You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

punishment for drunk and disorderly behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: punishment for drunk and disorderly behaviour
    Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:23am
Had my graduation yesterday and ended up having a few to many and got arrested for public order offence. Went into the station this morning and was told no charge sheet was presented to me but the guard wasn't on duty to ring tonight to speak to him. Just wondering does anyone have any experience with this and know what I might be looking at. Was my 1st time being in trouble with the guards as well
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:29am
You and your Jaegerbombs

According to Monty Python's Life Of Brian, for a first time offence you'll probably get away with a crucifixion
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:30am
The only advice I'd give would be to go to the station as opposed to ringing. It shows a level of remorse that the guard will respect (I've done this, not for a PO offence though) Talk to him sensibly, explain the circumstances surrounding the offence, let him see what you're like when sober.
If the offence was minor there's a good chance it'll be a slap on the wrist from the guard
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:54am
Bring the guard a breakfast roll too with a can of lilt and you won't have a problem. A copy of the hogan stand wouldn't go amiss either.
Chips don't bounce
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:59am
Worst you'd get here RB is a caution and even then you can challenge it and the likelyhood is the cop cant be arsed doing the paperwork and will drop the charge long before it even gets mentioned about court

Just tell him you and Paddy are best buds and won match's together - should work the trick for ya 
novice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote novice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 10:12am
If he does bring it to court you'll get a fine with a complete strike out. So pay €150/200 and no more will be mentioned of it, if it goes that far!
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 10:16am
You will be tossing the salad in no time.

But seriously!

In my experience from years back a charitable donation should suffice as long as didn't completely abuse the arresting officer
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The only advice I'd give would be to go to the station as opposed to ringing. It shows a level of remorse that the guard will respect (I've done this, not for a PO offence though) Talk to him sensibly, explain the circumstances surrounding the offence, let him see what you're like when sober.
If the offence was minor there's a good chance it'll be a slap on the wrist from the guard

This is what I wanted to do but unfortunately im back home and not near the station. I will ring tonight to talk to him and let him tell me what is going to happen. I mostly want to talk to him to apologise for wasting his time etc and explain the circumstances around it (graduation). As I am involved in youth work need to find out if this is going to effect that
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:44am
you're in for some serious time
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

better learn to not drop the soap then so. I know its not a serious crime its just never been in trouble with the guards before and would like to know what's the possible outcomes for me
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

better learn to not drop the soap then so. I know its not a serious crime its just never been in trouble with the guards before and would like to know what's the possible outcomes for me

slap on the wrist, not worth worrying about
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:54am

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

slap on the wrist, not worth worrying about
thats what I think as well as I know I cooperated with them and they let me out at 4 this morning after getting few hours sleep. when went into the station this morning the guard on duty
told me there was nothing written up about it and no fine was issued. Will contact them tonight to apologise and set my mind at ease
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 11:56am
See if Eire32 can give you some help from the inside.
The dark side.. And the light
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:14pm
So they wouldn't give you your charge sheet then

Bit like Elmo. The cops have stitched you up. 
Expect to see "Ringerbell is a Rat" on the walls of your hometown anytime soon
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So they wouldn't give you your charge sheet then

Bit like Elmo. The cops have stitched you up. 
Expect to see "Ringerbell is a Rat" on the walls of your hometown anytime soon
I asked in the station today was I charged and she said no so hoping thats the case
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:22pm
Nothing to worry about.Can be a bit of a wirey situation but the cops know a scumbag from a drunk sound lad.It would be better if you called in personally but a phone call will be grand.Very unlikely there would be any paperwork as the cop cant be arsed and as i said they'll have plenty of paperwork to do for others.Very worst scenario here is you pay a charitable donation.More likely you ring the cop and thats the end of it.

It should be noted i know nothing of the law but was in this situation when i was younger and just about everyone of my mates has at some time as well.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 12:50pm
If you didn't get a charge sheet ,forget about it.Nothing gonna happen now.Did they arrest you are just put you into a cell for your own safety.
You could ring and apologise but I wouldn't be giving a donation or anything like that.The most you will get is an adult caution.

Edited by rossieman - 26 Oct 2013 at 12:51pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

If you didn't get a charge sheet ,forget about it.Nothing gonna happen now.Did they arrest you are just put you into a cell for your own safety.
You could ring and apologise but I wouldn't be giving a donation or anything like that.The most you will get is an adult caution.

tbh im not sure if was arrested or it was for my own safety. The guard in the station said I was arrested for a public order offence and I asked was it drunk and disorderly and she said yes. I was let sleep it off in a cell and let out at 5 to 4 this morning
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic