Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 163>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

what did liam brady or tardelli do? In the history of fottball, i have never witnessed such a curiosity about the role of an assistant manager.

the management team is going to be keane,mc donagh, walford, and guppy. I think keane may have some great input in terms of grass roots, he himself was a victim of the flaws in the system at youth level. 

Keane couldn't give a rats ass about grass roots football in this country - sure he didn't watch the senior side when they were playing either.

how do you know? 

Brian Kerr said the exact opposite to what HB said there in his interview on RTE yesterday. He said his knowledge of Irish players and underage players and amateur players was excellent and that was when he was a player. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

What makes you think Keane will get up off his arse and go watching games anyway?

He never showed any interest in the side in the last 10 years or so, apart from taking cheap shots at the players.

because it will be his job ,

2 different factions in here and both are blinded

some cant get keanes dick out of their mouths and the others are too biased to give him any respect at all.

i am interested to see what he will do , oneill asked for him i believe, they might give this a right go.
its exciting times and lads cannot enjoy it becuase they are too busy defending their hero / too busy sl*gging off their hate figure.

Talking sense Clap. Personally I don't think it's the right appointment but I'm not going to dismiss the new management team entirely without seeing what they have to say/do first.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:43am
How about this -

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/roy-keane-points-the-finger-at-given-and-mcshane-26584236.html

You win as a team and lose as a team, not too mention the cheap shots at Given and his caps.

God forbid a players wants to come and play for his country.

Given unlike Keane never walked out on his country or feigned injury in order to avoid playing for his country.

These comments from Keane were out of order and unnecessary.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:45am
Why wasn't Liam Brady offered the Doks job btw ?
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Why wasn't Liam Brady offered the Doks job btw ?

I'd imagine his commitment to Arsenal
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:50am

Given unlike Keane never walked out on his country or feigned injury in order to avoid playing for his country.

No but he feigned fitness in order to avoid being benched for a match. Equally as inexcusable in my opinion.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:52am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

No but he feigned fitness in order to avoid being benched for a match. Equally as inexcusable in my opinion.

Quite right there the Rolo. He put himself before the good of the country. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:52am
I was very impressed with the Dok as you call him yesterday.  His knowledge of coaching was unreal and a great view of the game. I left having chatted to him for the guts of 40 miniutes very impressed with him. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:54am
It remains to be seen exactly what Keane will bring, but I will keep an open mind and hope that it will be Roy the motivational captain persona, rather than Roy the bully and not so successful manager.
We also know that Roy has often not been so tolerant of 'auld stalwarts, which to some extent, has been one of O'Neill's failings, so perhaps this will be one negative or positive (depending on who's viewing it) that Keane will bring.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:54am

Correct. But he is not the assistant manager.

I would also expect every player to declare themselves fit too considering it was the biggest few games that they could potentially play in.

Rooney and Beckham did the same and I am sure there are many others too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:55am

Spot on...Given didn't give a rats ass about the team in the Euros.....was not fit to play but used his seniority in the squad to force his hand....every bit as bad as what Roy is being accused off.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:55am

what did liam brady or tardelli do? In the history of fottball, i have never witnessed such a curiosity about the role of an assistant manager.

the management team is going to be keane,mc donagh, walford, and guppy. I think keane may have some great input in terms of grass roots, he himself was a victim of the flaws in the system at youth level. 

Keane couldn't give a rats ass about grass roots football in this country - sure he didn't watch the senior side when they were playing either.

how do you know? 

Too busy walking his dogs or being a pundit on ITV.

I also think that it's up to Ruud Doktar to develop grass roots football and not MON or RK.

very insightful response, cheers Confused

You can be sure keane won't be in his chesire pad watching dvds of week old games.

Yeah its Dokters role, but who says keane can't have an input. Keane is a world class player who fell through the cracks at grass roots, do you honestly think dokter would not be interested in anything he has to say about it? 

What makes you think Keane will get up off his arse and go watching games anyway?

He never showed any interest in the side in the last 10 years or so, apart from taking cheap shots at the players.

what makes you think he won't? Are you trying to allude that Roy keane is lazy LOLLOL

Cheap shots, anything he said was an honest and correct assertion. Name one cheap shot at a player he made which was unfounded?

Clive Clarke
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:56am

Correct. But he is not the assistant manager.

I would also expect every player to declare themselves fit too considering it was the biggest few games that they could potentially play in.

Rooney and Beckham did the same and I am sure there are many others too.

Not getting in to the exact nature of the Given situation.  But in principle it is as bad for a player to declare himself fit when he knows he is not as it is to "feign" injury as you call it  Neither is better or worse than the other in my view.  
AKA pedantic kunt
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I was very impressed with the Dok as you call him yesterday.  His knowledge of coaching was unreal and a great view of the game. I left having chatted to him for the guts of 40 miniutes very impressed with him. 

Where'd you meet him Baldy? What did he have to say?
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:59am

Not getting in to the exact nature of the Given situation.  But in principle it is as bad for a player to declare himself fit when he knows he is not as it is to "feign" injury as you call it  Neither is better or worse than the other in my view.  

mcateer did it as well in japan , its completely out of order but players do it , managers need to be on the ball in these cases as well.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:00pm

Can you expand on this.
What did he say.
Whats his philosophy/style ?
Is he Ajax/Barca ?
Whats his plans for underage football ?
Does he have a ten year plan ?
What does he think of the SFAI/DDSL War ?
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:03pm

How about this -

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/roy-keane-points-the-finger-at-given-and-mcshane-26584236.html

You win as a team and lose as a team, not too mention the cheap shots at Given and his caps.

God forbid a players wants to come and play for his country.

These comments from Keane were out of order and unnecessary.

he feigned fitness which cost the team at the euros. a hugely seflish act, which has diminished the respect i had for him. The assertion of mcshane was correct, never let the ball boucne in the box, whats wrong with that? people don't like the truth in this country.

im not going to get embrolied in an argument about saipan. I have gotten over it, maybe you should to it's been 11 years, it's not healthy at all.

We have a bright few of years ahead of us, we have our greatest ever  and most inspirational player involved in the setup along with one of the greatest motivators and pragmatists of the last 10 years who has a history of  making the team greater than the sum of its parts.

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:05pm

We have a bright few of years ahead of us, we have our greatest ever  and most inspirational player involved in the setup along with one of the greatest motivators and pragmatists of the last 10 years who has a history of  making the team greater than the sum of its parts.

ClapClap

The salient point in this entire 'argument'.

And that, as they say, is that.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 163>
  Share Topic