You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

punishment for drunk and disorderly behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

If you didn't get a charge sheet ,forget about it.Nothing gonna happen now.Did they arrest you are just put you into a cell for your own safety.
You could ring and apologise but I wouldn't be giving a donation or anything like that.The most you will get is an adult caution.

tbh im not sure if was arrested or it was for my own safety. The guard in the station said I was arrested for a public order offence and I asked was it drunk and disorderly and she said yes. I was let sleep it off in a cell and let out at 5 to 4 this morning

I would forget about it,give the copper a ring if it puts your mind at ease  but best thing to do is go for a skin full now.
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:06pm
Guards are dickheads, happened to me before. Got thrown in a cell for the night, I was absoloutely f**ked and had no money and the guards threw me out about 5 in the morning to fend for myself. Got no charge sheet, couple of months later got a letter telling me I needed to go to court
Whacha gonna do
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:29pm
Do not sign an adult caution if you can take a fine to get away with a caution pay it whatever it is. That caution will come up on an enhanced British CRB check for time immortal and you would have to declare it for many jobs especially youth work. I took a caution for the exact same thing and it has caused some serious bother for me re jobs. Good luck and don't beat your self up over it. Many many people from all walks of life have been in a similar situation.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:31pm

If you didn't get a charge sheet ,forget about it.Nothing gonna happen now.Did they arrest you are just put you into a cell for your own safety.
You could ring and apologise but I wouldn't be giving a donation or anything like that.The most you will get is an adult caution.

tbh im not sure if was arrested or it was for my own safety. The guard in the station said I was arrested for a public order offence and I asked was it drunk and disorderly and she said yes. I was let sleep it off in a cell and let out at 5 to 4 this morning

I would forget about it,give the copper a ring if it puts your mind at ease  but best thing to do is go for a skin full now.

+1

Call the cop,put your mind at rest then go for a pint.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:58pm
Panic, thats all you can do now.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Do not sign an adult caution if you can take a fine to get away with a caution pay it whatever it is. That caution will come up on an enhanced British CRB check for time immortal and you would have to declare it for many jobs especially youth work. I took a caution for the exact same thing and it has caused some serious bother for me re jobs. Good luck and don't beat your self up over it. Many many people from all walks of life have been in a similar situation.

You sure it was an adult caution you got? Its not a choice of fine or caution, you have to go to court to get a fine a caution is just done in the station with the superintendent.
Was it in Ireland or Britain you got the caution ?

Edited by rossieman - 26 Oct 2013 at 2:19pm
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:04pm
You definitely didn't get charged if they didn't give you your charge sheet, they will always give you your charge sheet when leaving the station if you have a court appearance, if not then they just detained you "for your own safety and the safety of others around you". You got away with it and you won't hear from them again I wouldn't think. I'd still give your man a bell to apologize for wasting their time tho, just to stay on the good side of them.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

You definitely didn't get charged if they didn't give you your charge sheet, they will always give you your charge sheet when leaving the station if you have a court appearance, if not then they just detained you "for your own safety and the safety of others around you". You got away with it and you won't hear from them again I wouldn't think. I'd still give your man a bell to apologize for wasting their time tho, just to stay on the good side of them.

Yeah I will ring him tonight when he is on duty and apologise or being a mess and it will put my mind at ease as well. Early graduation ceremony was the killer normally I'm the one making sure everyone else is staying out of bother
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
novice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote novice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:40pm

Not true unfortunately. Got arrested on Stephens day. Got letter 3 weeks ago! Exact same thing!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by novice novice wrote:

Not true unfortunately. Got arrested on Stephens day. Got letter 3 weeks ago! Exact same thing!

Was the letter a summons to go to court or what. I'm hoping he will look kindly on me seeing as it was my 1st time in trouble with the guards
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by novice novice wrote:

Jaysus thats mental
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:21pm

Yeah I will ring him tonight when he is on duty and apologise or being a mess and it will put my mind at ease as well. Early graduation ceremony was the killer normally I'm the one making sure everyone else is staying out of bother

You could well get a summons to court. If you do, show up with €200 odd and chances are you should get off with a strike out and a payment to charity. Tell the judge it was out of character, you apologise completely, you'd like to avoid a conviction for work purposes, that you are willing to make a donation to charity and that you have a sum of money in court.

Incidentally, where did this happen? Dublin city centre or somewhere suburban?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

You could well get a summons to court. If you do, show up with €200 odd and chances are you should get off with a strike out and a payment to charity. Tell the judge it was out of character, you apologise completely, you'd like to avoid a conviction for work purposes, that you are willing to make a donation to charity and that you have a sum of money in court.

Incidentally, where did this happen? Dublin city centre or somewhere suburban?

It happened up at home dave in donegal. I am going to ring the guard later when he's on duty and see what the story is I have no problem paying a sum of money to a charity if it means not getting a conviction. The guard in the station earlier was some help as I explained it was out of character etc and she told me I wasn't charged with it so to ring the station tonight and chat to the guard who arrested me
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:36pm
Well, just not being charged doesn't mean you won't be summonsed. I dunno what the judge in Donegal is like, is all. If it was Dublin, I might know, but not Donegal.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Well, just not being charged doesn't mean you won't be summonsed. I dunno what the judge in Donegal is like, is all. If it was Dublin, I might know, but not Donegal.

Yeah I know there is the possibility of being summonsed happened a friend of mine last year during college and was told to pay €100 to local charity not sure if he got conviction or not. Il know more after a contact the guard tonight as will ask about all this as the guard earlier mentioned something about on the spot fine that could be payed
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:04pm
No charge sheet= no charge.........as was said I wouldn't worry about it.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

No charge sheet= no charge.........as was said I wouldn't worry about it.

Not true

Youre watcing too much love hate   
I know nothing :-)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 8:39pm
Speak nicely face to face with the arresting Garda, and ask him did he spray Elmo is a rat?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic