcgrath , all of those were exceptional. 

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:18pm
also i never saw johnny giles play and my uncle says he was the best for ireland 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

also i never saw johnny giles play and my uncle says he was the best for ireland 

Giles, Brady and McGrath are all in the conversation. Premier League generation that only saw Roy play think it's cut and dried when it's far from that. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:15pm
I think even though all of have not seen everyone play i think generally our greatest player consists of

Roy keane
Giles
Brady
Mcgrath

Anyone after that falls into a different category. That list is not in any order either.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think even though all of have not seen everyone play i think generally our greatest player consists of

Roy keane
Giles
Brady
Mcgrath

Anyone after that falls into a different category. That list is not in any order either.

ronnie whelan has to be in there imo , pain the ass pundit but what a player 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:22pm
I would say in my time watching Ireland it was McGrath for performances for Ireland.
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Roy keane
Giles
Brady
Mcgrath

ronnie whelan has to be in there imo , pain the ass pundit but what a player 

Whelan?  Did he play much in Italia 90?  Never remember him too much for us apart from the USSR volley.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 163>
  Share Topic