Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 163>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roy Keane
    Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:26am
Hopefully this will become clearer this week,
From off the ball over the weekend a writer from sunderland said neither Keane or MON are tracksuit managers, will walford then completely run the training sessions ?
the journo dismissed walford as the Gene Hunt of coaching LOL

what exactly will keane do ? scout players for sure, help pick the team for sure,
perhaps he will get more involved in actually coaching in this role ?

Idont want this to descend into saipan i want a discussion on the role itself of assistant manager to MON. from what i saw in wimbledon on that sunday morning tardelli did absolutely nothing except have the craic with everyone.

will move any saipan or negative stuff to the other thread so dont bother.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:30am
I honestly haven't a clue what his role is going to be. As you said it doesn't seem like he'll be getting his hands dirty with training and when it comes to picking the team O'Neill will have the final say.

It seems like he's getting paid 500k to be no more than a consultant and perhaps someone O'Neill can bounce ideas off of.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:32am
from what i heard on the radio that it was MON who raised his name as assistant so MON himself deffo has an idea of what he wants him to do.
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:33am
I've a feeling they'll more than likely be joint managers similar to Evans and Houllier. I hope i'm wrong though
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by The E The E wrote:

I've a feeling they'll more than likely be joint managers similar to Evans and Houllier. I hope i'm wrong though

that was a complete mess, no chance i reckon.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:35am
Think his ITV punditry will have a massive influence on half-time talks, O'Neill isn't the greatest of motivators when things are going bleak.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:37am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by The E The E wrote:

that was a complete mess, no chance i reckon.

That's the way I see it.

Both men are their own men so too speak.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:02am
lads this isnt about sunderland , its about keanes role
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:06am
Im confused to as to KEanes role as well Milla. I cant see him putting out the cones in Malahide like i said before. So if he is not actually running the training sessions is he just going to be standing beside O'Neill watching and every now and then say something??

Also bit of a silly point but assistant managers dont usually wear suits to the games. O'Neill doesnt so I presume Keane will have to waer a tracksuit aswell. It would be bloody hilarious if Keane turns up in a suit and the's O'NEill looking like the asisstant in his trackieLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Im confused to as to KEanes role as well Milla. I cant see him putting out the cones in Malahide like i said before. So if he is not actually running the training sessions is he just going to be standing beside O'Neill watching and every now and then say something??

Also bit of a silly point but assistant managers dont usually wear suits to the games. O'Neill doesnt so I presume Keane will have to waer a tracksuit aswell. It would be bloody hilarious if Keane turns up in a suit and the's O'NEill looking like the asisstant in his trackieLOL

It's little stuff like that which will be strange. When they emerge from the tunnel next week all the focus will be on our assistant manager. 
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:10am

Yeah.  You are 100% right TJ.  I heard from a reliable source that the only reason the contracts are not signed and an official announcement made is because they are struggling to get the finer points of the dress code agreed in a form that will satisfy all concerned.  I hope they get it right or we could be faced with a real disaster
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Yeah.  You are 100% right TJ.  I heard from a reliable source that the only reason the contracts are not signed and an official announcement made is because they are struggling to get the finer points of the dress code agreed in a form that will satisfy all concerned.  I hope they get it right or we could be faced with a real disaster

+1
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:13am
what did liam brady or tardelli do? In the history of fottball, i have never witnessed such a curiosity about the role of an assistant manager.

the management team is going to be keane,mc donagh, walford, and guppy. I think keane may have some great input in terms of grass roots, he himself was a victim of the flaws in the system at youth level. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

what did liam brady or tardelli do? In the history of fottball, i have never witnessed such a curiosity about the role of an assistant manager.

the management team is going to be keane,mc donagh, walford, and guppy. I think keane may have some great input in terms of grass roots, he himself was a victim of the flaws in the system at youth level. 

I think we can be certain this will not be part of his brief.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:15am

Keane will have to go with Mick McCarthy look in shorts Wink

I rate Keane tactically, whilst I really don't with O'Neill - He's far too stubborn and sworn by the 
4-4-1-1 formation while Keane is a 4-4-2 guy so Keane might have something to offer then but other than that as said before his ITV punditry - Half time talks or performance reviewing is the only other things I can think he can do.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:17am

in the history of football LOL eh its a thread with 10 posts LOL

I told you already i think tardelli did fck all, whats wrong with wanting to know what MON has in store for him ? perfectly valid question.

also i am not the only one who thinks things started to go TU with Trap when brady left.....

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:21am

Keane couldn't give a rats ass about grass roots football in this country - sure he didn't watch the senior side when they were playing either.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:21am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

in the history of football LOL eh its a thread with 10 posts LOL

I told you already i think tardelli did fck all, whats wrong with wanting to know what MON has in store for him ? perfectly valid question.

also i am not the only one who thinks things started to go TU with Trap when brady left.....

eh he's clearly talking about all the discussion on the other thread with 199 pages of posts
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 163>
  Share Topic