You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 163>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

what did liam brady or tardelli do? In the history of fottball, i have never witnessed such a curiosity about the role of an assistant manager.

the management team is going to be keane,mc donagh, walford, and guppy. I think keane may have some great input in terms of grass roots, he himself was a victim of the flaws in the system at youth level. 

I think we can be certain this will not be part of his brief.
why is that?
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:22am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

what did liam brady or tardelli do? In the history of fottball, i have never witnessed such a curiosity about the role of an assistant manager.

in the history of football LOL eh its a thread with 10 posts LOL

I told you already i think tardelli did fck all, whats wrong with wanting to know what MON has in store for him ? perfectly valid question.

also i am not the only one who thinks things started to go TU with Trap when brady left.....

eh he's clearly talking about all the discussion on the other thread with 199 pages of posts

not exactly james mccarthy to scotland though is it ?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

the management team is going to be keane,mc donagh, walford, and guppy. I think keane may have some great input in terms of grass roots, he himself was a victim of the flaws in the system at youth level. 

Keane couldn't give a rats ass about grass roots football in this country - sure he didn't watch the senior side when they were playing either.

how do you know? 

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:25am

I told you already i think tardelli did fck all, whats wrong with wanting to know what MON has in store for him ? perfectly valid question.

also i am not the only one who thinks things started to go TU with Trap when brady left.....

eh he's clearly talking about all the discussion on the other thread with 199 pages of posts

That thread was only about 130 pages when The Count deleted it!

The new management team has generated more discussion than anything else Ireland-related since Saipan. Definitely the most exciting development since then, personnel wise.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:25am

Confused, 95% of the concern is in relation to the asistant manager and what his exact role will be... do you think the thread is the first time his role had been questioned???

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:25am

Keane couldn't give a rats ass about grass roots football in this country - sure he didn't watch the senior side when they were playing either.

how do you know? 

Too busy walking his dogs or being a pundit on ITV.

I also think that it's up to Ruud Doktar to develop grass roots football and not MON or RK.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:26am
same sort of hysteria and bullsh*t in that James McCarthy thread tho, as Im reading in the Next Manager thread. As always, some lads just love to have something to complain about
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:27am

Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

I think we can be certain this will not be part of his brief.
why is that?

Why would Keane have  input into grass roots football when Liam Brady, someone who has actually experience working in youth development didn't have any input?

All the lads will be concerned about is looking after the senior team and trying to achieve the best possible results.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:29am

how do you know? 

I also think that it's up to Ruud Doktar to develop grass roots football and not MON or RK.

very insightful response, cheers Confused

You can be sure keane won't be in his chesire pad watching dvds of week old games.

Yeah its Dokters role, but who says keane can't have an input. Keane is a world class player who fell through the cracks at grass roots, do you honestly think dokter would not be interested in anything he has to say about it? 

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:31am
"It's (about) the winning of the football games. I don't think any international manager has to concern himself with a long-term future. If he's part of something that he sets up, well and good, but he has to win football matches."

- Martin O'Neill, Sept 2013
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:32am

how do you know? 

You can be sure keane won't be in his chesire pad watching dvds of week old games.

Yeah its Dokters role, but who says keane can't have an input. Keane is a world class player who fell through the cracks at grass roots, do you honestly think dokter would not be interested in anything he has to say about it? 

What makes you think Keane will get up off his arse and go watching games anyway?

He never showed any interest in the side in the last 10 years or so, apart from taking cheap shots at the players.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:34am

how do you know? 

What makes you think Keane will get up off his arse and go watching games anyway?

He never showed any interest in the side in the last 10 years or so, apart from taking cheap shots at the players.

In the past few years he was paid to give an opinion on television. In the next few years he's getting paid to assist Martin O'Neill and he'll give everything to the cause.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:34am
At the least it will guarantee a professional set up. 

Wont be any more of this teapot malarky. 

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:36am

how do you know? 

what makes you think he won't? Are you trying to allude that Roy keane is lazy LOLLOL

Cheap shots, anything he said was an honest and correct assertion. Name one cheap shot at a player he made which was unfounded?

Edited by Citizen - 04 Nov 2013 at 11:37am

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:37am

because it will be his job ,

2 different factions in here and both are blinded

some cant get keanes dick out of their mouths and the others are too biased to give him any respect at all.

i am interested to see what he will do , oneill asked for him i believe, they might give this a right go.
its exciting times and lads cannot enjoy it becuase they are too busy defending their hero / too busy sl*gging off their hate figure.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:38am

Cheap shots, anything he said was an honest and correct assertion. Name one cheap shot at a player he made which was unfounded?

clive clarke , absolute disgrace what he said when the lad nearly died.

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:39am
Exactly milla. These are exciting times as an Ireland supporter.
I actually cant wait for the games now
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:39am

clive clarke , absolute disgrace what he said when the lad nearly died.

that was out of order to be fair. but i'm taking about criticising the irish team, and irish players (involved in the teaM) in particular.

Edited by Citizen - 04 Nov 2013 at 11:40am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 163>
  Share Topic