Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 163>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by DubLife DubLife wrote:

Its gas on facebook and twitter, either it was brilliant or terribly boring. 

The Keane sycophants would think anything Roy does is brilliant.  The haters would hate it regardless.  Very few in the middle who would say it was boring because Keane decided to be Father Stonewall Tiernan.  

Agree.

As critical as I'd be of Keane it's definitely one charge I (or anyone in the middle) wouldn't throw at him. 

He certainly isn't a boring individual. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 1:58pm
It was pretty poor TV and I put that down to Tiernan although I do sympathise that it must have been a tough one with no time to prepare and it is a general entertainment show and not a football one. Same old boring questions Roy has answered 100s of times. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 1:54pm
The only interviews where the interviewer does most of the talking is when pat kenny is conducting it showing off how much research he has done and to belittle the interviewee.  Keane spoke but said nothing. 
AKA pedantic kunt
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 1:17pm

The Keane sycophants would think anything Roy does is brilliant. The haters would hate it regardless. Very few in the middle who would say it was boring because Keane decided to be Father Stonewall Tiernan.  

What you say is correct, there is little grey (except his beard!) with attitudes to Keane. But like Doherty I thought Keane was pretty forthcoming. It was a vert long interview and he did 90% of the talking. Thought he expanded as best he could on some pretty poor questioning from Tommy (Tommy is usually much better but they didn't gel well - two pretty difficult guys!). Really don't get the Fr Stone suggestion, Keane must have spoken just himself for 30 mins plus. I enjoyed it on a level but agree it wasn't great TV generally. Just think Tommy more to blame than Roy.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:59pm

The Keane sycophants would think anything Roy does is brilliant.  The haters would hate it regardless.  Very few in the middle who would say it was boring because Keane decided to be Father Stonewall Tiernan.  
AKA pedantic kunt
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:35pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 10:58am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Keane took issue with the “Haaland never played again” line. Which is fair enough and something he’s probably heard loads because he had an answer prepared.

Some change in expression all the same when it came up. 

What was his answer, because I'm pretty sure he played the following weekend. 

Said he played an international game a few days later. Not sure if that’s true but he was playing club games not long after. And IIrC it was injuries to his other knee which caused him to retire (the correlation is up for debate).
The game was on the Saturday and Haaland played for Norway on the Wednesday night. Correct regarding retirement too. It was the other knee.

That interview was recorded around the first week of November.
Wronged and misunderstood. Just like Harry. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 10:53am

Keane took issue with the “Haaland never played again” line. Which is fair enough and something he’s probably heard loads because he had an answer prepared.

Said he played an international game a few days later. Not sure if that’s true but he was playing club games not long after. And IIrC it was injuries to his other knee which caused him to retire (the correlation is up for debate).
The game was on the Saturday and Haaland played for Norway on the Wednesday night. Correct regarding retirement too. It was the other knee.

That interview was recorded around the first week of November.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 10:33am

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Just after watching it and its pretty much as i expected it would be. You have Roy in front of you, do you think just because Tommy is asking the questions hes gonna start talking about his kids or his private life? Not a hope and nor should henif thats the way he is. Tommy could have made it more lighter and had more craic with him. Having said that i thought Roy gave him enough.

Agree. Just watched ot and a very different interview than you'd think from reading this. Thought Tommy was more stilted than Roy. Tommy had a misapprehension that Roy was being uptight. Obviously they had a chat over the ad break and worked that out. Generally thought was Roy was pretty open, certainly by his standards. I enjoyed it.

You do know it’s not live.  There is no ad break.  The interviews take about twice as long as what is shown as it’s edited down.  That was the highlights without the awkward silences.  Keane was been awkward the sake of it.  He doesn’t have the reveal anything or enter into the spirit of things if he doesn’t want to but why go on a show like the Tommy Tiernan show if you don’t want to go there.  It’s not a show that is about a couple of soundbites for social media that Keane is adept at. It’s a show that attempts to get to the heart and soul of a person and Keane put up the barriers which again is fine but why go on. A waste of time really. 

Then why book him then? Roy is clearly not a guy that would open up emotionally on tv. Not every question has to be deep and meaningful. Like asking him was he looking for a father figure when he went over to the UK. He had a father and had a good relationship with him from all accounts so that was a daft question. Keane gave him plenty as far as i could see. What were people expecting. 
I love beer gardens
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 9:21am

That was a hard watch lads. Roy had no interest in being stripped back. It reminded me of an episode of Father Ted when Fr. Stone came to visit.

At least he went for a game of crazy golf and we got some insight into father stones parents and grandmother.  

Keane was sent out with his packed lunch that morning by his mother and told tell those f**kers up un Dublin nothin. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 9:19am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Just after watching it and its pretty much as i expected it would be. You have Roy in front of you, do you think just because Tommy is asking the questions hes gonna start talking about his kids or his private life? Not a hope and nor should henif thats the way he is. Tommy could have made it more lighter and had more craic with him. Having said that i thought Roy gave him enough.

Agree. Just watched ot and a very different interview than you'd think from reading this. Thought Tommy was more stilted than Roy. Tommy had a misapprehension that Roy was being uptight. Obviously they had a chat over the ad break and worked that out. Generally thought was Roy was pretty open, certainly by his standards. I enjoyed it.

You do know it’s not live.  There is no ad break.  The interviews take about twice as long as what is shown as it’s edited down.  That was the highlights without the awkward silences.  Keane was been awkward the sake of it.  He doesn’t have the reveal anything or enter into the spirit of things if he doesn’t want to but why go on a show like the Tommy Tiernan show if you don’t want to go there.  It’s not a show that is about a couple of soundbites for social media that Keane is adept at. It’s a show that attempts to get to the heart and soul of a person and Keane put up the barriers which again is fine but why go on. A waste of time really. 
AKA pedantic kunt
DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:51am
That was a hard watch lads. Roy had no interest in being stripped back. It reminded me of an episode of Father Ted when Fr. Stone came to visit.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:45am

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:46am

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 6:18pm
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 6:07pm

Said he ended his career and he deserved it and if he had time he would have smashed his other leg too
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 5:50pm

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 4:08pm

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 163>
  Share Topic